2 clerks sell tobacco to minors; 41 p...

2 clerks sell tobacco to minors; 41 pass tests

There are 12 comments on the Asheville Citizen-Times story from Apr 3, 2007, titled 2 clerks sell tobacco to minors; 41 pass tests. In it, Asheville Citizen-Times reports that:

In 43 undercover attempts to buy tobacco at Macon, Rutherford and Buncombe county stores, authorities say two clerks sold to customers younger than 18.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Asheville Citizen-Times.

FedUp2

Wilsons Mills, NC

#1 Apr 3, 2007
$1,000.00 or 30 days in jail? Damn, a murderer don't get that type of sentence these days.

“resident Librul wingnut”

Since: Feb 07

Newland, NC

#2 Apr 3, 2007
An interesting comment considering there is currently an ongoing discussion here about a murderer who was condemned to death.
FedUp2

Wilsons Mills, NC

#3 Apr 3, 2007
stereoman wrote:
An interesting comment considering there is currently an ongoing discussion here about a murderer who was condemned to death.
If he/she was convicted of murder, they should be condemned to death.

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#4 Apr 3, 2007
FedUp2 wrote:
<quoted text>

If he/she was convicted of murder, they should be condemned to death.
SHOW ME TWELVE HONEST MEN AND WOMEN, THEN PROVE THAT THEY ARE HONEST, THEN I'LL AGREE WITH YOU ON YOU STATEMENT!

NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENT.
FedUp2

Wilsons Mills, NC

#5 Apr 5, 2007
AMERICAN INDIAN wrote:
<quoted text> SHOW ME TWELVE HONEST MEN AND WOMEN, THEN PROVE THAT THEY ARE HONEST, THEN I'LL AGREE WITH YOU ON YOU STATEMENT!
NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENT.
I agree with you there!
miss jean

Lancaster, SC

#6 Apr 30, 2007
if under age kids are going to smoke, they will do it regardless. To entrap the good folks behind the counter is wrong.
FedUp2

Wilsons Mills, NC

#7 May 1, 2007
stereoman wrote:
This ain't it, and I don't care.

“Fourth Estate = Fifth Column”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#8 May 3, 2007
What idiot top cop ordered this waste of manpower?

Real policemen don't want to go out and bother store clerks.

Since: Feb 07

Cullowhee

#9 May 3, 2007
If it is a waste of time, why have laws against underage smoking? I have been smoking since I was 14 years old and have tried many times to stop and cannot. I do not want my children to smoke because of the health issues and do not want clerks selling them cigarettes - period. Checking ID's is part of a clerks job. Would you feel the same if they were selling your kids alcohol without an ID?

“Fourth Estate = Fifth Column”

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#10 May 3, 2007
You are responsible for the acts of your minor children as I am responsible for the acts of mine.
ecl1958

Travelers Rest, SC

#11 May 3, 2007
retiredlawman wrote:
What idiot top cop ordered this waste of manpower?
Real policemen don't want to go out and bother store clerks.
I mentioned this on another thread -- I recently observed a cop apparently checking IDs of customers as they exited a local store. The young man who I observed being carded looked to be well into his 20s, and after he passed muster he put a pack of cigarettes in his pocket. Seemed that it wasn't enough that the guy passed muster within the store, the cop had to go checking behind the clerk AFTER the guy made the purchase. I just don't think it's right at all. Aren't there murderers and rapists and thieves to go after?

Since: Mar 07

AOL

#12 May 3, 2007
ecl1958 wrote:
<quoted text>
I mentioned this on another thread -- I recently observed a cop apparently checking IDs of customers as they exited a local store. The young man who I observed being carded looked to be well into his 20s, and after he passed muster he put a pack of cigarettes in his pocket. Seemed that it wasn't enough that the guy passed muster within the store, the cop had to go checking behind the clerk AFTER the guy made the purchase. I just don't think it's right at all. Aren't there murderers and rapists and thieves to go after?
I think your point is very well made!

NORTH CAROLINA RESIDENT.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jinxypie (Mar '16) Nov 13 Fredrick 2
Pam earley Nov 4 Pam 1
Freddie Autrey Oct 21 Angela 1
Lauren Gibson anyone know her Sep '17 Wondering 1
CJs new girl?? Sep '17 localheel 1
Word of Faith and Rutherford County (Sep '10) Aug '17 dottydriver 19
Wild Roots (May '17) Jun '17 answering U 2

Forest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance