Who do you support for U.S. Senate in...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#19241 Sep 11, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
The sole difference between this autrocity versus the autrocity committed by the government of Japan on December 7th, 1941 is mainstream media.
The sole and only reason that the terrorist achieved victory on the morning of September 11th, 2001 was because everyone with a camera or camera phone couldn't take their eyes off it. The terrorist achieved sucess by causing panic and fear into the heart of EVERY American because of media.
I am glad Obama authorized our nations finest to excute a mission to get Public Enemby Number 1 and I feel it was not an easy decision to make.
The 'sole' difference? So the fact the atrocity on 9/11 was not carried out by a nation state and Pearl Harbor was, is not a significant difference?
How about the fact the attacks on 9/11 were religious based?
How about the fact the 9/11 attacks were targeting civilians?

“Arch Nemisis of Democrats”

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#19242 Sep 11, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I am well aware of his pathetic excuse for freezing in his tracks and looking like a deer in headlights.
Anyone who has been in the military should know just what a leader of military men should have done. Bush at the time had no idea of the extent of the danger. By sitting on his hands, he put others in possible danger.
What should have he done, Mike? I'd like your play by play, minute by minute of, if you had been the president, what exactly your response would of been.

Location hidden

#19243 Sep 11, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Anyone who knows anything about air force one should know it is where he should have been right away. AF one is a mobile command center. Strange how bush did not seem to know this.
Thanks for pointing out two stupid things Bush did in the first moments when time is critical.
Just who was he trying to portray calm too? Kids? They did not even know about the planes, so how was he calming them? He was not on TV at the time, so most Americans were not seeing his quite actions. Most Americans were in a panic and Bush was frozen.
So tell us, just who was he calming? I have yet to hear a reasonable answer to this. I have no doubt you will not have one.
I find it odd, as a former military man, you would not gather intelligence and make informed decisions rather hastey ones? Bush was being Presidential and not trying to cause panic in all.

I bet you even believe in the "loose change" movie too.
TSF

Lillington, NC

#19244 Sep 11, 2012
The difference I see is that Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japanese and we reacted with an attack on Japan. New York and Washington were attacked by Saudi nationals and W reacted by attacking Afghanistan and Iraq.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>The 'sole' difference? So the fact the atrocity on 9/11 was not carried out by a nation state and Pearl Harbor was, is not a significant difference?
How about the fact the attacks on 9/11 were religious based?
How about the fact the 9/11 attacks were targeting civilians?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19245 Sep 11, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I do show other men and women the same respect.
It is you who is trying to redefine what marriage is. It is your team mates that are trying to redefine what marriage is. I can not and will not condone your actions or the actions of your team mates. Neither did the majority of North Carolinians either.
I threw out the sodomy thing as an example that if one wanted to make the case against homosexuals, by letter of the law, they could. They don't because there are more important issues to address. You and your "teammates" should be thankful there are more important issues to address.
Sodomy has not been prosecuted for about forty years now. And what one does in the bedroom is not a concern when one marries. Thus the letter of the law is still irrelevant.
Your arguments against gay marriage just don't hold water.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19246 Sep 11, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
I find it odd, as a former military man, you would not gather intelligence and make informed decisions rather hastey ones? Bush was being Presidential and not trying to cause panic in all.
Bush did not gather intelligence right away. Remember, he froze in his tracks. Thanks for pointing out what he should have done but did not.

I am not a truther. Loose change is full of crap. I debate truthers and condemn them quite often.

Bush did not attack America, he just failed to protect America that day.
TSF

Lillington, NC

#19247 Sep 11, 2012
The scariest part of the entire 911 episode to me was seeing my commander in chief on TV, frozen in a catatonic trance.
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>

Location hidden

#19248 Sep 11, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>So just what victory do you feel the terrorists achieved?
Do you think the media should have kept information from the public?
Terrorist killed innocent people and caused panic in an entire nation.

Not at all. Terrorism has always been there, TV hasn't.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19249 Sep 11, 2012
TSF wrote:
The difference I see is that Pearl Harbor was attacked by Japanese and we reacted with an attack on Japan. New York and Washington were attacked by Saudi nationals and W reacted by attacking Afghanistan and Iraq.
<quoted text>
Good point. Bush failed to protect America that day and failed in the response afterward. He failed to get Bin Laden.

Location hidden

#19250 Sep 11, 2012
TSF wrote:
<quoted text>
And those Saudi nationals were members of terrorist cells call Taliban and al-Qaeda. Guess where those two terrorist groups were mostly found or headquartered, suprise suprise. Afghanistan and Iraq. They cells every where. You might even be one of their operatives.

And you guys called me unreasonable and uninformed on military strategy when I suggested we nuke the bastards back to the stone age. We did drop two on japan. Guess who was president and ordered that to happen.

Truman.

A democrat.

Location hidden

#19251 Sep 11, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bush did not gather intelligence right away. Remember, he froze in his tracks. Thanks for pointing out what he should have done but did not.
I am not a truther. Loose change is full of crap. I debate truthers and condemn them quite often.
Still waiting on your play by play, Mr president...

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19252 Sep 11, 2012
TSF wrote:
The scariest part of the entire 911 episode to me was seeing my commander in chief on TV, frozen in a catatonic trance.
<quoted text>
That was a scary scene.
Clearly Bush's greatest failure is his inability to gather intelligence.
The presidential branch is in charge of all intelligence agencies.
A fact many civilians do not seem to understand the implications of.

Location hidden

#19253 Sep 11, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Sodomy has not been prosecuted for about forty years now. And what one does in the bedroom is not a concern when one marries. Thus the letter of the law is still irrelevant.
Your arguments against gay marriage just don't hold water.
Sure it is when you are trying to redefine marriage.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19254 Sep 11, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
And those Saudi nationals were members of terrorist cells call Taliban and al-Qaeda. Guess where those two terrorist groups were mostly found or headquartered, suprise suprise. Afghanistan and Iraq. They cells every where. You might even be one of their operatives.
And you guys called me unreasonable and uninformed on military strategy when I suggested we nuke the bastards back to the stone age. We did drop two on japan. Guess who was president and ordered that to happen.
Truman.
A democrat.
They were in Afghanistan, but not Iraq until Bush opened the country up to them. How quickly you forget. Or were you just buying Bush's lies that have been proved lies?
There was no 9/11 connection to Iraq.

Now go drive your gas guzzling Hummer so the religious nuts over their can have more money to attack us like a good republican.

Location hidden

#19255 Sep 11, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>Bush did not gather intelligence right away. Remember, he froze in his tracks. Thanks for pointing out what he should have done but did not.
You are correct. His team was gathering intelligence as it was unfolding infront of all of us. Either you refuse to believe or just don't want to, but all the government agencies did not always play well with one another.

Look at the Army and Navy. Their mission is to protect America, how they achieve that mission is entirely different and they don't always share intelligence. Same thing with the FBI and the CIA. They safe guard America interally and externally, but don't always play nice with one another nor share intelligence.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19256 Sep 11, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Still waiting on your play by play, Mr president...
I just told you.... or you answered it for me......I would immediately gather intelligence. I would not wait for five to seven minutes. Seconds count. Clearly even you figured that one out. Why did Bush not?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19257 Sep 11, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
You are correct. His team was gathering intelligence as it was unfolding infront of all of us. Either you refuse to believe or just don't want to, but all the government agencies did not always play well with one another.
Look at the Army and Navy. Their mission is to protect America, how they achieve that mission is entirely different and they don't always share intelligence. Same thing with the FBI and the CIA. They safe guard America interally and externally, but don't always play nice with one another nor share intelligence.
His team may have been gathering, but Bush could not hear it to react to it. You forget he is the commander in chief of the military. He is the button pusher. He has the ultimate power. He must be informed, not just his team. He wasted five to seven minutes to start the process. Valuable time. Critical time.
Do you know who had to make the order to shoot down flight 93 and 77, due to Bush's failure to be in air force one, the mobile command center? Cheney. It should have been Bush giving that order. Why? Because technically he is the only one authorized to do so.
But since Bush was frozen, Cheney took charge of the presidents job.
Now there is some controversy about the order and the authority. The responder's did not feel it was official as the president did not order it. Thus they flew out over the ocean to break the sound barrier. They did not want to break the sonic boom regulations. Now if Bush had ordered the action, I think full urgency would have taken place. Who knows for sure? But I do know Bush did not do his job. He froze and that is not acceptable.

Location hidden

#19258 Sep 11, 2012
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>I just told you.... or you answered it for me......I would immediately gather intelligence. I would not wait for five to seven minutes. Seconds count. Clearly even you figured that one out. Why did Bush not?
So let me get this right. since you are sitting infront a school full of children expecting you to read them a book...

Your top advisor, AZ steps over and says a plane just struck the world trade center mr president. It appears it may have been off course and emergency services are responding...

You continue on reading the book and now TSF and AZ confer and az now tells you a second plane has struck the tower 2 of the world trade center...

Mind you, you are still infront a room full of children, press and teachers and struggling to not cause panic or fear you restrain yourself and your first reaction is to gather intelligence...

Isn't that what happened?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19259 Sep 11, 2012
Silvercoastcorks wrote:
<quoted text>
Due to Nixon, there are separations between the intelligence agencies. Clinton was known to close the gaps by having very regular meetings with them together.
Not sure if you have heard, but a new book just came out that shows how many warnings Bush actually got before 9/11 of an attack.
The CIA even spent all its money on checking up on it and asked Bush for more. He refused.
As I said, the presidential branch is in charge of all intelligence agencies. Bush failed them and did not listen to their information. Bush failed us.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#19260 Sep 11, 2012
Lets remember the failures of history as to not repeat them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word of Faith and Rutherford County (Sep '10) Jul 19 birthers crap 17
Wild Roots Jun '17 answering U 2
News Church members face court over assault of homos... Jun '17 16 TEEN SHOTS chi... 5
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) Apr '17 Bk Raibourn 16
Walmart parking lot sex (Sep '16) Apr '17 Ekrius 2
News Facebook to Build Data Center in Clean Energy-F... Apr '17 samijafri 1
Who is a good beautician in town? Apr '17 Cosmic Chaos 1

Forest City Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Forest City Mortgages