Goody's to shut last city store

Comments on Topix forums : ASHEVILLE The Goody's Family Clothing store in Biltmore Square Mall is one of 103 stores that will close as part of a restructuring, the company said Monday. Full Story
Dennis Justice

Hendersonville, NC

#1 Jun 10, 2008
Wow, when it rains it pours for the Biltmore Square Mall.

Build an arena there. My .02

The irony is there's a "class" there next Tuesday sponsored by AB-Tech for people looking to start business there. Check out their website for more info.
flav

Zirconia, NC

#2 Jun 10, 2008
Did Dillard's shut its doors too?

“talk is cheap”

Since: Feb 08

Asheville

#3 Jun 10, 2008
I don't think Dillard's closed.

Can't say that I helped keep Goodys in business. Only went in there a couple of times. I heard/saw something about Biltmore Square becoming an outlet mall. Any truth to that?

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Since: Feb 07

Weaverville, NC

#4 Jun 10, 2008
Tuppence wrote:
I don't think Dillard's closed.
Can't say that I helped keep Goodys in business. Only went in there a couple of times. I heard/saw something about Biltmore Square becoming an outlet mall. Any truth to that?
Yes, bsm will become an outlet mall, but no one knows when.

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#5 Jun 10, 2008
flav wrote:
Did Dillard's shut its doors too?
no, it became an outlet store.
ASHE

Asheville, NC

#6 Jun 10, 2008
No loss here. Terrible service and a dirty store
NC bred-Fl accidental

Gainesville, FL

#7 Jun 10, 2008
I agree. I went there a few times while visiting and it always had a funky smell to it - like the tire section at Sears...
ollie

Hickory, NC

#8 Jun 10, 2008
another retailer just can't get it right:
1. quality merchandise
2. fair pricing
3. quality personnel to wait on you.
some get right and others don't
Jackson County

Cullowhee, NC

#9 Jun 10, 2008
The Goody's in Sylva is so small it's almost not worth operating, but hope the one in Waynesville doesn't close - its' huge, bigger than any of the stores in Asheville. Good stuff and good staff there too.
Jazz

United States

#10 Jun 10, 2008
For the Biltmore Mall to become a quality mall that it wants to be this is a good thing that this store is out of there. Nothing says great mall than Goody's.
Reader

Casar, NC

#11 Jun 11, 2008
I hate to see Goody's go. They had cleaned up the Biltmore Square store. I liked it, however, they almost did away with the kid's clothes to the point that there were only a few racks. Oh well, its a sign of the times and there will probably be more stores to follow.

Dillards is nasty now. You can't find anything as the store is so disorganized and what you can find is crap. They are selling everything that doesn't sell in the stores throughout the southeast and it shows. The only thing decent in there are the men's shirts and lingerie dept. Forget trying to shop for ladie or kids there.

“RadicalDudette”

Location hidden

#12 Jun 11, 2008
Well at least on June 14 (Saturday) the mall
parking lot will have the:

The Big Boys Toys show.

It is not just limited to boys or guys.

Women can have more fun flying on the helicopters while those silly men look for new tractors. LOL

It is a nice way to celebrate father's day and anyone's day!!

http://www.965woxl.com/Article.asp...
Bystander

Hickory, NC

#13 Jun 11, 2008
Toy Show!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!! And Hooter's girls?!!? In the hot rain??? They better be selling beer,

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#14 Jun 11, 2008
Reader wrote:
I hate to see Goody's go. They had cleaned up the Biltmore Square store. I liked it, however, they almost did away with the kid's clothes to the point that there were only a few racks. Oh well, its a sign of the times and there will probably be more stores to follow.
Dillards is nasty now. You can't find anything as the store is so disorganized and what you can find is crap. They are selling everything that doesn't sell in the stores throughout the southeast and it shows. The only thing decent in there are the men's shirts and lingerie dept. Forget trying to shop for ladie or kids there.
Amen to that, last time I was there, It looked so old, and nasty.

“WeaverVEGAS baby!”

Weaverville, NC

#15 Jun 11, 2008
Bystander wrote:
Toy Show!!! OMGWTFBBQ!!! And Hooter's girls?!!? In the hot rain??? They better be selling beer,
lol, I dont think they would.
Anonymous

United States

#16 Dec 11, 2010
I think Biltmore Square Mall and a couple of adjacent shopping centers should eventually be demolished and replaced with something like the Biltmore Park Town Square along Long Shoals Road. It would make the site more beautiful and increase land values in the area, and would add more residents to the area so that there will be more shoppers for the area. Its an idea worth looking into.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Forest City Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Marijuana - Rutherfordton, NC (May '12) Dec 16 Stupidbitch 12
North Carolina Charter School Updates Religion ... Dec 16 Stupidbitch 3
NC church members facing charges in beating of ... Dec 15 Duh Ralph 10
Capital murder trial set to begin (Mar '06) Dec 13 cloredeal 21
Anti-gay N.C. church members indicted on felony... Dec 11 fsdf 13
Sex buddies Dec 7 forest city forum 2
old hollis school fire? (Feb '10) Dec 1 bigmoneyal 10
Forest City Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web