opinion

United States

#1 Nov 4, 2012
People doing fundraiser when they are in a charity hospital. Wow
FYI

Opelousas, LA

#2 Nov 4, 2012
Not sure who this pertains to but FYI charity hospitals are not completely free! Unless you have no income whatsoever, you still have medical bills that must be paid! It's not like it used to be. Wish it was, it's just cheaper than other hospitals because they go by your income.
white boy

Maringouin, LA

#3 Nov 4, 2012
opinion wrote:
is this about a fundraiser in fordoche?
opinion

United States

#4 Nov 4, 2012
white boy wrote:
<quoted text>is this about a fundraiser in fordoche?
Yep
opinion

United States

#5 Nov 5, 2012
FYI wrote:
Not sure who this pertains to but FYI charity hospitals are not completely free! Unless you have no income whatsoever, you still have medical bills that must be paid! It's not like it used to be. Wish it was, it's just cheaper than other hospitals because they go by your income.
That is correct!! So if you have a job then you shouldn't need other people to pay your medical bills. They have so many people around here whom does fundraisers and don't do the rite thing.
white boy

United States

#6 Nov 5, 2012
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>Yep
well for your I formation I know him very well and he does need the money he stayed in the lake for a few days and has a tremendous bill, and a charity hospital is not free if you have a job. He has thousands of dollars in medical bills. get the facts straight before you hate on someone. If you don't like it you don't have to go to the benefit simple as that!!
question

Livonia, LA

#7 Nov 6, 2012
When is this fundraiser?
Renee Guillory

United States

#8 Nov 7, 2012
To: The opinionated shit starter.

I am doing this fundraiser for my little brother. If would like to know why, I'll be MORE than happy to let you know the details! First of all, he was in Lady of the Lake for 8 days, That bill is up to 50,000 with bills still rolling in the mail. He came home after that for 3 days, had a Pulmonary Embolism which in fact almost killed him. Yes we did bring him to Earl K. Long for that because Lady of the Lake screwed him up with everything they did to him. Charity hospital is NOT free it is in fact based on income. He was there for another 8 days.
Now, let me tell you, This is MY little brother, I almost lost him, I will do anything in my power to help him, like it or not, keep your comments to yourself. If it were your family I would hope you would do the same for them.

If you have any other questions please feel free to find me on Facebook!
Jonalyn Trubon

United States

#9 Nov 8, 2012
opinion wrote:
<quoted text>
That is correct!! So if you have a job then you shouldn't need other people to pay your medical bills. They have so many people around here whom does fundraisers and don't do the rite thing.
The benefit is Saturday the10th at 11:00-till. If you feel that we shouldn't have one please do not show up. John and I work very hard for our money. I was the only income in our home for 2.5 months and he still has appointments every week so he does not make 40hrs. We have applied for medical help and have been turned down because we do work. We are not asking for money we are selling dinners, drinks, etc... His family is doing this for us because we would never do it for ourselves. We support everyone who has benefits. I thank God for the people who chose to do this for us because we are not the type of people who like to ask for help. We were not given a choice. If we pay $600 or $700 a month for the next 30 years we might get the bills paid off. We don't drive fancy cars or live in a big house we are going to use whatever is made to pay on the bills. So if anybody thinks we do need the help we will not hold it against you. If anybody has any questions they may contact me on Facebook. And I would also like to thank everyone who is helping and supporting us from the bottom of my heart. God bless you all!
Renee Guillory

United States

#10 Nov 8, 2012
We love the both of you and your babies Jonalyn, There is nothing in this world I wouldn't do to help y'all or anyone of my family or friends!! Some people are just mean with ulgy hearts and for that they will have to answer to God.
someone

United States

#11 Nov 14, 2012
opinion wrote:
Fordoche people at their finest starting mess! I guess you are among the scummy people in this town who doesn't work being as you think going to the charity hospital means you get health care for free. You have it sadly mistaken bc even those who make minimum wage have to bring check stubs and receive a bill. I commend Renee for doing this fundraiser and helping her family! If you thought it was wrong then oh well don't go it isn't your business anyways. I can't believe you'd even have the audacity to post something like that when you have no clue about their circumstances. John and Jonalyn are great people and do not deserve for you to come on here and try to embarrass them!
Renee Guillory

United States

#12 Nov 14, 2012
Thank you "Someone" for standing up for what is right. These people in and around this town could never embarrass me for helping my brother. They are just small minded people who hate to see anyone get any help. It doesn't matter to John, Jonalyn or, I what they say. The good lord knows that they are sure to have been someone who has smiled in my face, turned around and tried to belittle my family. ItÂ’s just sad to see that there are such people like them, because in the end if they were my friend and needed the assistance, I would be there for them with open arms and bawd shoulders to help carry their weight. That's just me, the way I am. Every day!
onceinalifetime

Zachary, LA

#13 Nov 15, 2012
renee sometimes we have to walk away from the negative.give you troubles to GOD.for future references ask for a social worker and ask the social worker to file for a spin down medical card.it will help you maybe not all of it but it will help you with some of it.also saint vinent de paul can give his meicines for free.still do fund raiser because your family will need money to continue his care.as far as people your own family do the same.i have been through a hell of a lot .people in fordoche are very selfish but you cant keep them out of church.dont let noone stop you from doiung what we all know deep inside is nright.you have my prayers

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fordoche Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Need to Support our Local Singer/Songwriter... 58 min Boston chewer 6
What's going on with all these punks in Melville? (Jun '15) 1 hr Blue 4
who are some great musicians from around here?? (Apr '09) 1 hr Catwalket 81
Lot by Billy's 1 hr Blue 3
News Mother and two sons arrested in Melville homicide 1 hr Blue 7
Finally gave the mayor a mouth full Jul 15 Allison 6
Who robbed KS Valero gas station Jul 15 Yum-Yum 24

Fordoche Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance