Teens accused of robbing couple at gu...

Teens accused of robbing couple at gunpoint

There are 29 comments on the Chicago Sun-Times story from Oct 16, 2008, titled Teens accused of robbing couple at gunpoint. In it, Chicago Sun-Times reports that:

Two standout basketball players at Bloom High School were behind bars Wednesday, accused of robbing a couple at gunpoint earlier this week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Sun-Times.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
shamonie nochi ledet

Northbrook, IL

#1 Oct 16, 2008
I DONT THINK IT IS RIGHT TO GIVE THEM TIME THEY ARE SOME OUTSTANDED STUDENTS AND ME BEING THERE AGE I WOULD KNOW....... I REALLY DON'T KNOW THE STORY BUT I KNOW THEY ARE NOT CAPABLE OF DOING THIS.
jon

Thornton, IL

#2 Oct 16, 2008
i think they should do as much time as possible. if they are convited of the crime, give them the max they can get.
suz

Thornton, IL

#3 Oct 16, 2008
I think they should burn in hell!
Victim

Quincy, IL

#4 Oct 16, 2008
I can tell the difference btwn on person and the next. I would NEVER ID someone unless I was 100% sure that is was them. I studied two of their faces during the attack. The fact that they had bright futures DOES NOT excuse them for what they did to us. I will NEVER forget their faces, to sound of the gun going off, seeing my friend on the ground with blood rushing from his head, the sound of Thompson's belt buckle or the words she said as he pointed the gun on me next, the boxers of the 3rd man or the way he repeatedly punched me in the face and stomach! I am less then a year away from being a H.S. teacher and am disgusted by their actions. I hope their peers learn from their mistakes. No one, no student or adult ever NEEDS to do this to another human being!
BUTCH

Mount Prospect, IL

#5 Oct 16, 2008
LOCK THEM UP,
wade

Mount Prospect, IL

#6 Oct 16, 2008
a crime is a crime,time for the idiots to serve some time. don't drop the soao
Linda

Hickory Hills, IL

#7 Oct 16, 2008
If these boys are such outstanding students, then they are fully aware of the difference between right and wrong; therefore, they were well aware of the consequences for the actions they took that night. They knew that jail was a very real possibility. They shouldn't be able to get away with this just because they've got potential to succeed in basketball or because they've done well in school. They broke more than one law, and now they need to pay for it.
C-Rex

Bolingbrook, IL

#8 Oct 17, 2008
I hope they get tried as adults and sentenced to the maximum allowable by law. And I truly hope that the police have the right people -- Not speaking of the ones that were positively identified, but the ones that weren't. Aren't the police contending that there were 5 bad guys involved?
SICA What

Chicago, IL

#9 Oct 17, 2008
These players committed a crime, and whatever the courts decide I would support.
It is so unfortunate to see young people doing this.
I hope they learn from this, and are able to come away from this better people, and responsible people.
F them

United States

#10 Oct 17, 2008
First of all, these little S*it heads deserve to be locked up and convicted. What race was the victims? I see the police let the third suspect go? I gotta say the detectives the heights got are incompetent as hell. Wait, when they are in trouble or not liked they are usually put in Detective's. Only the height's! A word to the victims, do not judge us all by the actions of these suspects!
Mad as hell

Cincinnati, OH

#11 Oct 21, 2008
This is something they have been doing for a sometime they just got caught. The question I raise is what the hell were they doing out at 1:00 am on a school night? Where were the parents? Somebody needs to be accountable for this horrific crime and for those who say they are such great students then why don't you go to jail in their place and suffer the consequences for their bullsh__...Burn their asses!!!That woman had the right to go to the bank to deposit her money and these sorry excuses for african american males have the balls to want to take the money she work for and since she had nothing to give them they would have raped her...Some of you must don't have a mother or a daughter this could have been one of your love ones. Forget about damn basketball don't no prestige college want their trifling asses...Bloom High School should not even lower their standards an allow them to come back...These young punks need to know that there is a consequence when you do wrong and their time has come and they must pay. Don't scream their great kids now hell if they were so great they would have had their asses in the bed.
the Neighborhood

Chicago, IL

#12 Oct 21, 2008
Was one of the victims a teacher at Bloom? Thats what I heard.
I assume they will be tried as adults, they will serve some hard time for this.
One of the culprits had a scholarship to Northern Iowa to play basketball, I'm guessing that scholarship will be taken away by the university following the trial(presuming they are found guilty)
I've lived in the Heights my whole life, so I know this stuff happens in certain parts of town, but it just seems that the few areas that were considered "OK" are now also starting to go down the tubes.
believe me girl

Chicago, IL

#13 Oct 22, 2008
F Them,

You asked what race the victims were? Why would that matter? A victim is a victim no matter what race. and "Only the Heights?" Crime happens all over, sorry!
Fed Up

AOL

#14 Oct 22, 2008
Let our wonderful mayor know how you feel.
Anthony DeLuca - Mayor
[email protected]
I can not understand why or how these bozos are back on the streets, not alone back on the ball team! Lock your doors!
MBMS

Hammond, IN

#15 Oct 25, 2008
hi victim, first let me say i am so sorry for what happen to you and your friend, but are you sure thompson had anything to do with this, or he wasn't just a bystander, i personally know him & he is not the type to do anything like this!!! i'm very curious, could you please e-mail me back asap, thanks & god bless!!!
MBMS

Hammond, IN

#16 Oct 25, 2008
Victim wrote:
I can tell the difference btwn on person and the next. I would NEVER ID someone unless I was 100% sure that is was them. I studied two of their faces during the attack. The fact that they had bright futures DOES NOT excuse them for what they did to us. I will NEVER forget their faces, to sound of the gun going off, seeing my friend on the ground with blood rushing from his head, the sound of Thompson's belt buckle or the words she said as he pointed the gun on me next, the boxers of the 3rd man or the way he repeatedly punched me in the face and stomach! I am less then a year away from being a H.S. teacher and am disgusted by their actions. I hope their peers learn from their mistakes. No one, no student or adult ever NEEDS to do this to another human being!
hi victim, first let me say i am so sorry for what happen to you and your friend, but are you sure thompson had anything to do with this, or he wasn't just a bystander, i personally know him & he is not the type to do anything like this!!! i'm very curious, could you please e-mail me back asap, thanks & god bless!!!
THE TRUTH

Chicago, IL

#17 Oct 25, 2008
Why is this in the Marshall topix?
mdjmom

Westmont, IL

#18 Oct 26, 2008
Even if Thompson was a bystander, he is as guilty as if he was an active participant. He did nothing to stop the attack. I don't care how nice you think he is or that "he is not the type to do this." He was there; he is guilty.
MyKansas dot info

West Palm Beach, FL

#19 Oct 28, 2008
Money is tight, people have to find other ways to make money, tell us how you are making money in this economy!

http://www.MyKansas.info
believe me girl

Chicago, IL

#20 Oct 28, 2008
MyKansas dot info wrote:
Money is tight, people have to find other ways to make money, tell us how you are making money in this economy!
http://www.MyKansas.info
Here is a logical answer: I am certainly not robbing people to make money. I have a job and I spend it wisely. I know the economy is bad, but, come on, are you serious? You think it is okay what they did, because they needed money.? That makes me sick. I need money too but, I don't rob someone at gunpoint!! Why don't we all just rob people to pay our bills.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ford Heights Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vince Please Run (Feb '16) 11 hr Bob 38
Review: Public Moving and Storage 12 hr paul 132
HAZEL CREST Elections Who is running Trustee/ P... (Mar '11) Thu Susan P 24
April 2017 Thu Susan P 1
Marlo Kemp vs Hazel Crest (Dec '15) Thu Lbh 9
Frances Street Thu ATF 21
News Step inside - and back in time - at new Wicker ... Nov 30 chad hatten 3 1

Ford Heights Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance