Man Learns Touching Mountain Lion Cub...

Man Learns Touching Mountain Lion Cubs May Lead To Attack

There are 34 comments on the KNBC Los Angeles story from Aug 6, 2008, titled Man Learns Touching Mountain Lion Cubs May Lead To Attack. In it, KNBC Los Angeles reports that:

A man who was hiking at Whiting Ranch Wilderness Park said he was scratched by a mountain lion Wednesday when he petted the cougar's cubs, prompting a search for the animals and forcing the closure of the park ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KNBC Los Angeles.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“Send 'em back, kids & all !!”

Since: Feb 08

Huntington Beach, CA

#22 Aug 7, 2008
David wrote:
<quoted text>
I missed this one Drewski, another great line!!!!
Although it was vulgar and I was offended.
Thank you for the compliment. Vulgar & offensive are bullet points on my resume.:-)
Astonished

Los Angeles, CA

#23 Aug 7, 2008
People PLEASE! There was no cougar with or without cubs! First of all think about his story! Do any of you really think that a) any wild animal, with young, would allow a human to approach and "pet" the cubs BEFORE reacting, and b) the cougar would simply scratch this guy on the wrist as if to say, "go away, I don't want you touching my kids."? or c) a cougar, with her cubs, would be sitting politly by the side of the road, just taking in the sights? Yeah, Right!!! His story is bogus, he just wants the attention. I saw the area on his arm. With the size of a cougar's paw and claws, that was not (let me repeat NOT) done by a cougar!!!! If there really was a cougar with cubs and he tried to handle the cubs, the cubs would be eating bum tartar right now.

“Earn your own money!”

Since: Aug 08

Chino

#24 Aug 7, 2008
A changed quote from TOMBSTONE "MAYBE LIFE JUST AINT YOUR GAME" "I KNOW LETS HAVE A MOUNTAIN LION PETTING CONTEST"
don

Bloomington, IL

#25 Aug 7, 2008
Somewhere there is a pissed off mother tabby cat with some kittens, and a empty booze bottle nearby.
Poster

Walnut, CA

#26 Aug 7, 2008
Astonished wrote:
People PLEASE! There was no cougar with or without cubs! First of all think about his story! Do any of you really think that a) any wild animal, with young, would allow a human to approach and "pet" the cubs BEFORE reacting, and b) the cougar would simply scratch this guy on the wrist as if to say, "go away, I don't want you touching my kids."? or c) a cougar, with her cubs, would be sitting politly by the side of the road, just taking in the sights? Yeah, Right!!! His story is bogus, he just wants the attention. I saw the area on his arm. With the size of a cougar's paw and claws, that was not (let me repeat NOT) done by a cougar!!!! If there really was a cougar with cubs and he tried to handle the cubs, the cubs would be eating bum tartar right now.
ALL of those questions came to my mind as well. I was trying to wait for the "official" report but no official had any after incident report. I also noticed that they called off the "search' for the animals after only a few hours
cyn507

Memphis, TN

#27 Aug 7, 2008
the mother won't abandon the cubs just because that idiot touched them- it's questionable if he even did. I think he's just looking for some publicity. they'll be fine.
Astonished

Los Angeles, CA

#28 Aug 7, 2008
don wrote:
Somewhere there is a **** off mother tabby cat with some kittens, and a empty booze bottle nearby.
Oh Yeah! Having been on the wrong end of a p*ssed off kitty, I can tell you they can dish out a whole lot of hurt! Where as, big, toothy, wild animals that are p*ssed off, just kill and eat you, thereby aleviating you of the pain factor!:-)

what bugged me is the fact that the officials had to go through all those motions, and the school kids had to go through lockdown because of this bum.

This guy is a putz.
Dakota

South San Francisco, CA

#29 Aug 7, 2008
No tracks were found, cut not consistent with an animal scratch...

This guys a liar.
Ironfeather

Los Angeles, CA

#30 Aug 7, 2008
I could add to this, but I think everyone pretty much said it all. Pet the kitties, please!
Anaheim

Los Angeles, CA

#31 Aug 7, 2008
Well, DUH! What he did was silly and dangerous. We don't live in never never land. Hard lesson.

“Send 'em back, kids & all !!”

Since: Feb 08

Huntington Beach, CA

#32 Aug 7, 2008
working wrote:
A changed quote from TOMBSTONE "MAYBE LIFE JUST AINT YOUR GAME" "I KNOW LETS HAVE A MOUNTAIN LION PETTING CONTEST"
About like the people who insisted on sleeping out in the wild in the middle of the bears. You know they got all upset when the bears ate them. Go figure.
David

United States

#33 Aug 7, 2008
Dakota wrote:
No tracks were found, cut not consistent with an animal scratch...
This guys a liar.
Hope not, I'd laugh if someone really was eaten by a mountain lion, or bear, snake, ect.
Astonished

Los Angeles, CA

#34 Aug 7, 2008
David, you'd laugh over anything, and if you found a snake in America big enough to eat a person, I have a carny sideshow operator who'll buy it from you.
Have some empathy

Lake Forest, CA

#35 Jul 9, 2009
You're crucifying a homeless man who is not in full possession of his mental faculties. He is fortunate that the lioness probably sensed that he was not going to harm her cubs, so she gave him a warning to back off.

Too bad humans can't realize that. Of course he's not a hiker. He lives in the canyon.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foothill Ranch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Orange County Foot and Ankle Sat Ron Ghahreman 1
Helicopter circling above? (Nov '06) Jul 21 Mtk 27
News Athiest tells high schoolers God is evil (May '11) Jul 7 unserve satan 8199 844
noise from the neighbor Jun '17 pleasantglen 1
News Irvine police searching for ID in attempted kid... Jun '17 adamanter 1
News Why some people are fleeing Southern California Jun '17 BigRyan 4
Peeping Timmy spotted in Tuscany condos (Nov '15) Nov '15 Shell81 2

Foothill Ranch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Foothill Ranch Mortgages