Doug Krikorian: Firefighter 'turned a...

Doug Krikorian: Firefighter 'turned a nightmare into a miracle'

There are 17 comments on the Long Beach Press-Telegram story from Jun 28, 2010, titled Doug Krikorian: Firefighter 'turned a nightmare into a miracle'. In it, Long Beach Press-Telegram reports that:

Long Beach Firefighter Brian Mauga saved 4-year-old Grace Garduno from choking as he was driving home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Long Beach Press-Telegram.

anna garduno

Jamaica, NY

#2 Jun 28, 2010
This is exactly the type of story that inspires people to get involved and help others when you can. It is very powerful that a total stranger was able to save the life of this little girl and that he credits his instinct to help to the influence of his teachers ,family and mentors growing up. You can be sure that little Gracie will be taught the same ethics. I am Gracies Aunt and can attest to the fact that this act of saving gracies life will have positive effects for the rest of her life as well as all of us who love her.

Thank you for writing the article, Best Anna Garduno
LBmom3

Long Beach, CA

#3 Jun 28, 2010
God Bless the fireman and all firemen. God put him there at that scene to save that sweet little girls life.I'm so happy there was a happy ending.!!
IRENE-C

Hilo, HI

#4 Jun 28, 2010
god bless you and keep you. you did a blessed and wonderful thing for "grace".you saved her, and thus permitting her family,s chain to remain intact. you are truly dedicated to your profession,thus helping all in need.may god continue to keep you in his care.

psalm 37:33

" the lord orders our stops as well as our steps"
Lady Jae

Chandler, AZ

#6 Jun 29, 2010
This is so inspiring!
brings tears

Brooklyn, NY

#7 Jun 29, 2010
this is a wonderful story... what a nice act.
LB Mom

Long Beach, CA

#8 Jun 29, 2010
This was a truly inspiring story, unlike the depressing events that we read about each day. Kudos to Brian Mauga. You are so an Angel disguised as a fire fighter. May GOD bless you.
Bobbie

San Juan Capistrano, CA

#9 Jun 29, 2010
This story brought tears to my eyes. Even as a parent of a 5 year old, I can't even imagine the sheer terror Grace's mother felt... Brian Mauga was an angel sent by God at that very moment to help! It was no coincidence that he came upon that scene at that moment. God bless Brian and Grace! Thank you also to all those good hearted fire fighters and good samaritans who take the time to help their fellow man.
StayAtHomeMom

Fountain Valley, CA

#10 Jun 29, 2010
Why is it we citizens don't hear more good stories like this one ? I ask in the past to stop the killing stories that we read daily and you will see your news paper sell alot more, or stick bad news way in the back section so try it Press Telegram !!!!!! Thanks to the fireman and God Bless Grace she'll be able to grow up and enjoy life ! Have a wonderfull day, I will !!!!!!!!!!
nbc

Ventura, CA

#11 Jun 29, 2010
Would't it be wonderful to see the local news being all "good" and inspiring news for just one day?
Wow - Brian Mauga is such a hero!
My son is a firefighter also - he delivered a baby earlier this year and he was in awe of the experience. The mother allowed him to take a picture on his cell phone - precious was all I could say.
I am so happy to hear of Brian Mauga stopping and saving this precious little girl. God has a plan for all of us and everything happens for a reason - there's no telling what this little girl might accomplish in her life, all thanks to Brian Mauga. Kudos.
Heberts folly

Torrance, CA

#12 Jun 29, 2010
Good news for once.
KGB263

Long Beach, CA

#13 Jun 29, 2010
Is this a novel or a news story? This is so flowery I couldn't read it. Problem with the media these days, it wants to add all sorts of stuff rather than just sticking to the story and the facts. Horribly written article that loses the flavor of a great rescue where many people could learn what to do in that situation.
Reality Bites

Long Beach, CA

#15 Jun 29, 2010
steve wrote:
WOW! Another overplayed firman story!! The fact is many people do this daily!! If he was a trash man working for the city would this get as much press?? The answer is, NO!! The real story here should be how firemen and there inflated pention system is breaking the back of our state!! Over paid and under worked! But just keep kissing @#$, Doug!
Trash men make $25 dollars an hour, hardly chump change. How much do YOU make? Bet it's no where near that!
LBFD SISTER

La Mirada, CA

#16 Jun 29, 2010
My brother is a LBFD and I can honestly say they are the most humble, gentle, and wonderful men and women. They are truly there to serve the public and they do not seek anything in return. To Brian- what you did was listened to your inner voice and you took action. How many times do we all NOT listen to that inner voice talking to us, guiding us. How many times do we just pass by a situation thinking someone else will stop to help. I commend you and thank you for doing the job you do every single day. I hope that you keep up with Grace as she gets older and take pride in knowing that without you being guided by God's hand, she would not be here. LBFD ROCKS!
toereroti

Santa Ana, CA

#17 Jun 29, 2010
steve wrote:
WOW! Another overplayed firman story!! The fact is many people do this daily!! If he was a trash man working for the city would this get as much press?? The answer is, NO!! The real story here should be how firemen and there inflated pention system is breaking the back of our state!! Over paid and under worked! But just keep kissing @#$, Doug!
so u mean too tell me that if u are laying there pleading for help and your dying u are not going to call the fire dept to come and save your sorry ass give me a break why dont u just put a sock it because u wld be the first one to call for u are such a little bitch
Proud Uso

Mission Viejo, CA

#18 Jun 29, 2010
In world where ecological disasters and economic woes dominate the headlines, I need look only to my younger brother as a reminder that there's still a lot of good in the world. Extremely proud to be your brother and to have two fire fighters in our family. Love you, bro! God bless!
CTS LOVES YOU BRIAN

Redondo Beach, CA

#19 Jun 30, 2010
Brian:
Great Job!!!
Your friends at CTS miss you and are very proud of you!!
Now get back to work!
LBFD SISTER

La Mirada, CA

#20 Jun 30, 2010
toereroti wrote:
<quoted text> so u mean too tell me that if u are laying there pleading for help and your dying u are not going to call the fire dept to come and save your sorry **** give me a break why dont u just put a sock it because u wld be the first one to call for u are such a little ****
You took the words right out of my mouth!!! That mean person would be the first to call the LBFD and wouldn't even have the class to say thank you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foothill Ranch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: ARI Novick PHD (Feb '13) Jun 18 Edward1978 7
William steelw Jun 16 Diamond 1
Review: GreenLink Financial Jun 13 Kristina P 1
News They have gangs in south Orange County? (Dec '07) Jun 11 ajake13 130
News Feds Spend $507,132 Studying The 'Asian Ethnic ... Jun 10 SeanOsorioLee 1
Tamiya racing May 28 Pam 1
Peeping Timmy spotted in Tuscany condos (Nov '15) Nov '15 Shell81 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Foothill Ranch Mortgages