Feds sue Target in 'equal rights' case

Feds sue Target in 'equal rights' case

There are 2 comments on the Daily Breeze story from Aug 24, 2009, titled Feds sue Target in 'equal rights' case. In it, Daily Breeze reports that:

Federal regulators sued Target Stores Inc., alleging the retailer illegally denied a disabled Orange County employee equal rights, authorities announced today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily Breeze.

Native

Diamond Bar, CA

#1 Aug 24, 2009
Target was pressured into hiring him. They likely would have selected a more capable employee given a choice. When he failed to perform his job and was terminated, he is now the subject in a federal case which claims that Target should have known he had special needs. Duh! Is this some social worker's plan to make him financially independent? It's a tough world out there and not everybody has the skills (physical and mental) to compete successfully. Maybe this guy should apply for permanent disability from SSA?
southbayrez

United States

#2 Aug 24, 2009
Target does in fact discriminate. I worked for Target and not too long I had to have knee surgery due to a military related injury. Upon my return to work, I was put on a "time line" that requires you to finish your work/section in so many minutes and then complete the next job. And they can't fire me, because I quit.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foothill Ranch Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the music thread (Apr '12) Dec 11 Musikologist 36
News Suspect Arrested In Connection With Murder Of S... (Jan '16) Nov 23 Christie Taylor 2
News Ad blitz in California brings tax plan fight home Nov '17 SirPrize 14
News 40 pounds of pot seized, 7 workers arrested at ... Nov '17 Richard 1
Need an accounting firm for tax return Nov '17 Richard Pujols 1
News 'Model Minority' Myth Again Used As A Racial We... (Apr '17) Nov '17 Johnny 175
Review: DaoIsTheWay Oct '17 DaoIsTheWay 2

Foothill Ranch Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Foothill Ranch Mortgages