Atheist group to rip Bible pages in H.B....

Sep 15, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Orange County Register

Members of a grassroots atheist group say they will tear out pages of the Bible at the Huntington Beach pier Saturday to point out what they say is immorality in the book many Christians base their faith on.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,872
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
the serpent was right

Fogelsville, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

10

9

6

If they rip out the immoral parts, there won't be much left.
True Christian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

10

10

6

The consequences of sexual immorality or violent immorality are the same today as they were in the time of the Bible writers.

Wouldn't do any good or change those facts, by tearing out accounts of them from God's word the Bible.

All mankind is being warned by God's word today to put on the new Christian personality that Jesus lived, this is the only way to have Almighty God Jehovah's approval as his children today.

When the end of this wicked world finally gets here, you will be among the very few who will survive the coming destruction and live on into God's new world of righteousness, peace and happiness with no more tears ever.

(Revelation 21:5-8) 5 And the One seated on the throne said:“Look! I am making all things new.” Also, he says:“Write, because these words are faithful and true.” 6 And he said to me:“They have come to pass! I am the Al&#8242;pha and the O·me&#8242;ga, the beginning and the end. To anyone thirsting I will give from the fountain of the water of life free. 7 Anyone conquering will inherit these things, and I shall be his God and he will be my son. 8 But as for the cowards and those without faith and those who are disgusting in their filth and murderers and fornicators and those practicing spiritism and idolaters and all the liars, their portion will be in the lake that burns with fire and sulphur. This means the second death.”
Roger Edgar

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

There is no place for spirituality in "progressive" California. One of the cornerstones of "progressive" ideology is worship for Big Brother and not a higher power. Think North Korea, Cuba, Soviet Union. We morphed from being liberal Democratic State to a "progressive" State. There is no seat at the table for religious/spiritual citizens in our State and they should get their families out of here asap. Progressive Ideology must divide citizens into mere fractions of Americans for the movement to thrive and prosper. Reverence for any God only gets in the way of the Utopian Ideology.

The majority will do nothing to protect Christian citizens from being degraded and disrespected. Remember, the majority did nothing in '30's Germany when the Jews became the "enemy" of Big Brother.

Ah, the Tyranny of the Majority! Exciting times ahead for the Mob!
Cujo

Regina, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

7

6

5

Roger Edgar wrote:
There is no place for spirituality in "progressive" California. One of the cornerstones of "progressive" ideology is worship for Big Brother and not a higher power. Think North Korea, Cuba, Soviet Union. We morphed from being liberal Democratic State to a "progressive" State. There is no seat at the table for religious/spiritual citizens in our State and they should get their families out of here asap. Progressive Ideology must divide citizens into mere fractions of Americans for the movement to thrive and prosper. Reverence for any God only gets in the way of the Utopian Ideology.
The majority will do nothing to protect Christian citizens from being degraded and disrespected. Remember, the majority did nothing in '30's Germany when the Jews became the "enemy" of Big Brother.
Ah, the Tyranny of the Majority! Exciting times ahead for the Mob!
What are you talking about? Christianity has a foot hold on the US political system, where it has no business being. There is definitely no seat at the table for atheists.

Luckily, you had smart fore fathers that understood religion has no place in politics, and wrote it into the constitution.
Roger Edgar

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Christianity has a foot hold on the US political system, where it has no business being. There is definitely no seat at the table for atheists.
Luckily, you had smart fore fathers that understood religion has no place in politics, and wrote it into the constitution.
The topic was Atheists Tearing Pages from the Bible in public. What good does that do?

I know the Atheists deserve PREFERENCE not "protection" in California. It's a "progressive" thing. We may be pitiful after abandoning most of the values and standards which once upon a time made our State GREAT but we are really really "progressive".
CSULB Josh

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

10

6

6

If you really want to see some serious Fireworks check your local listings for when and where the Atheists are going to tear some pages out of the Koran. Naw, that ain't going to happen. That would NOT be "politically incorrect".

Since Atheists are just focusing on Christians and their Bible, doesn't that mean the "Atheists" are really just left wing a-holes and anarchists?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

6

5

3

True Christian wrote:
Wouldn't do any good or change those facts, by tearing out accounts of them from God's word the Bible.
Of course it won't do any good-- all Xianists are basically hypocrites.

They >>must<< be, because no single person can follow the whole bible and all it's commands. It is simply impossible to do.

So >>all<< bible-followers have to pick-and-choose what bits they follow, and ignore the remainder.

Making them... hypocrites.

That's the way of Xianity... hypocrisy.

Which is probably why it's on a rapid decline, world-wide.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

4

4

4

CSULB Josh wrote:
If you really want to see some serious Fireworks check your local listings for when and where the Atheists are going to tear some pages out of the Koran. Naw, that ain't going to happen. That would NOT be "politically incorrect".
Since Atheists are just focusing on Christians and their Bible, doesn't that mean the "Atheists" are really just left wing a-holes and anarchists?
But, apparently it's just peachy for a >>christian<< to burn the Koran?

" http://www.alan.com/2011/04/01/after-pledging... ;

Hmmmm.

Do I smell hypocrisy? Yes... yes I do... must be a 'christian'.
CSULB Josh

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
But, apparently it's just peachy for a >>christian<< to burn the Koran?
" http://www.alan.com/2011/04/01/after-pledging... ;
Hmmmm.
Do I smell hypocrisy? Yes... yes I do... must be a 'christian'.
HUH........I think it is ridiculous to burn ANY book.
True Christian

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it won't do any good-- all Xianists are basically hypocrites.
They >>must<< be, because no single person can follow the whole bible and all it's commands. It is simply impossible to do.
So >>all<< bible-followers have to pick-and-choose what bits they follow, and ignore the remainder.
Making them... hypocrites.
That's the way of Xianity... hypocrisy.
Which is probably why it's on a rapid decline, world-wide.
Religion has been corrupted especially by the Christian leaders of Christendom.
That does not make true Christianity obsolete, Jehovah's witnesses have the evidence they need to prove they are true Christians, following the way of the first century Christians.

Following the direction of God's word today is not easy, but it is not impossible with the given help of God's holy spirit, which the world does not have or understand.

(Luke 11:13). . .Therefore, if YOU, although being wicked, know how to give good gifts to YOUR children, how much more so will the Father in heaven give holy spirit to those asking him!”
Amused

Billerica, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Sep 16, 2011
 
CSULB Josh wrote:
If you really want to see some serious Fireworks check your local listings for when and where the Atheists are going to tear some pages out of the Koran. Naw, that ain't going to happen. That would NOT be "politically incorrect".
Since Atheists are just focusing on Christians and their Bible, doesn't that mean the "Atheists" are really just left wing a-holes and anarchists?
Ayn Rand was an atheist. She may have been an a-hole, but she was most definitely neither left-wing nor an anarchists.
redneck

Cave Junction, OR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

CSULB Josh wrote:
If you really want to see some serious Fireworks check your local listings for when and where the Atheists are going to tear some pages out of the Koran. Naw, that ain't going to happen. That would NOT be "politically incorrect".
Since Atheists are just focusing on Christians and their Bible, doesn't that mean the "Atheists" are really just left wing a-holes and anarchists?
Perhaps it is because the xtian right is eroding our government.Abortion rights and gay marriage are important to a large population. Bachmaniacs think laws are for them to have their way. Christ was not an American or did he bother to mention us so screw the undocumented alien.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

CSULB Josh wrote:
<quoted text>
HUH........I think it is ridiculous to burn ANY book.
Well, that would depend on the book, wouldn't it?

And how useful it's information was.

Take the telephone book-- if you took the generic term "telephone book" that book has out-printed all other books in the world, many times over-- for it's re-printed each and every year, in multiple-million copies, all over the US.

Now? There's more than one brand of book, in any given city too.

Making the Telephone Book the most-printed book... ever.

But, after only a year? The information it has is obsolete.

But, according to you? We should stock-pile these books in a warehouse somewhere or other.

Right?

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

True Christian wrote:
<quoted text>
Religion has been corrupted especially by the Christian leaders of Christendom.
Too true.

In fact? This is especially true for the cult-spinoffs of the original Catholic brand, such as Jehovah's Witness--

-- a more corrupt sect I cannot imagine, apart from the Mormons (of course).

What's that? You are JW?

Ooooooohhhh... that's gotta suck.
Roger Edgar

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Too true.
In fact? This is especially true for the cult-spinoffs of the original Catholic brand, such as Jehovah's Witness--
-- a more corrupt sect I cannot imagine, apart from the Mormons (of course).
What's that? You are JW?
Ooooooohhhh... that's gotta suck.
You are right about California. We are exactly the right place for the Anachists/Atheists to shame and disgrace American families. They have done their homework and know the vast majority here are far more pathetic than citizens in any other State. Today's California citizens will freely accept any insult, any dishonor or any disgrace dealt them as all their families deserve. If you need proof look at what the majority elected and sent to the State Legislature?

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Cujo wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you talking about? Christianity has a foot hold on the US political system, where it has no business being. There is definitely no seat at the table for atheists.
Luckily, you had smart fore fathers that understood religion has no place in politics, and wrote it into the constitution.
My favorite quote about the constitution comes from Geo. W. Bush the president whos main job is to up hold the constitution. "Stop talking about the f**cing constitution it's just a piece of paper." Now I find this funny but also see it as what would the founding fatherws think of what has become of the nation.

“Church of Latter Day Heathens”

Since: Feb 09

Austin, Tx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Sep 16, 2011
 

Judged:

1

fathers. man I need to stop posting when I'm drunk.

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Sep 17, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about California. We are exactly the right place for the Anachists/Atheists to shame and disgrace American families.
"Anachists"? What's an "Anachists"?

LOL!

“Quantum Junctn: Use Both Lanes”

Since: Dec 06

Tulsa, Oklahoma USofA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Sep 17, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Roger Edgar wrote:
<quoted text>
You are right about California. We are exactly the right place for the Anachists/Atheists to shame and disgrace American families.
All the atheists (little-A, here -- it's not a movement, silly) did was tell the bald-faced truth about christianity.

And christians? They shamed themselves and disgraced themselves.

Majority, remember?

<laughing>
Roger Edgar

Los Alamitos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Sep 17, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Bob of Quantum-Faith wrote:
<quoted text>
All the atheists (little-A, here -- it's not a movement, silly) did was tell the bald-faced truth about christianity.
And christians? They shamed themselves and disgraced themselves.
Majority, remember?
<laughing>
You said it. The "majority" in today's Calif. have different Gods.......store bought breasts, capped teeth, and shiny cars. Most think it is because our kids don't mean as much to us as children mean to American parents in the other States. We embrace the Atheists, the Anachists, and the millions of Illegals who are colonizing our State.
The majority in what remains of our State aren't any dumber than citizens/voters/parents in other States they are just crueler and more pathetic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of1,872
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Foothill Ranch News Video

•••
Foothill Ranch Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Foothill Ranch Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Foothill Ranch People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Foothill Ranch News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Foothill Ranch
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••