Girl, 18, shot, killed after birrthday celebration in Fontana

There are 148 comments on the San Bernardino County Sun story from Jul 10, 2010, titled Girl, 18, shot, killed after birrthday celebration in Fontana. In it, San Bernardino County Sun reports that:

An 18-year-old woman was killed early Saturday morning after gunfire erupted following a child's birthday celebration.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at San Bernardino County Sun.

First Prev
of 8
Next Last
yuran8r

Redlands, CA

#1 Jul 10, 2010
Some people just have a pinata and beat the crap out of it at a party but these people do it differently by having a gunfight.
WhatThe___

Rancho Cucamonga, CA

#2 Jul 10, 2010
What a bunch of loser idiots, why would you even bring guns to a birthday party? Stupid...
NTLB

Running Springs, CA

#3 Jul 10, 2010
A child's birthday party? And people are hanging around with guns at 12:30 in the morning? What the?
Chocoholics

Fresno, CA

#4 Jul 10, 2010
It's the third generation gang mentallity.
Yikers

Loma Linda, CA

#5 Jul 10, 2010
Sad that there is such LITTLE regard for human life!
my2cents

Murrieta, CA

#6 Jul 10, 2010
I guess Fontana has not quite shed its long-held reputation as "felony flats." Although San Bernardino is coming on fast. What a waste of a human life by those who are worthless non-contributors to society.
Simply Luz

Moreno Valley, CA

#7 Jul 10, 2010
I am so sad and personally touched by these events. She was known to my family and we are deeply hurt.(I am not disclosing her name until her family decides to do so). Please, FONTANA and everyone out there, let's just start thinking about our children growing up. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!! Let's just rally so this is the last death in every community and pray for her family and soul.
Nhi Hoang

Lancaster, CA

#8 Jul 10, 2010
I am a personal friend of this yound woman. She was a great person. It was very unfortunate that this has happened. I pray for her and her loved ones.
daniel

San Diego, CA

#9 Jul 10, 2010
that was my girl.. I loved her she was a great person and this is just so sad :( you will be missed so much Im still in disbelief
Mike

Moreno Valley, CA

#10 Jul 10, 2010
sad that a life was taken and sad that gangsta rap has to be in the neighborhood disturbing all the nieghbors and then bullets flying everywhere with families in kids in houses nearby. I heard they were blasting that trash rap crap all night, that stuff breeds nothing ut human trash, nothing but a ghetto party
MADDD

United States

#11 Jul 10, 2010
My grandson had just arrived at this party hosted by his cousin. As he stood by the front door her over heard the host said to a group of guy "you can't come in". He then notice the 18 year old girl come outside. He admired her and thought he would talk to her later. Just as he turned to talk to his brother he heard the sounds of firecrackers. He then notice everyone starting to run. He and his brother got shot. The pretty 18 year old was shot in the head. Not knowing the extent of her injuries people pulled her into the house to keep her from futher harm. She died. My family was blessed my grandson and his brother will be ok. But this tragedy will forever change the lives of her family and friends. WHY!!! Just because some lowlife hoodlums could not get into a party, they decide to kill someone, and as tragic as it was it could have been so much worse. These fools fired several bullets into the crowd and into the house. I hope they catch them and they get everything that they deserve. She is at rest now, away from all harm and I pray for the family and hope they find the strenght to survive this totally unnecessary lost of life. Please pray for them.
Confused

Moreno Valley, CA

#12 Jul 10, 2010
Simply Luz wrote:
I am so sad and personally touched by these events. She was known to my family and we are deeply hurt.(I am not disclosing her name until her family decides to do so). Please, FONTANA and everyone out there, let's just start thinking about our children growing up. ENOUGH is ENOUGH!!! Let's just rally so this is the last death in every community and pray for her family and soul.
Sorry for her deathe...But parents like you dont raise these kids right to use good judgement and stay away from gangbangers with guns at birthday parties I dont have too much sympathy she knew what she was doing and who would be there...had she been taught right she would not be in that situation..So no rallying needed JUST PARENT YOUR FREAKIN KIDS and stop letting thenm run wild
Confused

Moreno Valley, CA

#13 Jul 10, 2010
Sorry for her death...But parents dont raise these kids right to use good judgement and stay away from gangbangers with guns at birthday parties I dont have too much sympathy she knew what she was doing and who would be there...had she been taught right she would not be in that situation..So no rallying needed JUST PARENT YOUR FREAKIN KIDS and stop letting thenm run wild
Mike

Moreno Valley, CA

#14 Jul 10, 2010
Confused wrote:
<quoted text> Sorry for her deathe...But parents like you dont raise these kids right to use good judgement and stay away from gangbangers with guns at birthday parties I dont have too much sympathy she knew what she was doing and who would be there...had she been taught right she would not be in that situation..So no rallying needed JUST PARENT YOUR FREAKIN KIDS and stop letting thenm run wild
very well said! and a child's birthday party at 3am with gangster rap music blasting the neighborhood, I hope whomever owns that house is evicted. Don't turn my neighborhood into a ghetto war zone because you don't know how to be a frickin responsible parent
DUMB ISH

United States

#16 Jul 10, 2010
@mike UHHHHHHHHH DON'T BLAME MUSIC OR GANGBANGIN ON DUMB SHIT AMERIKKKA IS AT WAR DAILY AND MANY OF OUR YOUTH GET SHOT BY THE POLICE TOO......ALSO FONTANA AIN'T NO HOOD BUT ITS FAR FRUM BEVERLY HILLS.....
Delayne

Guasti, CA

#17 Jul 10, 2010
I was there cant believe it happened so fast it didn't take much for me to shed a tear. She wasn't even known to me @ all but I wish I did get to know her she will be missed. LORD I KNOW U WILL TAKE CARE OF HER WATCH OVER ALL YOUR CHILDREN FOR THERE IS STILL SOME DUTIES WE HAVE TO FULFILL IN YOUR NAME R.i.P CHELz
Wait a minute

Altadena, CA

#18 Jul 11, 2010
I can not believe some people want to judge a person for being at the wrong place at the wrong time. It was another senseless act of violence. I truly hope that if you are already blessed with children or will be in the future that you will never have to regret the extremely judgemental comments you made. God bless her family and especially bless those that obviously don't have a clue.
MADDD

United States

#19 Jul 11, 2010
Mike wrote:
<quoted text>
very well said! and a child's birthday party at 3am with gangster rap music blasting the neighborhood, I hope whomever owns that house is evicted. Don't turn my neighborhood into a ghetto war zone because you don't know how to be a frickin responsible parent
ITS VERY SAD THAT THIS PERSON,(THIS WAS SOMEONES CHILD) LOST HER LIFE AND ALL YOU PEOPLE CARE ABOUT IS GANGSTER RAP OR YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD. THESE GANGBANGER WERE TURNED AWAY FROM AN 18 YEAR OLD'S PARTY AND THAT WHY THE GUNFIRE STARTED. BUT WHO CARE WHY, SHE IS GONE. MAYBE NOTHING LIKE THIS WILL EVER HAPPEN TO YOU OR SOMEONE YOU MIGHT CARE ABOUT BUT IN THE EVENT THAT IT DOES I HOPE SOMEONE WILL SHOW SOME COMPASSION AND SYMPATHY FOR THE LOST OF THAT LIFE. CAN YOU SAY THAT ONLY TEENAGERS WITH OUT RESPONSIBLE PARENTS STAY OUT UNTIL 3:00 AM. THIS WAS A VERY TRAGIC DEATH, AND IT SHOULD BE TREATED THAT WAY.
Pomexico

Yorba Linda, CA

#20 Jul 11, 2010
Confused wrote:
Sorry for her death...But parents dont raise these kids right to use good judgement and stay away from gangbangers with guns at birthday parties I dont have too much sympathy she knew what she was doing and who would be there...had she been taught right she would not be in that situation..So no rallying needed JUST PARENT YOUR FREAKIN KIDS and stop letting thenm run wild
It's simply the culture. They breed and have babies upon babies until they can't even keep track of how many kids they have. Then, those babies have babies. It's a never ending cycle of ignorance. Not hard to figure out.
sad people

Highland, CA

#21 Jul 11, 2010
mexican culture breeds ignorance and racism. they are just a cancer to society.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fontana Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 10 hr tom wingo 29,765
Report Rogue Government Officials May 22 Neighbor 1
News In fight against gangs, Ontario has outpaced Po... (Jun '09) May 22 vfffgupl 69
News Pit Bull Sterilization Ordinance: County Superv... (Oct '13) May 20 marg 7
News Woman in birth tourism case arrested May 19 DalTex 2
Lesbian snapchat users? (Oct '14) May 19 spiffyy14 97
Maintenance vs Resident Fight in Rancho Cucamon... May 18 BackstageGabe 1
More from around the web

Fontana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]