Loss of popular San Gorgonio HS teacher mourned

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

Students and colleagues mourned the loss of a popular San Gorgonio High School physical education teacher who was killed in a motorcycle crash Thursday.
Comments
41 - 49 of 49 Comments Last updated Jul 10, 2013
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
1 of ur p6 students

Trenton, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2010

It is very devastating how such a young educated man such as david davenport life was ripped 4rm his hands. My condolence goes 2 his family. May he RIP in the heavens above free as a bird and watch down on us as we succeed in our goals just as he would have wanted us 2.

R I P David M. Davenport:)
Tina

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2010

Keep up David's Memory for his Family. Any of you students out there, staff and all others who David touched in some way can keep his Legacy alive by letting his family know some of the great things he did for you. Go to youtube and look up Nichole Nordeman and her Song "Legacy" this was played at his memorial and I think it speaks a lot about what he wanted to leave. His goal was always to make you feel better about yourself. LOVE, PEACE and CHICKEN GREASE is David's Sign off.
SGHS CHEER

Antioch, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 20, 2010

itss been a month dp i still cant believe ot we miss you so much dp watch us
we rep for you love you ((:
Javar Alexander

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 21, 2010

Its been a month, and I still can't believe he's gone, it saddened me to hear about this tragic accident.. Mr. Davenport was like my big bro. He was such a cool guy... He was able to relate to you in many different levels. MR. Davenport R.I.P we love you and miss you! But we know ur looking down on all of us... My symphony goes out to ur family and friends.... I just can't believe this...
- Javar Alexander-
My love one is a rider

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

H Daley wrote:
Too bad. Too many young men are driving these motorcycles without regard to their lives or the lives of others. Seems like almost every day we read about these deaths, both on and off the highway.
this is such a cold hearted statement. For those of you who have such a stereotype about motorcycle riders... Motor cycles don't kill people it's those in vehicles who do not care or share the road. My boyfriend and many friends ride and hear about horror stories about how a car just cuts them off or try to run off the road. Motor cycle rider or driver they are still people. All I say is be careful of the all that travel on the roads.

I personally know D. Davenport and my heart dropped when I heard of this! My condolences to his family.. It is hard to believe his life was take away so soon. RIP Mr Davenport.
My love one is a rider

Redlands, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2010

California Sun wrote:
my2cents,
That's a very insensitive comment. The poor man is dead, and all you can do is be self-righteous and preach. Sure, he drove too fast. Gee, I wonder how many people have done that at one time or another?
I totally agree with you... It made me mad reading their post.
fuentes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 22, 2010

when i got the news i didn't want 2 belive it.He was my pe teacher 4 6th grade im in 8th now he always had somthing up his sleve to make us laugh,he was my favorite pe teacher.Just the look on his face i knew he liked to ride the open road.I know how it feels 4 someone so young can leave you in a blink so i would like 2 send my sympathy to his family & loved ones R.I.P MR.DAVENPORT
Amanda kanadyp

Rialto, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 25, 2010

Davenport was my cheer coach and we all love and miss him he was an amazing man and ihope heis proud of us. It was hard to keep goig but he gave me the strength. He made me believe in myself ily and imy<333
Friend

Noblesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2013

Most of the comments here are from people who are deeply saddened by the loss of this man. And as his friend, I thank you. But there are a few--and you know who you are--who have decided to whip out your own personal gavel and pass blame on deceased, or complain about how people drive (especially motorcyclists). This is not the proper venue for that. It is not only cowardly, but also completely disrespectful to family and friends. Those of you who decide to post things like that should be absolutely ashamed of your insensitivity and cold-heartedness.

We still miss you, Dave.....see you soon.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fontana Discussions

Search the Fontana Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
UCLA FOOTBALL NOTEBOOK: Neuheisel says Prince w... (Sep '10) 22 min Bruin Nation 26,666
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) 40 min Abrahem 7,841
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 46 min Otay 200,331
Superior Court judge, Office No. 11 (Apr '10) 14 hr Helpformoms 8
Colton police chief quits acting city manager role 15 hr Who is laughing now 1
Man found dead in Fontana standoff identified (Jun '10) 16 hr youidiotstookallthenames 10
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 18 hr Mis kites 15,915
•••
•••

Fontana News Video

•••
Fontana Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Fontana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••