Loss of popular San Gorgonio HS teacher mourned

Full story: Inland Valley Daily Bulletin

Students and colleagues mourned the loss of a popular San Gorgonio High School physical education teacher who was killed in a motorcycle crash Thursday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Mz TT

Santa Ana, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

I am not only a female motorcycle rider but I am a Mother of a San Gorgonio student. This is a tragedy that a life so young has been taken right before our eyes.
My daughter was one of many students that went to the Beach yesterday sponsored by the school and upon her return she learned that David Davenport had lost his life. Although my daughter is 16 years old as I look into her eyes and see the sadness and almost a look of question, what is it that you say as a parent at that moment.
May David R.I.P and my heart felt condolences go out to Davids, family, loved ones, friends, students and co-workers that they may find a blessing in the midst of this tragedy.
My daughter forwarded me a picture of David this morning to my phone and as I looked at this young man, my heart dropped into my lap once again because it's just a reminder that you can be amongst friends and loved ones, smiling and full of life one minute and the next second you can be gone.
Life is so short and we never know when our time will come so, cherish ever moment and treat others with dignity and respect as you would want to be treated.
David has left behind some wonderful memories for the students and co-workers and may his memory live on forever as David is gone but will never be forgotten.
Mz. T.T.- Mother of a San G student that lays at home mourning the loss of a wonderful teacher.
Katee C

Yucaipa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

My deepest condolences to his family and friends, as well as the community at San Gorgonio HS.

Sad that this happened at all, but so much more so that it occurred so close to the end of the school year.

FAR too often, I see motorcycle TC's online. PLEASE, slow down and live.
Lisa Babers

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

It deeply saddenes me that such a nice man was taken. 28 is too young for anyone to pass away. PE at San G will not be the same, nor will the students and staff who were fortunate enough to know such a nice guy. My prayers are with his family and friends, and I hope San Gorgonio High decides to have a memorial service, as it is the right thing to do in my opinion. RIP Dave Davenport
Anon

Colton, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

This is an unfortunate accident, but was avoidable. I hope that his students can learn from his mistake and learn to drive safely and slowly. There's no reason to rush places when there's a possibility you may never make it there.
Anonymous

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

The tragedy is that he was most likely on his way to work. San Bernardino City Schools has lost another great teacher....not due to retirement or seeking to work elsewhere, but due to this tragic accident. I often see motorcycle riders whizz past me and pray that they do not get hurt.
EDCBJ123

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

We wanna say that we all knew David and he will be miss! We hope that his family is okay and we will all pray that they get by. David Davenport Is walking on clouds & Touching stars, he will forever be missed..We Miss You Mr. Davenport<33
SGHS STAFF

Moreno Valley, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

WE LOVE YOU DAVENPORT and WE MISS YOU
meh

Riverside, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

wkenddad wrote:
I saw the front of the school filled with busses last night and they just returned this morning.
Doesn't look like it ruined anyones Gradnight.
You are a D-Bag. But, you already know that.
H Daley

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

Too bad. Too many young men are driving these motorcycles without regard to their lives or the lives of others. Seems like almost every day we read about these deaths, both on and off the highway.
A Friend

Ypsilanti, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

It is with deep saddness that certain comments remain posted on a site when a death has occurred. The Sun should remove such comments of out respect to David and his family. These people did not know him, nor the kind of person he was. It is a shame they feel the need to post such nonsense.

Since: Feb 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

Anon wrote:
This is an unfortunate accident, but was avoidable. I hope that his students can learn from his mistake and learn to drive safely and slowly. There's no reason to rush places when there's a possibility you may never make it there.
Agreed! There is a huge problem with people passing in Reche Canyon! Most of the deaths and accidents in Reche Canyon are caused by passing. There is NO PASSING in Reche Canyon! A lot of people have just learned what we deal with every day in Reche Canyon.
SGHS student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

Today was a really depressing for most of us at San Gorgonio HS. We wore blue in honor for Coach Davenport, and I really hope the school staff has decided to do something in his honor. He was a really good teacher with a great personality. I miss you, we miss you Davenport. We'll miss seeing your smile and most importantly... you, around our campus. R.I.P. <3
hello

San Fernando, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

R.I.P Mr. David Davenport ..we'll miss you so much
Student

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

He passed away with the hearts of many teachers and students.Daveport is with god.R.I.P.
Student

San Bernardino, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

Mr.Davenport was a P.E. teacher at Del Vallejo last year as well. I never knew him personally but I seen students talk to him and it seemed as if he was on of their favorite teachers. My friend told me about the death but not who it was and as soon as I found out it was devastating. Life was taken too soon and now all we have left is to move on knowing to learn from it and still keep him in our hearts. He will always be remembered. Rest in Paradise Mr. Davenport!
Just2Sad

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

I just had to tell my niece about this...and she was very sad! He gave her so much confidence when she was in cheer at Del Vallejo and when she was trying out for cheer at San G. I am very sorry to hear of the loss of such a young and inspirational man!
Marlen Cruz SGHS Junior

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

Davenport was loved and still will be! When i found out about his death.My heart sank...Eventhough i didn't have him as a teacher, i met him! He was and is a great person...He always made me laugh while in PE.RIP Davenport he is walking on clouds, reaching out for god's hand...he will start his new life in heaven.....may his family get through this sad and unforgettable tragedy
Anonymous

Los Angeles, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

thats true he was a good teacher we all loved him he got along with every single one of us and even gave us nick names mine was (jack jack) i been knowing davenport since 7 grade in del valeejo middle school he was my teacher in 7 grade and in nineth but it hard to realize he is gone forver he will be misseed but never forgotten i had him 6 period pe and now evry thing is goinn to bee different in so many wayss
RIP david davenport (my blue eyes):[
my2cents

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 21, 2010

Judged:

It's too bad that Mr. Davenport has robbed students, colleagues and friends of his talent as an eductor by his own reckless driving on a motorcycle. I see examples of this kind of reckless driving by motorcycle riders every time I get on the freeway, zipping in between cars at 80 mph. I find it ironic that Caltrans puts up electronic messages on its traffic advisory boards telling the motoring public to share the road with motorcyclists. The motorcyclists need to learn to drive the speed limit and not drive like maniacs and share the road in as safe as manner as they expect car and truck drivers to do. The life they save may be their own as this tragedy amply demosntrates.
SAN GORNIO HIGH SCHOOL

Rimforest, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2010

Judged:

rest in peace david davenport
God be withh you

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of49
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••

Fontana News Video

•••
•••

Fontana Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Fontana People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE