Smoking laws going too far

Smoking laws going too far

There are 5 comments on the Gloversville Leader-Herald story from Feb 16, 2010, titled Smoking laws going too far. In it, Gloversville Leader-Herald reports that:

Smoking is bad for your health. In fact, it can cause illnesses that kill. There is no logical reason for people to smoke.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gloversville Leader-Herald.

qwerty

Binghamton, NY

#1 Feb 20, 2010
i say let em smoke, anyone can quit but it takes a real man to die of cancer
ImStillStanding

Rochester, NY

#2 Feb 20, 2010
I'm 39 years old.
I smoked a pack a day for 25 years.
Last month I had a heart attack, and then I had to have a quadruple bypass.
Open-Heart Surgery is no joke.
I can't believe I'm still alive today to write this.
Nicotine patches would have been so much cheaper and easier to use, then having open heart surgery.
Laverne

Columbus, OH

#3 Feb 20, 2010
People who smoke always seem so hard to me. In looks and actions. They also smell like the a dead rhinoceros!!!! I literally can not breathe whenever a smoker is around.
Vito Murphy

Saratoga Springs, NY

#4 Feb 21, 2010
I'm in my 50's and am the only on in my immediate family (parents and 3 siblings) who never smoked. My father died young of cancer which I believe (but cannot prove) was cause by his 45+ years of smoking.

My mother quit 40 years ago, and she is now 79 years old.

I think it should be illegal to smoke anywhere in public. Second-hand smoke is dangerous to people around you.

If smokers insist on poisoning themselves, let them do so ONLY in their own homes.

I have no sympathy for people who smoke and then get sick.
Ralphy

Albany, NY

#5 Feb 22, 2010
Cudos to Mayor Kim and the Village Board for doing the right thing by the kids. Now if only the damn state of NY would make a law that makes it illegal for kids 16-18 to possess tobacco. We would be in business.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fonda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
She sou,ds like brandy sanders 8 hr Bob 1
News Area schools face low tax limits 15 hr Local 3
Jeremy vangurp is gay! (Oct '10) Fri Michelle 35
News Fort Plain Man Charged With Welfare Fraud Feb 5 Citizen 1
Palatine Highway Employees start a Union Feb 4 Jimmy 8
News 4 accused of Edinburg home invasion, theft of safe Feb 2 sdd1420 1
The chase girls from fort plain (Sep '10) Feb 2 bar tender 182
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fonda Mortgages