Jane Fonda Uses Vulgar Slang on `Today'

Jane Fonda Uses Vulgar Slang on `Today'

There are 345 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 14, 2008, titled Jane Fonda Uses Vulgar Slang on `Today'. In it, Newsday reports that:

NBC News is apologizing again -- this time for Jane Fonda . The 70-year-old actress used a vulgar slang term on the "Today" show Thursday while talking about the play "The Vagina Monologues." Fonda is appearing ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 18
Next Last
Jay Jay

United States

#1 Feb 14, 2008
Ahhh...the irony...a C-word using the C-word.

I think the sensitivity levels in this country have gone way too high. I think we'll all recover and be just fine from Jane's odd choice of words.

I mean...Billy Ray Cyrus issuing a public apology and then going on a public awareness campaign for seatbelts? How sissified is this country going to get. Do we need to be apologized to because him and his daughter weren't wearing seatbelts in some video??

The Rutgers girls...."scarred for life" over some remarks a washed up radio host made.

What is going on in this country. We used to be tough.
Hmmm

Washington, DC

#2 Feb 14, 2008
Where's all the outrage? Oh, wait. The C-word isn't racially afflicted.
Scott

New York, NY

#4 Feb 14, 2008
She must have been talking about the Islander fans. No biggie.
zeke

Waccabuc, NY

#5 Feb 14, 2008
Do I give a $#!& ?

No I don't.

By the way, you really need to get over the whole Hanoi Jane thing. She was an idiot kid and it was a long time ago.
marilyn

United States

#6 Feb 14, 2008
Aren't there at least 1,000,000 things that are more important than this?
Kenny

Lindenhurst, NY

#7 Feb 14, 2008
Jay Jay wrote:
Ahhh...the irony...a C-word using the C-word.
I think the sensitivity levels in this country have gone way too high. I think we'll all recover and be just fine from Jane's odd choice of words.
I mean...Billy Ray Cyrus issuing a public apology and then going on a public awareness campaign for seatbelts? How sissified is this country going to get. Do we need to be apologized to because him and his daughter weren't wearing seatbelts in some video??
The Rutgers girls...."scarred for life" over some remarks a washed up radio host made.
What is going on in this country. We used to be tough.
Oh and I thought it was the "P" word she used...now that would have been REALLY bad!!!!Paleezzzze
Laz

Flushing, NY

#9 Feb 14, 2008
Um...who really cares?
Valentina

Dover, NJ

#11 Feb 14, 2008
zeke wrote:
Do I give a $#!& ?
No I don't.
By the way, you really need to get over the whole Hanoi Jane thing. She was an idiot kid and it was a long time ago.
I agree with you, Zeke. And I must add - Jane looks marvelous.
jim

Waxhaw, NC

#12 Feb 14, 2008
Feed her to Al-Queda
WOODY

Scottsdale, AZ

#13 Feb 14, 2008
Hanoi Jane doesn't deserve the time of day. She must have been referring to herself.
Squeeze Box

Brooklyn, NY

#15 Feb 14, 2008
Who the heck cares...don't listen. It's no worse then these wacky commercials for personal lubricants on Valentine's Day and commercials on WCBS-TV for Yoga and Great Sex.
WTF

Farmington, CT

#16 Feb 14, 2008
Matthew's and Shuster's suspensions just furthers this countries standing as the world's largest contradiction. The hypocrisy of our "customs" is laughable and embarrassing.
DFZanuck

Marquette, MI

#17 Feb 14, 2008
i had no idea the %^&* was still alive
FRANK

Rock Springs, WY

#19 Feb 14, 2008
GET A LIFE EVERY BODY. THIS COUNTRY IS WOUND WAY TO TIGHT.
WILE E COYOTE

Mesquite, NV

#20 Feb 14, 2008
TODAY IAM SUPPRISED THAT ANYONE IS SUPPRIED WHAT PEOPLE SAY. MANY PEOPLE TODAY CAN'T TALK WITHOUT THE
USE OF WEBSTER FOUR LETTER DICTIONARY. SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL ?
THE THING THAT BOTHERS ME THE MOST IS THE F.C.C. FOR THEM LETTING THIS
TRASH ON THE AIR WAVES. i CAN REMBER WHEN Mr.JACK PARR SAID THE WORLD "HELL" AND THE HAD HIM OFF THE AIR ! I BELIEVE THEY WERE WRIGHT THEN
AND SHOULD CONTINUE THAT TYPE OF PROGRAM. HOW BE WE EXPECT OUR CHILDERN TO BEHAVE WHEN WE SHOW THEM
IT OK ON TELEVISION ? MS. JANE F. I
FEEL YOU SHOULD GET A FINE FROM THE
F.C.C. FOR YOUR CONDUCT !
opie taylor

Bridgeport, CT

#21 Feb 14, 2008
why isnt nbc being fined and lauer and viera being suspended. there was plenty of laughter when she said it. how come they arent being taken off the air?
Irving

Boca Raton, FL

#23 Feb 14, 2008
It really is shameful that so much vulgarity, bad language and immodesty has become common place on the radio, TV and in the press.
TRUTH

Auburn Hills, MI

#24 Feb 14, 2008
I remember back in the sixties when a drunk Ranger Andy thought the cameras had stopped rolling and he refered to all the little kiddies as "S.O.B's". All the Moms were shocked and outraged, and now some 40 years later people are still shocked by a little t.v. profanity. It just shows what a crass S.O.B Jane Fonda still is even at her advanced age.
Speaking of delusions

Milledgeville, GA

#26 Feb 14, 2008
"Jane Fonda" IS vulgar slang.

Funny, she claims to be a "christian" these days.

The left always re-makes truth into something they can be comfortable with...which is, basically, depravity.
Vet

Severn, MD

#28 Feb 14, 2008
Valentina wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree with you, Zeke. And I must add - Jane looks marvelous.
You liberal woosies, raised under an attitude of understanding and becoming the full entilement generation love the queen rag, but for us who were on the line when she was knobbing the NVA will not, nor should forget.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 18
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fonda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sally Landrio 17 hr Christy 4
Jason Pool Fri Lauren mayfield 3
News Area schools face low tax limits Feb 11 You are right 11
News 4 accused of Edinburg home invasion, theft of safe Feb 10 Sassyjoe 2
When is Planet Fitness Opening Feb 10 Mr Fitness 1
Women seeking men: (Jul '11) Feb 10 middle east master 10
News Fort Plain Man Charged With Welfare Fraud Feb 9 Citizen is the 1 ... 2
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fonda Mortgages