Fort Plain Antiques
Chris

Richfield Springs, NY

#1 Feb 14, 2010
This is a photo of the old shop we have since moved to 55 Willett st just down the street from Agway
Thank God

Troy, NY

#2 Feb 14, 2010
Nothing But Junk,thank god we got rid of one Junk dealer off from Main street,Now If we can get rick rodgers to move the rest of his shit off from main street the street will start to look better.It is a shame that we need 3 Antique dealers in one area.Why don't you all combine into one and help clean up the Villiage.Just a thought!!
Fort Plainer

Albany, NY

#4 Feb 15, 2010
Well at least you are still in the village. I always enjoyed your store. You have many interesting items in there and I will be shopping there again.
drifter69

Albany, NY

#5 Feb 17, 2010
hey who cares what kind of shops are in town antiques will bring people all though seasonal but the gas stations benefit some and the places to eat get some if they eat when here. yes it would be nice to have a shoe store and a store that sells new cloths. for all the ones crying about why don't you take a leap of faith and open the kind of store you think this area needs and if you do good lets see who talks you down
i would rather antique shops and 2nd hand stores. even a tattoo shop for it is a filled store front. and looks good to some driving through looking at the area. because they are not empty
sandra

North Adams, MA

#6 Feb 17, 2010
Chris is a very nice man and I have always enjoyed his store. I think ole' Greenbush is having a revival!!
iseeu

Albany, NY

#7 Feb 28, 2010
Thank God wrote:
Nothing But Junk,thank god we got rid of one Junk dealer off from Main street,Now If we can get rick rodgers to move the rest of his shit off from main street the street will start to look better.It is a shame that we need 3 Antique dealers in one area.Why don't you all combine into one and help clean up the Villiage.Just a thought!!
your so funny you dont work as hard as the one you just put down in a year as this man dose in a day i know him well he is both a good man and friend and i have done business. and he is very honest. are you one of the ones who only want your vision of this town in effect. are you ready not sleeping at night because a cookie package might be under the snow in the park.
praisesantan

Albany, NY

#8 Feb 28, 2010
hey thank god the village is all mine lol i am opening a black mass church so you can have some thing other than antiques
Shiznit

Burlington, VT

#9 Aug 8, 2010
LOL your showing your age when you refer to the west end of Willet street as Greenbush.

Thats not a bad thing I knew it as that also.
Maggie

Saint Johnsville, NY

#10 Aug 8, 2010
I go by the store almost everyday and admire the little log buildings. I am a Civil War buff and look forward to stopping in to see what you have for that period. Unfortunately,I can never catch you open. My hours stink.lol
steve

Crestwood, KY

#11 Jun 19, 2011
I don't get home much to Fort Plain, and the antique stores seem to be closed most of the time. but sorry I guess I would agree, lets keep the stuff in the stores and now on the side walks, it just doesn't do the store justice, and I really like antique stores. so lets keep the stuff in the stores.
Oldtimer

Flushing, NY

#12 Jun 19, 2011
steve wrote:
I don't get home much to Fort Plain, and the antique stores seem to be closed most of the time. but sorry I guess I would agree, lets keep the stuff in the stores and now on the side walks, it just doesn't do the store justice, and I really like antique stores. so lets keep the stuff in the stores.
I remember when Ben franklin & the ladies store displayed their wares on main & canal st. All the early street fairs of ft. Plain show every business displaying their wares. I say let them be. Any business is good for old fort plain. Pretty soon nothing will be left if you continue to knock down every single business that I'd trying to do something.
Boston Rambler

Albany, NY

#13 Jun 19, 2011
Oldtimer wrote:
<quoted text>
I remember when Ben franklin & the ladies store displayed their wares on main & canal st. All the early street fairs of ft. Plain show every business displaying their wares. I say let them be. Any business is good for old fort plain. Pretty soon nothing will be left if you continue to knock down every single business that I'd trying to do something.
How about the wonderful Old Fashioned Days celebration. Who can forget the GREAT Rex Pryor and the FTP high school band??? OUTSTANDING!
rick R

Schenectady, NY

#14 Jun 19, 2011
steve wrote:
I have photographs of that building from 1890 and the hardware store had merchandise stacked up outside from one end of te building to the other.farm implements ,rakes,bicycles ect.I'm sure someone gave them a hard time 120 years ago.there is and never will be shortage of people that have A problem with things that just do not effect the at all.
itwasntme

Oneida, NY

#15 Jan 9, 2012
Personally, I love to see all the old interesting things that these shops have to offer; this area has seen so many businesses go away and the economy has suffered as a result. These small shops bring in people from all over, which helps the local economy. I say if a person wants to have a business such as an antique dealership or whatever else, let them, and God bless them while they're at it.
I love all these small towns and the old architecture in them; its great to see the efforts of the local people who do their best to keep these places alive and well.
And to the person who complained about having antique stores/junk in town, do you have any good suggestions for bringing in business to this economically depressed area? Its easy to point a finger and find fault, but what are you doing to help?
Chris, I love your place, and I will continue to support it.
Norm

Gloversville, NY

#16 Jan 9, 2012
Great post itwasntme!

.......... I too do greatly enjoy visiting with, talking and shopping in any of the locally owned and operated small independant business' there in the grand olde Mohawk valley region and village of Fort Plain.... Chris, We (my wife & I) will certainly try and remember to visit your antiques shop the next time we visit that area of the middle Mohawk valley region.... We are always on the lookout for olde blue glass; water glasses and dishes to go along with our kitchen layout.... One never knows what hidden treasure one might find in any old country antique shop.... It's takes real old fashioned American nerve, hard work, sweat and backbone to run a small independant business today and try an make a go of it.... I applaud you!!!

Norm
Anne Ward

Queensbury, NY

#17 Feb 1, 2013
Looking for anyone by the last name Ward, living in Fort Plain, NY. Father might have been William J. Ward.
Love Antique stores, you never know what you might find.
annebill79@hotmail.com
Biggie Pimpin

Danielson, CT

#18 Feb 1, 2013
Back in the canal days Fort Plain was well known for its brothels filled with French and Jewish prostitutes. Now it's just junk stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fonda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Audit hits Minden over tax allocation 12 hr Makes me sick 13
Yager steals money from Ft.Plain Canjo ELKS Mon IRS 15
Fort Plain FPCS School's Rating Jul 24 Ron H 17
canal street trash Jul 23 Fritz 4
News Man jailed after second arrest Jul 22 Punisher 2
News Top school incomes above medians (Apr '14) Jul 21 Bye 47
Sex Offenders Jul 19 Info sharer 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fonda Mortgages