Priest charged with abusing childre.....

Priest charged with abusing childre.....

There are 46 comments on the Gloversville Leader-Herald story from Feb 28, 2008, titled Priest charged with abusing childre...... In it, Gloversville Leader-Herald reports that:

A Catholic priest has been charged with sexually abusing at least four children from a Montgomery County family that considered him its "spiritual adviser," state police announced Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Gloversville Leader-Herald.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last

United States

#44 May 6, 2008
Hector wrote:
<quoted text>
Rank has it's privileges, whereas a regular joe would be found guilty and put in prison for years. In the 1800's the British sent poor Irish that were charged with minor crimes to Van Diemens Land penal colony. You can rest assured that no one of status was included in this group of men, even those who unmistakably were guilty.
The Vatican houses many liars with Washington connections.
Excellent post!

Decatur, IL

#45 May 9, 2008
that stuff is sick no one deserves to be raped little or grownup
victim_of_Bishop Moynihan

Rochester, NY

#46 May 19, 2008
i read a study of school teachers molesting children. the study included off remarks that might be of sexual order. seems like the study was paid for by catholic church. however, no organization has nearly the percentages of pedophiles as the catholic church.

in the syr. ny diocese, for example, 17 priests have been identified. none of my abusers are on that list. how many others? violent abusers i might add.

also, teachers do not work in groups raping and protecting each other. yes there are odd cases, but we catch them and always have. what would a school teacher lose by reporting? nothing, in fact they gain the respect of the parents. the church on the other hand has every reason to hide reality,too much to lose. almost never were priests ever blown in by another priest or bishop.

face the facts, child rapists are well above any other group in the roman catholic church.

Cobleskill, NY

#47 May 24, 2008
i'm reading the last blog on this sight is monday may 19. has anyone seen or read wnyt news channel 13 yesterday may 23? quite the coverage or should i say not much coverage in the gary mercure update. check it out. it shows how really disgusting this whole situation is.

Saranac Lake, NY

#48 May 25, 2008
I grew up Catholic. I was never happy with it. It was very ritualistic, boring, and impersonal with the people in the church. They always needed money which I understood to a point. I can understand why child molesters would hide in that type of environment. I view it as fake and cold. I feel that is where all the problems fester from.

Devonport, Australia

#49 May 26, 2008
It is not only the Catholics that abuse children. the seventh day Adventist cult have covered it up for decades .I was there

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fonda Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
urgent 9 min buckshot9 2
Chris S VFW 1 hr disgusted 4
Fort Plain Fire Dept Rapist 10 hr Cheetah 11
Patricia Hinkle 12 hr Confused 39
Allen Dillenbeck's daughter (Jul '11) 15 hr Cousin 31
Ex's 16 hr his wife 44
laura smith (May '15) 16 hr his wife 39

Fonda Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance