Priest charged with abusing childre.....

Full story: Gloversville Leader-Herald

A Catholic priest has been charged with sexually abusing at least four children from a Montgomery County family that considered him its "spiritual adviser," state police announced Wednesday.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Jan 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 28, 2008

god is pretend

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2008

this is what religion does to people...raping children..... sick

“I just hate stupid people”

Since: Apr 07

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 1, 2008

Judged:

Coolmind wrote:
this is what religion does to people...raping children..... sick
Almost as bad as school teachers. Abolish the teachers unions,they are saturated with child molesters.
PAD

Rockford, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>Almost as bad as school teachers. Abolish the teachers unions,they are saturated with child molesters.
Thank you!Child molesters anywhere, should be prosecuted, and thrown in Prison.It is a crime that we hear too much about.It seems that everybody is doing it these days, so to point the finger at one group, is only a biased finger.

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2008

PAD wrote:
<quoted text>Thank you!Child molesters anywhere, should be prosecuted, and thrown in Prison.It is a crime that we hear too much about.It seems that everybody is doing it these days, so to point the finger at one group, is only a biased finger.
I was being sarcastic towards coolmind,who has a beef with religion and basically wants to pretend that belief in god somehow translates someone into a child molester. Teachers are usually liberal as well as NAMBLA members. Here's what i believe the real problem is though,child molesters tend gravitate towards professions with easy access to children,i.e. teachers,priests,camp directors etc. I know that these are good professions with good people,and coolmind should know better than lump all religous people into one group.
Red Sox

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 3, 2008

I don't believe in organized religion and I certainly don't believe god, however, I agree with Sir that molestors do tend to gravitate toward those professions with easier access to children.

That doesn't mean I believe all priests (or teachers) are molestors by any means. I do feel they are in a unique position of trust and assumed 'higher' morality b/c of public perception. They should be held to a higher standard and punished accordingly.
Esther

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 4, 2008

Red Sox, You live in Albany, so you are aware of Mr. Mercure and his sexual abuse of little alter boys. One of the brave young men who have come forward is my son. I'm trying to get New yorkers to start petitions against the present statute of limitations against molesters,all molesters. If we leave church out of the wording, most people will sign it. How about it?

“God loves to heal people”

Since: Nov 07

Manchester, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

Esther wrote:
Red Sox, You live in Albany, so you are aware of Mr. Mercure and his sexual abuse of little alter boys. One of the brave young men who have come forward is my son. I'm trying to get New yorkers to start petitions against the present statute of limitations against molesters,all molesters. If we leave church out of the wording, most people will sign it. How about it?
I am a sexual abuse survivor as well, one of the Staffordshire Pindown children. I've been fighting for nearly 40 years to get some answers about why I was abused. They all close ranks, and the victim gets labelled as a nutter. That's how it was for me.

Here in the UK, the laws on rape are unbelievably stupid. It is the law for a rapist to be able to take his victim to court for paternal "rights", should she fall pregnant. This has also happened to me. It is a mockery of the meaning of justice, and two fingers up to the victim. The thing that raped me has taken me to court for seven years and put me through bloody hell. He has used the system to stalk me, and it is the law!

I will gladly sign your petition.
Red Sox

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

Esther wrote:
If we leave church out of the wording, most people will sign it. How about it?
Esther, I'm not aware of Mr. Mercure, but I'm willing to do a little research to find out about him. I do think it's important to leave church out of it, especially for a petition... and I would be more than willing to help you. Do you have an e-mail address, web site or MySpace account where your personal information is protected, yet 'we' can still contact you?
Red Sox

Queensbury, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

Zoompad wrote:
<quoted text>
Here in the UK, the laws on rape are unbelievably stupid. It is the law for a rapist to be able to take his victim to court for paternal "rights", should she fall pregnant. This has also happened to me. It is a mockery of the meaning of justice, and two fingers up to the victim. The thing that raped me has taken me to court for seven years and put me through bloody hell. He has used the system to stalk me, and it is the law!
I will gladly sign your petition.
Wow! I wasn't aware that was an option anywhere in the world... I'm so sorry for all you have been through.
Esther

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2008

I should have said the"child abuse" law. Sorry
wow

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

talk about going with the flow, i think its the new in thing, just like kids, guns and shooting up schools.. Can you not prevent it?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

priests are supposed to be trusted.... their religion must not mean much to them if they can rape a child

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2008

Coolmind wrote:
priests are supposed to be trusted.... their religion must not mean much to them if they can rape a child
Maybe they are not priest,but child molesters who have chosen to become a priest so they can get close to children.
Victor

Miami, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

SIR LANCELOT wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe they are not priest,but child molesters who have chosen to become a priest so they can get close to children.
There may be some truth to that statement. Predators do look for convenient places where children are available and who better to gain the trust of a child than a priest.

DEEP SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2008

Victor wrote:
<quoted text>
There may be some truth to that statement. Predators do look for convenient places where children are available and who better to gain the trust of a child than a priest.
I agree.
among_the_living

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

I don't believe in church but still believe in an all mighty god. No need for some church to tell me how to live my life. My mother did a good job teaching me right from wrong.. now it's my turn. Come on folks, Is it really hard to understand we are all God Greations with the ablity to ration thing out the "Right" way. This person should be denounced and given the right mental help he so obviously needs. What a sickko!
Predator Priests

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 9, 2008

It is the lowest thing to have someone playing to represent god and take innocent children and place children at the mercy of so many of these predator priests. There should be more catholic religion. I guess they must feel we have enough rejects here in Massena, NY what's a few more!

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 11, 2008

nice priest
Esther

Pittsfield, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2008

People! Why does no one want to start petitions to abolish the statute of limitations. To just talk about this is not helping! I appeal to you again, You don't even reply on this subject! Why? While everyone is just talking about child abuse, Father Gary Mercure, who raped my 8 year old, is on paid leave, and most likely will be moved AGAIN to another church, or retire and "HELP' other children! We need to get our legislators to get rid of this ridiculous law. Thousands of people are above the age of limitations. My son is 32, don't you think closure for all of them would be nice? I do. Victor, you seem so knowledgable about this subject. I admire you greatly. Am I doing something wrong?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of46
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Fonda Discussions

Search the Fonda Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Libs killed NY-Ca-Detroit 6,320
anjelia ortiz (Jan '14) 6 hr Pootietang 17
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 hr positronium 6,317
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Wed Habanero Harv 16,760
petifile Wed maggie 8
heroin problem Tue losers and users 5
Investigation Jul 7 Pet owner 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Fonda Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••