Where's Steve? Pa. man seeks pet pig after police send it to farm

A potbellied pet has been put out to pasture, much to the chagrin of its owner. Brian Maguire told the Philadelphia Daily News he wants police to return the Vietnamese micro potbellied pig that was captured when it escaped from his suburban yard. Full Story
Steve

Shrewsbury, PA

#1 Apr 14, 2011
See you at breakfast at Cracker Barrel tomorrow morning. --Steve

Since: Aug 08

Lebanon, PA

#2 Apr 14, 2011
it seems strange the owners wouldn't be allowed to find the pig a home and not be told where he is. its kind of like legal stealing since the punishment doesn't fit the crime.
Scott

Pleasantville, NJ

#3 Apr 14, 2011
Outrageous! If it were me, I'd contact the Board of Commissioners or whoever has authority over this gestapo. If none would do anything, then it's time to protest very loudly. These frickin' police seem to think that they're above the law.
peace

York, PA

#4 Apr 14, 2011
You cops are a joke! A waste of life with nothing better to do than mess with people. A bunch or drunks and drug addicts that beat their children and girlfriends. You pigs think you can do as you please, but the masses are seeing the things you do! Soon, people will take a stand against you thugs.
Mr_C

Baltimore, MD

#5 Apr 14, 2011
The lack of public servants common sense seems to be prevalent across the country these days.
Mary Quite Contrary

Dover, PA

#6 Apr 14, 2011
Let the man have his pig! He named it Steve, taught it to use the litter box and gave it little spa treatments! That's the cutest thing ever. What more do you want?!

People really fall in love with their pets and treat them as if they are family. If you've never owned a pet you wouldn't understand. And a small, domesticated pig is not much different than having a dog or a cat. If it were a sheep or a horse I'd say send it back! Not enough space here for that.
thedirtybunch

York, PA

#7 Apr 14, 2011
Yes, I agree with the above posters, BUT,
it was the owners JOB to keep control of
his new little pig and he didn't do that.
Annoyed

King Of Prussia, PA

#9 Apr 15, 2011
thedirtybunch wrote:
Yes, I agree with the above posters, BUT,
it was the owners JOB to keep control of
his new little pig and he didn't do that.
You're right. So give him a fine.
Doesn't give them the right to:
1) give the pig to someone else
2) Keep the whereabouts of the pet a secret
They don't own it. Saying a cop can do whatever the hell he wants to a pet that got away from his owner is ridiculous.
NOT a public servant

York, PA

#10 Apr 15, 2011
Mr_C wrote:
The lack of public servants common sense seems to be prevalent across the country these days.
Love the term "public servants". What a supreme "ahole" you are!!!!! That crap went out with the feudal system! WE workers are NOT public servants to ANYONE...get that through your thick skull.
kvbdo

Sea Isle City, NJ

#11 Apr 15, 2011
NOT a public servant wrote:
<quoted text>
Love the term "public servants". What a supreme "ahole" you are!!!!! That crap went out with the feudal system! WE workers are NOT public servants to ANYONE...get that through your thick skull.
Yes, more aptly put you are self-servants on the public dime (make that dollar these days)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Folsom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Ann R 51,494
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 15 hr Just Saying 3,999
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Sep 15 Jeremy 183
Review: Rick Jackson Construction LLC Sep 5 RosannaF 1
Suit: Nonprofit execs spent federal funding on ... Aug '14 barbara 1
Review: comfort care heating & air conditioning Jul '14 kathy 1
Playtown Park Pictures Sought (Nov '06) Jul '14 richard 66
•••

Folsom News Video

•••
•••

Folsom Jobs

•••
•••
•••