Cheryl Smith Murder
Curious

Chester, PA

#1 Mar 7, 2009
Does anyone remember the murder of a young teenage girl around 1972-1973. In Norwood, Pa
LRMESS

Vincentown, NJ

#2 Apr 19, 2009
Curious wrote:
Does anyone remember the murder of a young teenage girl around 1972-1973. In Norwood, Pa
Yes, I do rememeber Cheryl Smith, she was in my graduating class at Interboro 1974, she was murdered by her boyfriend who stabbed her. It happened within a year or two after graduation.
max

Folsom, PA

#3 May 24, 2009
I was dating one of her girlfriends at the time. A few years later I was in Di Matteo's bar and the murdered was sitting next to me having a drink. I was told he was still out on appeal and that when he did go to serve his time,he had it very rough inprison,as he was considered a pretty boy
Lisa from Norwood Pa

Philadelphia, PA

#4 Aug 22, 2009
max wrote:
I was dating one of her girlfriends at the time. A few years later I was in Di Matteo's bar and the murdered was sitting next to me having a drink. I was told he was still out on appeal and that when he did go to serve his time,he had it very rough inprison,as he was considered a pretty boy
I don't know how to spell his name, Ralph B? I think. I remember her, she lived around the corner and dated my brother, his name John but everyone called him Michigan.
She just popped into my head the other day, what a shame.
Dave

Lenni, PA

#5 Dec 25, 2011
I remember Cheryl, I knew her. A friend of mine, Tom, a neighbor found her still alive after she was stabbed. Ralph, the bf, lived on the corner of Devon and Mohawk. Did he ever get out of prison?
I even dated his sister a few times.
Cheryl Smith

Denton, MD

#6 Apr 17, 2013
Ralph Smart murdered her
Mike Klein

Denton, MD

#7 Apr 17, 2013
I had a terrible crush on her in school, but she was with Ralph Smart. I witnessed him cheating on her with some slutty fat girl and it made me sick to find out he killed her. I really despise that guy cause she was so sweet and he was an asshole.
Regina

Ridley Park, PA

#8 Jan 12, 2014
I found the article in the Delaware County Daily Times and they sentenced someone to 10-20 years but the person's name is not the same as the one being posted here.
SWX

Glenolden, PA

#9 Jan 21, 2014
Regina wrote:
I found the article in the Delaware County Daily Times and they sentenced someone to 10-20 years but the person's name is not the same as the one being posted here.
Not Ralph Smart!. A Ralph B something. Got out of jail and worked with the roofers union local 30.
Lisa

Springfield, PA

#10 Feb 9, 2014
SWX wrote:
<quoted text>
Not Ralph Smart!. A Ralph B something. Got out of jail and worked with the roofers union local 30.
Regina-could you please share the name listed and/or the article? Thank you.
Barbara

Fort Myers, FL

#11 Feb 20, 2014
You can find the info for Cheryl Smith by going to the DE County Daily Times archives. The guy who murdered her was Ralph Boccella from Darby Rd in Prospect Park. Happened in March 1976 and he was sentenced in 1997 10-20 yrs. Remember this well since we lived across the street at the time and my father just missed helping her by a few minutes when he was leaving for work in the morning. I was very young and it shook me up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Folsom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Gold Rush Jewelers Jul 8 Sarah 1
Debate: Obama-Marriage - Glenolden, PA (May '12) Jun '15 jeph 2
Can I ask her to be my gf yet? (Jan '15) Jun '15 GIRL 2
News People on the Move May '15 Mike 2 2
News Pennsylvania High School Football - Springfield... (Sep '07) Apr '15 Bulldog 8
News Delco D.A.: High school coach faces DUI charge Mar '15 politicalfavors4d... 2
News Popular High School Football Coach Charged With... (Nov '14) Mar '15 politicalfavors4d... 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Folsom Mortgages