First Prev
of 4
Next Last
BMF

Irvine, CA

#1 Jan 20, 2006
Does anyone know what happen in the arraignment of Eric Dungan this month. He killed the police officer Matt Redding in a hit and run?
mon

Elk Grove, CA

#2 Jun 21, 2006
Does anyone know what happened in the arraignment of Eric Dungan
JNB

AOL

#3 Nov 26, 2006
He has been charged with murder but nothing further has happened with a trial
SRS

Pico Rivera, CA

#4 Feb 20, 2007
His trial starts tomorrow.
Jane

AOL

#5 Mar 15, 2007
This is justice at its worst. The case involing the Police Office in Elkgrove and the Dungan case are similar, however there one major difference the police officer accident happen in the daylight in a crosswalk and in the Dungan case in the dark on the freeway. The officers verdict is 5 years and the other 15 to life. I feel sorry for the Dungan family and the little boy family in Elkgrove. Watch the news video on news10.net
John

Alhambra, CA

#6 Mar 17, 2007
Jane wrote:
This is justice at its worst. The case involing the Police Office in Elkgrove and the Dungan case are similar, however there one major difference the police officer accident happen in the daylight in a crosswalk and in the Dungan case in the dark on the freeway. The officers verdict is 5 years and the other 15 to life. I feel sorry for the Dungan family and the little boy family in Elkgrove. Watch the news video on news10.net
I feel sorry for Matt Redding and his family. Matts gone FOREVER. Eric still has his whole life to live. He knew he was drunk but didnt care and drove anyways. Just 10 minutes before Matt was murdered, Eric was sitting in a cab. A cab that was willing to take him home for only 15 dollars more. But no Matts life was worth less then 15 dollars to Eric. Its good you have sympathy but in this case its tragically misplaced.
Jane

AOL

#7 Mar 17, 2007
John, So you don't feel sorry for the Michael Ramirez's family the little boy who was struck and killed in a crosswalk in the middle of the day by a Druck Driver, Jason Marks an Elk Grove Police Officer and he receive 5 years which means he will be out in 2 to 3 years. Dungan spends minimum 15 years. By my account this means Eric is gone forever as well. So this makes 3 deaths and the only one that gets to enjoy his life is Jason Marks a Police officer. Please explain to the families of the Ramirez's and Dungan's why this is exccepted? This is not justice. I would like to read your replay to this. One more thing before you cast your judgement the cad driver never offer to drive Mr Dungan home.
David

AOL

#8 Mar 17, 2007
Researching and reading many of the papers here in Auburn County; Don Haffman, Matt Redding's roommate was on a ride along that night. He stated that he was the person placing the cones on the freeway and Matt never touch the cones. Matt pick him up at 9PM in front of the station. However Matt shift started at 6PM. Then they went to dinner I guess that is something a ride-along needs to learn. Then by all accounts of the witnesses there was only one person accounted for at the scene either Matt or Don, but they both were there? Anyone who drove on the 65 freeway that night their lives were in danger by the Auburn Police department by alouding a ride-along close down the freeway.
Jane

AOL

#9 Mar 17, 2007
I totally agree with David. This story just doesn't sit well with me nor should it with the Ramireez's and Dungan framilies. Maybe the Governor or local Congressman should take a look into this case/trail? Does anyone know how to go about doing this?
nathan jon

Chico, CA

#10 Apr 1, 2007
David wrote:
Researching and reading many of the papers here in Auburn County; Don Haffman, Matt Redding's roommate was on a ride along that night. He stated that he was the person placing the cones on the freeway and Matt never touch the cones. Matt pick him up at 9PM in front of the station. However Matt shift started at 6PM. Then they went to dinner I guess that is something a ride-along needs to learn. Then by all accounts of the witnesses there was only one person accounted for at the scene either Matt or Don, but they both were there? Anyone who drove on the 65 freeway that night their lives were in danger by the Auburn Police department by alouding a ride-along close down the freeway.
His roomate did put the cones out there but since he wasn't a cop and really didn't know what he was doing, matt redding had to go out and fix them. if you did research then you know that they found eric dungan guilty before his trial. To get a fair trial it should of taken place in another county.
Jane

AOL

#11 Apr 2, 2007
This case makes me ill. I actully live in Rocklin and I'm upset by the injustice that we demonstarted in our court system. He never had a fair chance.
I Care

AOL

#12 Apr 6, 2007
People shoud start doing something fast he is being sentance on the 26th of this month. We a know the punishment is too harsh. Just don't stand back and let it happen. Make a differance HELP DUNGAN. Write the Jugde. send the letter to the Auburn Court House to the Honorable Judge Larry Gaddis.
nathan jon

Chico, CA

#13 Apr 8, 2007
I will write a letter to this judge. I strongly believe he should of nevered been charged with 2nd degree murder, he does deserve prison time but not the rest of his life. I want to believe in the justice system again, i will pray that he (judge) will do the right thing.
BSMITH

United States

#14 Apr 20, 2007
So you feel sorry for Dungan...a man who was seen all over Roseville DRUNK in bars after the incident. Everyone knows that Michael Ramirez dashed out into the street. He had been warned by the bus driver several times not to run off in the middle of the street. He did not deserve to get run over by a drunk cop, but the cop is in prison. I do feel tremendous sorrow for thw little boy and his family. Redding was doing his work protecting other officers and was killed by a text messaging drunk who was wearing headphones. Just shortly he had been warned not to dive by the taxi driver. Oh and also please be sure to listen to the interrogation tapes in which Dungan says he was "way more drunk" other times and had gone the same route without incident. Oh and also he had been stopped 2X before on suspicious drunk driving. And oh, just after the news came out about the incident there was a local talk radio station taking calls from people. One woman said she knew Dungan and he often bragged about his drinking and driving. This case is so different than March;s. Oh and by the way if you are feeling sorry for Dungan, just remember what he told the cops..that he thought he hit a dog....just imagine someone you loved hit by him and then saying it was a dog. The windshield of his truck had a huge indentation of shattered glass. That was Matt's head. And he said it was a dog....he was within inches of the man he hit and then he left. Oh yeah. no tears for Dungan. He got what he deserved and I hope he gets the max!
BSMITH

United States

#15 Apr 20, 2007
Jane wrote:
This case makes me ill. I actully live in Rocklin and I'm upset by the injustice that we demonstarted in our court system. He never had a fair chance.
Jane...I hope no one you know gets hit by a drunk driver who think he hit a dog!
BSMITH

United States

#16 Apr 20, 2007
I Care wrote:
People shoud start doing something fast he is being sentance on the 26th of this month. We a know the punishment is too harsh. Just don't stand back and let it happen. Make a differance HELP DUNGAN. Write the Jugde. send the letter to the Auburn Court House to the Honorable Judge Larry Gaddis.
Dungan deserves the max..read the other comment. You want to get involved..join MADD so someone you care about isn't killed by a drunk who thinks he hit a dog!
BSMITH

United States

#17 Apr 20, 2007
nathan jon wrote:
I will write a letter to this judge. I strongly believe he should of nevered been charged with 2nd degree murder, he does deserve prison time but not the rest of his life. I want to believe in the justice system again, i will pray that he (judge) will do the right thing.
It's no a life sentence..probably 15 years. Matt Redding got the death sentence!
BSMITH

United States

#18 Apr 20, 2007
Jane wrote:
John, So you don't feel sorry for the Michael Ramirez's family the little boy who was struck and killed in a crosswalk in the middle of the day by a Druck Driver, Jason Marks an Elk Grove Police Officer and he receive 5 years which means he will be out in 2 to 3 years. Dungan spends minimum 15 years. By my account this means Eric is gone forever as well. So this makes 3 deaths and the only one that gets to enjoy his life is Jason Marks a Police officer. Please explain to the families of the Ramirez's and Dungan's why this is exccepted? This is not justice. I would like to read your replay to this. One more thing before you cast your judgement the cad driver never offer to drive Mr Dungan home.
We will write letter s that Dungan gets the max...He deserves it!
BSMITH

United States

#19 Apr 20, 2007
Jane wrote:
John, So you don't feel sorry for the Michael Ramirez's family the little boy who was struck and killed in a crosswalk in the middle of the day by a Druck Driver, Jason Marks an Elk Grove Police Officer and he receive 5 years which means he will be out in 2 to 3 years. Dungan spends minimum 15 years. By my account this means Eric is gone forever as well. So this makes 3 deaths and the only one that gets to enjoy his life is Jason Marks a Police officer. Please explain to the families of
the Ramirez's and Dungan's why this is exccepted? This is not justice. I would like to read your replay to this. One more thing before you cast your judgement the cad driver never offer to drive Mr Dungan home.
Oh so now you blaame the taxi driver. Eric is not gone forever...he just needs to serve his hopefully long prison time....Matt is gone forever.
Jane

AOL

#20 Apr 21, 2007
BSmith, you seem to be very one sided. Remember there is always two sides to every story. Don't judge people. That's what makes this world so hard to live in. Feel for people and their pain. And thank God everyday that you are not going through this, however I think you are and you are one of the Redding Family memebers. Don't you see the pain in both of the families. They both lost a son that evening. Dungan is change forever he will never be the person he was before this accident. No one decides to drink one night and then decides I am going to kill someone. Stop and think about it for a moment with out your harsh judgement and pre-judgement. It was an accident and by all laws he should have been charge with DUI-manslaughter. You seem to know more about this case then what was printed in the papers. As you live in this life try to stop and think from your heart, I do not think that your heart is that cold and remember the reporters spin a story in any direction. You really should take a good look at yourself. Many of times I drove on the freeway in the middle of the night where there is no crosswalks I could honestly say with out judgement because that is in Gods hands, I probably would not have seen the officer as well. Wow you didn't want one officer die, but you want Dungan too. Thats seems to ba a little odd as well as not caring that a child has because of an officer decision. If a child is warned not to cross the street in a crosswalk in the daytime durning school hours and does and dies because of an officer decision to Drink and Drive that day please tell what the differance really is? Don't blame it on the child. I say it again you really need to take a good look at yourself and your beleives and change for the good. God loves and he also forgives. And you need love in heart and life. Choose love everytime.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Folsom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fewer students eat school lunches as menus get ... Aug 20 Serratus Anterior 26
News Toddler declared brain-dead back in U.S.; paren... Aug 19 Mercy 1
Judge Francis A. Kearney / Placer County Judici... (Jan '13) Aug 15 PlacerVictem 21
How broke was the Clinton family without White ... Aug 12 combat veteran 1
Orangevale trashiest town ever (Dec '14) Aug 10 combat veteran 5
Follow the money in El Dorado County (Oct '14) Apr '16 ENTER USERNAME 2
News So Cal vs. Nor Cal: The battle rages on (Oct '07) Apr '16 surferdude3328 64

Folsom Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Folsom Mortgages