Ashley

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2013
Im hoping that someone here may be able to help me. My husband and I are relocating to the Wheeling area due to work. We are in search of a nice townhome/apartment complex. Prefer a townhome. Could anyone point me in the direction of some nice places. Thanks!
1 post removed
Former resident

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Dec 15, 2013
Good luck, there are no nice town homes or apt complexes. The few apt complexes there are are old and for the most part are low income. You will only find houses in Mondsville that are too expensive and crappy, and apartments in Wheeling that are, again, to expensive and not really nice. You might also try Shadyside n OH. But my real advise is to not move to Wheeling.... Get another job.
Kate

United States

#4 Jan 10, 2014
Yeah, there really isn't much. Northwood Court (NOT to be confused with North Park) is your pretty basic complex but well kept with a very active apartment manager....and most of the tenants are professionals also.
Alex

Gilbertsville, KY

#5 Jan 16, 2014
You might want to look into living in Saint Clairsville, Shadyside, or Moundsville instead. It's not far to drive to Wheeling for work. There has been a huge crime outbreak in Wheeling lately, and you REALLY want to avoid living on the Island. Also, Bellaire and Martins Ferry are known for their scum.
On another note, there is a gas boom in the area, so most rentals are occupied with the gas guys right now. Landlords have jacked prices up because of this, too.
Former wheeling gal

Summersville, WV

#6 Jan 26, 2014
I use to live in wheeling it is my town born and raised . If you want a nice peacefull place look in elm grove , woodsdle they are ares to live .
1 post removed
concernewheeling resident

Mount Clare, WV

#8 Jan 30, 2014
STAY AWAY!! stay away from wheeling wv (ohio county), The rent is insane! and IF you have children, you really wanna stay clear of wheeling. they have a cps mafia here comprised of pedophiles. it is a actual fact that as of 2013, an average of 7 out of ten children taken by CPS and placed with foster parents were molested, 9 out of every ten received permanent physical scars, two children were murdered! and not one CPS workers has ever been charged, there punishment for the second child they murdered in 2013 was an audit, WTF.... OHIO COUNTY WHEELING WV WANTS TO LEGALLY MURDER, MAME, AND MOLEST YOUR CHILDREN! IF YOU LOVE YOUR CHILDREN STAY AWAY, NO CHILD IS SAFE IN WHEELING WV!
WTFinWV

Wheeling, WV

#9 Feb 6, 2014
Once again, "concernewheelingresident " don't get your kids taken from you in the first place, treat them right, don't beat them, feed them, bath them, take care of them, raise them right, teach them the do's and don'ts.

Check with Valput Properties, Double D and Son, or theintelligencer.net for places for rent. Don't listen to people about the rent being expensive and the houses being crappy just use your own judgement. The price of rent might seem high to persons of lower income, to you depending on the jobs your family are moving here for you might consider it reasonable or even cheap.
Patricia

Fountain, CO

#10 Feb 13, 2014
Wheeling was once a great place to live and raise a family. But that was many, many, many years ago. I had a happy childhood growing up in East Wheeling, but that was before THEY came down from the hill and destroyed my neighborhood.

I would go to Elm Grove and Woodsdale also and out the pike like Meadow Estates and Hubbards Lane. Pretty pricey, but nice.
1 post removed
Lord Vader

Pinole, CA

#12 Sep 10, 2014
Ashley wrote:
Im hoping that someone here may be able to help me. My husband and I are relocating to the Wheeling area due to work. We are in search of a nice townhome/apartment complex. Prefer a townhome. Could anyone point me in the direction of some nice places. Thanks!
Don't do it! Just moved out of that shi†hole. The whole area is full of cretins.
Ashley

Middlesboro, KY

#13 Sep 10, 2014
Lord Vader wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't do it! Just moved out of that shi†hole. The whole area is full of cretins.
yes but my husband Just got a job offer at Northern at Paul's repair shop inc. Mining Fans.? Is this a good place to work ?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Follansbee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) 2 hr Fairlady 4,142
wvbc Jun 13 Curious 1
emilio muscedere (Sep '09) Jun 12 gnomeman 4
News Lara Bailie, Christopher Baldauf May 24 Karmawillgetyou 2
News City faces ACLU suit over cop firing May '17 Ian 1
News Former Weirton police officer sues city for firing May '17 Ian 1
Fun Ladies (Dec '15) May '17 Puff daddy 9

Follansbee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance