First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Krissy

Jacksonville, FL

#21 Feb 14, 2011
You are Lying wrote:
<quoted text>
They were sent to school with the drug fund money, go back and look at the audit reports from the time you say Tommy was in charge of that. See how much was spent on Tommy's school and his brother. Now look at everyone else, they spent a hell of a lot on other peoples education. So what you said don't make sense. Look at the reports, they don't lie.
Ive seen PLENTY of reports lie!!!! Just sayin!!!!!!

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#22 Feb 14, 2011
Krissy wrote:
<quoted text>Ive seen PLENTY of reports lie!!!! Just sayin!!!!!!
Hi rickie. Nice to hear from you again.
anon

Madison, WI

#23 Feb 22, 2011
Are you sick of high paid teachers? Teachersí hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year! Itís time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - baby sit! We can get that for less than minimum wage.

Thatís right. Letís give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan ó that equals 6 1/2 hours).

Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many do they teach in dayÖmaybe 30? So thatís $19.50 x 30 =$585.00 a day. However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations. LETíS SEEÖ. Thatís $585 X 180=$105,300 peryear.(Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).

What about those special education teachers and the ones with Masterís degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days =$280,800 per year.

Wait a minute ó thereís something wrong here! There sure is! The average teacherís salary (nation wide) is $50,000.$50,000/180 days =$277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours =$1.42 per hour per studentĖa very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)

WHAT A DEAL!!!!
What A Deal

Fort Lauderdale, FL

#24 Feb 22, 2011
anon wrote:
Are you sick of high paid teachers? Teachersí hefty salaries are driving up taxes, and they only work 9 or 10 months a year! Itís time we put things in perspective and pay them for what they do - baby sit! We can get that for less than minimum wage.
Thatís right. Letís give them $3.00 an hour and only the hours they worked; not any of that silly planning time, or any time they spend before or after school. That would be $19.50 a day (7:45 to 3:00 PM with 45 min. off for lunch and plan ó that equals 6 1/2 hours).
Each parent should pay $19.50 a day for these teachers to baby-sit their children. Now how many do they teach in dayÖmaybe 30? So thatís $19.50 x 30 =$585.00 a day. However, remember they only work 180 days a year!!! I am not going to pay them for any vacations. LETíS SEEÖ. Thatís $585 X 180=$105,300 peryear.(Hold on! My calculator needs new batteries).
What about those special education teachers and the ones with Masterís degrees? Well, we could pay them minimum wage ($7.75), and just to be fair, round it off to $8.00 an hour. That would be $8 X 6 1/2 hours X 30 children X 180 days =$280,800 per year.
Wait a minute ó thereís something wrong here! There sure is! The average teacherís salary (nation wide) is $50,000.$50,000/180 days =$277.77/per day/30 students=$9.25/6.5 hours =$1.42 per hour per studentĖa very inexpensive baby-sitter and they even EDUCATE your kids!)
WHAT A DEAL!!!!
Actually if you only paid the teachers and got rid of all the admins and assistant principals and graduation coaches, then you would save money, and even be able to pay the actual teachers more, you know the ones in the classroom. You know the ones making less than 50,000 a year. You know?

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#25 Feb 22, 2011
What A Deal wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually if you only paid the teachers and got rid of all the admins and assistant principals and graduation coaches, then you would save money, and even be able to pay the actual teachers more, you know the ones in the classroom. You know the ones making less than 50,000 a year. You know?
Thanks rick, we really need your input from your vast knowledge on how to fix the school system.
Buzz-light year

Saint Marys, GA

#26 Nov 18, 2012
Investigate our top heavy school district! That is where the money goes-not to the teachers.

Furloughs?
Have administrators take an extra week of unpaid "furloughs," not the teachers. To fill in on needed tasks, ask for volunteer help from the community.

Stop Overtesting
School districts can save millions by doing less state and district tests. Cut down on them, do only truly essential ones, or combine them so there's less.
Anon

United States

#27 Nov 19, 2012
Worse yet how many blacks are at the Board office and don't include clerical? But as long as the BOE continues to write checks to the recidivism program they avoid the mandate imposed to force them to have a balanced workforce.

They have in access of 2 million paid in salaries at the BOE alone. Add to that all the GOB favors, gazillion assistants to anybody actually responsible for anything. Recipe for disaster !

What's more alarming is the fact that they constantly elevate our taxes BUT have enough wiggle room to pass on receiving taxes from the TAD district in Kingsland! WTF?
jack

Saint Marys, GA

#28 Nov 19, 2012
Anon wrote:
Worse yet how many blacks are at the Board office and don't include clerical? But as long as the BOE continues to write checks to the recidivism program they avoid the mandate imposed to force them to have a balanced workforce.
They have in access of 2 million paid in salaries at the BOE alone. Add to that all the GOB favors, gazillion assistants to anybody actually responsible for anything. Recipe for disaster !
What's more alarming is the fact that they constantly elevate our taxes BUT have enough wiggle room to pass on receiving taxes from the TAD district in Kingsland! WTF?
You don't think things would be the same with more blacks on the BOE? We need more Black Phds on the board.
anon

Herndon, PA

#29 Nov 19, 2012
has anyone else noticed that the school board taxes are the biggest item on your tax bill each year, does anyone else find that strange ?
Anon

United States

#30 Nov 20, 2012
I find it strange that the voters continue to vote the same people in every election! How do you break up a monopoly or corruption if voters just press the incumbent button?
not so fast my friend

Denver, CO

#31 Nov 20, 2012
The city of St. Marys has enjoyed a large percentage of turnover the last several elections. Im not implying that sme change or turnover isnt needed but neither extreme is healhty.
Buzz-light year

Saint Marys, GA

#32 Nov 20, 2012
NO! NO! NO!

What we need are for people (YOU) to start taking notice!

Teachers should be rotated in and out at the BOE 'cause no one at the board really knows what goes on inside the classrooms.

Way too many overpaid people at the board who do very little to earn those high dollar salaries!

Cut back on their pay and hire more teachers...and more paraprofessionals. It takes two in a class to teach.....one adult to manage behavior of one to teach.

See for yourself! Stop the emails and paperwork and let teachers teach!

And, teachers are graded on test scores but not all kids in our schools are alike. Neighborhood schools usually score higher. Look at the research.

People who have no idea about education in our schools are the ones making the most important decisions. It is ludicrous!
Buzz-light year

Saint Marys, GA

#33 Nov 20, 2012
And our school system might be okay compared to some schools....but it is not good enough. It will never be good enough! Teachers and students are expected to keep learning, growing, and improving.

Schools should always be doing the same.

The overpaid employees at the board should be required to go back into the classroom AND TEACH to get a TRUE picture of what needs to be fixed and left alone. I am sure many teachers would volunteer to switch places for a day or two or three, etc...

This would be an eye opener and the only way to help students and teachers.
Buzz-light year

Saint Marys, GA

#34 Nov 20, 2012
As far as getting rid of coaches, I think that is a bad idea. Maybe we have too many, but we do need coaches....and more activities in all schools.

i am a firm believer that sports, music, art, etc....help fill a void with so many students. These activities also motivate many students and keep them OUT of trouble!

I have seen baseball, football, soccer, and other sports actually save kids' lives. Without these extracurricular activities, school can become monotonous and I would be willing to bet that drop out rates would greatly increase without them. It certainly does motivate many of them.
Buzz-light year

Saint Marys, GA

#35 Nov 20, 2012
You, obviously, are not a teacher. If you were, your tune would change in a week or less ( maybe a day) if you could walk in the shoes of a teacher. We would even let you teach math. I do not know of any high paid teachers! I do know, however, of people with teaching degrees who are paid too much for overseeing schools, but teachers WHO TEACH are highly UNDERPAID! Real teachers work way many more hours than you could even begin to imagine!! For the record, my job also includes babysitting, counseling, and nursing. since my job includes teaching and the other jobs mentioned, then i feel i am at least entitled to minimum wage. Don't you? If you do, I am all in! Sign me up.....but ONLY if you promise to put in a time clock because I would make way more $$$$$$ per hour if I could punch my time in and out. Teaching is a job that never ends!....Hmmm....maybe that is why there are no time clocks in our schools.
anon wrote:
WHAT A DEAL!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Folkston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Georgia i... (Oct '10) 15 min rename 53,288
JDA Scam 13 hr Wondering 3
Help in Woodbine!!!!!! 14 hr Alex 7
humpty dumpty hotel 17 hr Danny Noonan 2
GA Who do you support for Attorney General in Geor... (Oct '10) Thu Pfffft 185
Why is the paper picking on Kingslands Mayor Wed Hugh 28
Who is new Fire Chief Aug 26 LOL 3
•••
•••
•••

Folkston Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000