Should the people of Camden renew SPL...

Should the people of Camden renew SPLOST?

Created by Gov Should Have Less on Nov 24, 2012

119 votes

Click on an option to vote

NO

YES

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
anon

Herndon, PA

#1 Nov 24, 2012
Not only NO but F*** NO , I for one am tired of TAXES any TAXES this country has gone to the dogs and Obama is gonna buy the dog food with our tax dollars. It is time to draw a line in the sand on all these TAXES so I say NO MORE TAXES, NONE not one more red cent to the govment.

And another thing it is high time we bring our boys home, first we blow the hell out of the sand fleas over in Iraq and Afganland and then we GIVE them our money and food to rebuild the stuff we blew up and all of it funded by our TAXES. It is time to end this type of thinking in America.

Before there were taxes there were customs and duties which were fees paid by people who wanted to import their goods to America to sell to us, whell it is high time we went back to that system if China, Japan and Mexico want to sell us their stuff then make them pay to bring it in and do away with our lower our taxes.

Rant on my brothers and sisters.

“Post 6, 2017 thru 2020 ”

Since: Oct 10

St. Marys, GA

#2 Nov 24, 2012
Diagnostic, perhaps, but largely irrelevant to the question at hand.
anon

Herndon, PA

#3 Nov 24, 2012
uhhh Jay SPLOST is a TAX so it is relevant you fat lazy baztardo.

If you dont know what S.P.L.O.S.Tax stands for please enquire next time you recharge your EBT card.
J the Jerk

Woodbine, GA

#4 Nov 24, 2012
Special Purpose Local Option Sales TAX!!! GET THAT LAST WORD!!!! TAX TAX TAX TAX TAX YOU STUPID FOOL!

St. Marys, GA

#5 Nov 24, 2012
Damn you morons are obtuse.

"Diagnostic" in that it indicates the first poster is clearly an anarchistic Libertarian, Yea Party nut case who would abolish all government and revert to a mean, brutish, strict social Darwinism.

The question is should we vote it in again. The answer is obviously yes to all sane voters.
anon

Griffin, GA

#6 Nov 24, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
Damn you morons are obtuse.
"Diagnostic" in that it indicates the first poster is clearly an anarchistic Libertarian, Yea Party nut case who would abolish all government and revert to a mean, brutish, strict social Darwinism.
The question is should we vote it in again. The answer is obviously yes to all sane voters.
Jay, for the second time in history, I agree with you. The very first poster made him/ herself look like a total idiot. Then the moron that came to agree with the first idiot. Also to the first idiot, have you ever taken your ass to either Iraq or Afghanistan? because I have been to both more than once. You both attack Jay like vultures. I have never agreed with Jay, but that is stupid. He proved on this post alone that he is smarter than the both of you. One the Splost issue, yes I will vote for it. Our country is in a mess but I dont think that will decrease our deficit. The splost will help our county. Jay you cant fix stupid people.
SDC

Valdosta, GA

#7 Nov 24, 2012
Splost failed on election day in Lowndes county. Went to pay my property taxes last week and the lady in the tax office told me that the property taxes would be going up because no splost tax will be coming in next 5 years

I would rather have people going thru our county helping us pay for things than just property owners paying. People need to be educated about it.
anon

Griffin, GA

#8 Nov 24, 2012
SDC wrote:
Splost failed on election day in Lowndes county. Went to pay my property taxes last week and the lady in the tax office told me that the property taxes would be going up because no splost tax will be coming in next 5 years
I would rather have people going thru our county helping us pay for things than just property owners paying. People need to be educated about it.
exactly, you need splost
wow

Herndon, PA

#9 Nov 24, 2012
Well I guess we will have to say wait and see if it passes, but if Jay is for it then I am against it.

St. Marys, GA

#10 Nov 24, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text> Jay, for the second time in history, I agree with you. The very first poster made him/ herself look like a total idiot. Then the moron that came to agree with the first idiot. Also to the first idiot, have you ever taken your ass to either Iraq or Afghanistan? because I have been to both more than once. You both attack Jay like vultures. I have never agreed with Jay, but that is stupid. He proved on this post alone that he is smarter than the both of you. One the Splost issue, yes I will vote for it. Our country is in a mess but I dont think that will decrease our deficit. The splost will help our county. Jay you cant fix stupid people.
True, but if C.J.can have a stuffed hedgehog, I can have stupid people.
Little Joe

Anonymous Proxy

#11 Nov 24, 2012
VOTE NO to SPLOST and pay HIGHER property taxes for the next 5 years. Are you people too stupid to see that it is cheaper to pay the SPLOST than what they will hit you for every year.
what the

Saint Marys, GA

#12 Nov 24, 2012
tell me how !!!!!!!!!!
anon

United States

#13 Nov 25, 2012
Vote NO!!!! The local elected needs to be more prudent with what they have. Stop using SPLOST for pet projects. Until the list includes paying down the debt on water/sewer and providing the same for my parents area(which has been a promise since my teen years) I'm encouraging others to vote NO!!!!!!!!
anon

Wesley Chapel, FL

#14 Nov 25, 2012
anon wrote:
Vote NO!!!! The local elected needs to be more prudent with what they have. Stop using SPLOST for pet projects. Until the list includes paying down the debt on water/sewer and providing the same for my parents area(which has been a promise since my teen years) I'm encouraging others to vote NO!!!!!!!!
big mistake, splost needs to pass...
anon

Wesley Chapel, FL

#15 Nov 25, 2012
anon wrote:
If the splost past. Stmarys plans on using that to pay down the water/sewer debt. Thats why I will be voting yes.
Bonnie Blue Butler

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Nov 25, 2012
anon wrote:
<quoted text>If the splost past. Stmarys plans on using that to pay down the water/sewer debt. Thats why I will be voting yes.
They will not be using all of it to pay down the debt...they have some pet projects like building more side walks around the inlet starting with the Gilman boat house property plus a $100,000 golf cart for the tourism department...there is even a section on the project list called "miscellaneous" projected to get 150,000....more stuff-n-fluff from the Dumb a$$ Council and Mayor. I know the folks in St. Marys cannot wait to get rid of the Mayor, but if they vote in Osprey Cove F**K Heads, they will get the same shlt.

St. Marys, GA

#17 Nov 25, 2012
If the other 99% of us will show up at the polls in numbers sufficient to neutralize the threat to pols of the DMA bloc vote, we can put a stop to all these silly-assed expenditures by mayor and council to appease the bastards.
Downtown Freeloader

Herndon, PA

#18 Nov 25, 2012
We old time downtowners are the only one's that matter. You homeowners in the outback are here to support us in the custom to which we have become accustomed. Why do you think City Hall is located DOWNTOWN? So we will be able to control
the tax revenue and water and sewer revenue. Get it dumbasses. We,
the downtowners are in charge of the city check book. If the Council don't do as we say, we just show up at the meetings and intimidate them. They are such wussies!!!!!

Shut up and assume the position. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Truth is

United States

#19 Nov 25, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
If the other 99% of us will show up at the polls in numbers sufficient to neutralize the threat to pols of the DMA bloc vote, we can put a stop to all these silly-assed expenditures by mayor and council to appease the bastards.
I'll second that motion Jay!!!! We don't need "these silly-assed expenditures"!!!!!!!!!

Vote this down; then vote out DeLoughy!!!!
Bonnie Blue Butler

Saint Marys, GA

#20 Nov 25, 2012
Moreno Jay wrote:
I agree with some of that...but you have the sheeple at Osprey who are always lead by the damn Yankee contingency to help f**k up the vote.
What the downtowners need to be worried about is the water/sewer infrastructure underneath their streets. It is horrible and in huge need of replacement... the SPLOST-7 list does not directly address that issue. It does address the WS debt with a Hodge podge of project spending...almost all of the revenue should be allocated to debt and repair of the downtown water/sewer infrastructure. But we have too many ideological Damn Yankees on Council.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Folkston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whitehouse Seafood-Dick Roberts was found guil... Jul 4 ISITTRUE 1
Kingsland Animal Control Officer out of a job! Jul 3 Craker Sez 10
Why are people so down on Mayor Smith? Jul 3 Craker Sez 17
The new "OPS" location (Dec '13) Jul 2 Not good pizza 60
Cumberland Pizza And Games (Oct '14) Jun 29 Not ral pizza 17
Publix Jun 27 georgia lady 2
ALkina daniels for district commissioner....ske... (Jun '10) Jun 26 Concerned parent 26
More from around the web

Folkston People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Folkston Mortgages