Controversy Surrounds Folkston Easter...

Controversy Surrounds Folkston Easter Festival Once Again

There are 82 comments on the First Coast News Jacksonville story from Mar 21, 2008, titled Controversy Surrounds Folkston Easter Festival Once Again. In it, First Coast News Jacksonville reports that:

Talk Back: Post a comment on this article By Jackelyn Barnard First Coast News FOLKSTON, GA -- The Easter Festival in Folkston is back on but not without controversy.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at First Coast News Jacksonville.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#1 Mar 21, 2008
your group acted like a bunch of thugs..now you are being treated like a bunch of thugs..get over it.
George

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Mar 21, 2008
Once again, if people of color are asked to follow rules that they feel are too strict then it must be a race issue. When people of color stop throwing out the race card, then the racial issues that divide our country can start to fade.

“Dogs are smart”

Since: Feb 08

Jacksonville, FL

#3 Mar 21, 2008
With drugs, drinking and fighting their celebrating Easter, a Christian holiday. Is this a black thing?
Charles

Jacksonville, FL

#4 Mar 21, 2008
It is no longer safe to celebrate Easter?
marie

AOL

#5 Mar 21, 2008
drugs and booze have no place in an Easter celebration for goodness sakes!! and of course if you have them you know it will only be a matter of time before you have fights-Easter is a religous holiday not a keg party!!

Since: Feb 08

Washington, DC

#6 Mar 21, 2008
I say both sides are wrong. However, to be celebrating Easter with drugs and guns is unacceptable regardless black or white.
Just Me

United States

#7 Mar 21, 2008
I bet there is a fight and/or a shooting there this weekend.
sadie

Campbellsville, KY

#10 Mar 22, 2008
George wrote:
Once again, if people of color are asked to follow rules that they feel are too strict then it must be a race issue. When people of color stop throwing out the race card, then the racial issues that divide our country can start to fade.
I agree,
Browntownian

United States

#11 Mar 22, 2008
Everyone else has rules except a group of blacks. They have stated several times, even on their webpage that they will not be stopped.
Da Da DUH

United States

#12 Mar 22, 2008
George wrote:
Amen to that!But that will never happen,because thats the only excuse they can use for acting like IDIOTS......
White Man

Andalusia, AL

#13 Mar 22, 2008
I wanna go to this Christian Activity, Booze Drugs Fighting , where do I sign up for this

“Reagan Conservative”

Since: Jan 08

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#14 Mar 22, 2008
That's it throw the damn RACE CARD!!!!!
Its not a Drug and Thug Celebration,
Its a Easter Celebration!!!
People DO NOT want to see these little
Thugs walking around with there pants
down around there ankles, Enough already!!
Your 400 years of Oppression on the
backs of White people needs to Stop!!!
Architect in Jax

Cordova, TN

#15 Mar 22, 2008
Its not a color thing.. its a thugh thing... If they are a thug, and black.. or white.. doesn't matter, thugs a thug.

Its about the thugs... not about anything else. Its bound to happen when too many thugs get together, no thug can get along. Thugs fight thugs, guns violence and drugs are part of the thug scene... then its all the recipe for disaster.
Barbara

Saint Marys, GA

#16 Mar 22, 2008
Whatever happened to people just celebrating Easter at home and Church like we used to do about 15 - 20 years ago. My family always celebrate these holidays as a family. Not going out and starting something. The easter Bunny bought baskets, ever how much we could afford and when the children woke up on Easter Morning that was the first thing they saw. Then we would dress up and if we didn't go to Church we went to their Grandparents house. OH I forgot, Grandparents don't exist any more.

“3 words changed my life ”

Since: Nov 07

Location hidden

#17 Mar 22, 2008
its always the race card..why do you think racism still exist? black people perpetuate racism more than anyone else....there was no problem with them having the easter picnic for eons..until they had to have a big rukus last year with guns being fired..IN A RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOOD..if it was my neighborhood, i would do everything i could to stop it regardless.
caca

United States

#18 Mar 22, 2008
can anyone explain me what easter means?what are you guys really celebrating?what a stupid bunny and eggs have to do with it?or at least what a damn rabbit have to do with eggs because they don't lay eggs.
it figures

Saint Augustine, FL

#19 Mar 22, 2008
caca wrote:
can anyone explain me what easter means?what are you guys really celebrating?what a stupid bunny and eggs have to do with it?or at least what a damn rabbit have to do with eggs because they don't lay eggs.
the rabbit and eggs are signs of fertility and rebirth, the original meaning of the celebration of the vernal (spring) equinox, an ancient pagan rite that was "borrowed" by the christian church.(just like most christian holidays, i might add.)
i don't believe it was celebrated with crack and a pistol, though. ;-)
backwoods

Norridgewock, ME

#20 Mar 22, 2008
If I smoke some and shoot at the colored egg and miss.....
Targander

Jacksonville, FL

#22 Mar 22, 2008
We white folks can't get a permit to hold an easter party either yet when we called the news stations they don't want to do a story on us.
Truth Hurts

Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

#23 Mar 22, 2008
Unfortunately the participants in this Easter Party act like out of control animals. I hope the party is canceled & never allowed to disrupt that community again. It's amazing how screwed up things can get when a large crowd of sub-Saharan urban residents decide to throw a "party".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Folkston Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Kenny Finney motorcycleless repair Sun Benscrewd 3
no tax break Aug 27 Frank 9
Cry baby football coach! Aug 26 Lmao 1
Anthony murray Aug 25 Kpain 1
I'm a white male, and I am prejudiced! Aug 25 fearful 2
News Federal Inmates to be Housed at D. Ray James Pr... (Jan '10) Aug 23 tutina 28
Republicans to Trump Where is the cash Aug 23 ignatz 1

Folkston Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Folkston Mortgages