Foley playing politics??

Foley playing politics??

Posted in the Foley Forum

Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#1 Sep 18, 2012
I went to vote today at the Foley Civic Center where everyone in Foley votes. On a table right in the lobby that everyone has to go by to get to the voting booths was a stack of flyers entitled "Invest In Progress" put out by "Invest in Baldwin Schools PAC, 502 W. Lee Avenue, Summerdale, AL. 36580. This flyer was absolute propaganda, encouraging anyone who reads it to vote for the extension of the current additional 1% Baldwin Sales Tax that will be on the ballot in the November 6th voting date. Obviously, Foley is taking sides in favor of this tax. WE, THE TAXPAYERS, have got to vote NO to this extension because it was unfair 3-years ago and was only to be for 3-years at that time. This time, there is no time limit on the extension so it could become permanent. And don't let them fool you by saying that it is just a "penny" increase. IT IS NOT. It is a 1% increase which is a lot more than one-penny. Someone has got to fight this or all of us taxpayers will continue to subsidize the waste in the Baldwin County School System without any results in quality.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#2 Sep 27, 2012
Well look at this...we do agree on something once in a while, very nicely stated.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#3 Sep 27, 2012
FastFred wrote:
Well look at this...we do agree on something once in a while, very nicely stated.
We agree on a lot of things but I don't agree that every Muslim is out to take over this Country any more than I believe that all Baptists are tea-tottlers.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#4 Sep 29, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
We agree on a lot of things but I don't agree that every Muslim is out to take over this Country any more than I believe that all Baptists are tea-tottlers.
This is just one article, there are muslim individuals that have been elected as Senators and they are already talking about doing away with free speech and installing sharia law,you better think twice on this subject as many others should. There is plenty of on the spot information out there that can be obtained, and American people better wake up.
This is not a conspiracy theory, it's fact and happening here now.

http://www.barenakedislam.com/2012/09/28/dear...
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#5 Sep 29, 2012
I read another interesting article by a reporter who wanted to find out where the South and the thinking culture of the South started. He started by randomly interviewing people beginning at the Mason Dixon Line. Then he started South to Orange County, Virginia, then to Warrenton, Virginia and finally somewhere in Virginia south of there. He constantly made notes about why people liked or disliked either Romney or Obama. He was impressed by the fact that as he questioned people as he moved South, there responses became more solidified. More people stated that Obama was a Socialist and that he advocated sharia law. He stopped his trip before he reached North Carolina because he said he was satisfied that he now knew where the South began. Just think, had he continued his journey to Alabama, how strident and ridiculous the views of his random interviewees would have gotten.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#6 Sep 29, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
I read another interesting article by a reporter who wanted to find out where the South and the thinking culture of the South started. He started by randomly interviewing people beginning at the Mason Dixon Line. Then he started South to Orange County, Virginia, then to Warrenton, Virginia and finally somewhere in Virginia south of there. He constantly made notes about why people liked or disliked either Romney or Obama. He was impressed by the fact that as he questioned people as he moved South, there responses became more solidified. More people stated that Obama was a Socialist and that he advocated sharia law. He stopped his trip before he reached North Carolina because he said he was satisfied that he now knew where the South began. Just think, had he continued his journey to Alabama, how strident and ridiculous the views of his random interviewees would have gotten.
This happened the other day in your beloved N.Y.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ny-state-sen-...
FastFred

Foley, AL

#7 Sep 29, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
I read another interesting article by a reporter who wanted to find out where the South and the thinking culture of the South started. He started by randomly interviewing people beginning at the Mason Dixon Line. Then he started South to Orange County, Virginia, then to Warrenton, Virginia and finally somewhere in Virginia south of there. He constantly made notes about why people liked or disliked either Romney or Obama. He was impressed by the fact that as he questioned people as he moved South, there responses became more solidified. More people stated that Obama was a Socialist and that he advocated sharia law. He stopped his trip before he reached North Carolina because he said he was satisfied that he now knew where the South began. Just think, had he continued his journey to Alabama, how strident and ridiculous the views of his random interviewees would have gotten.
I do believe stories about the South are severly exaggerated, and might you ask why ? Because the North was the victor of the war, there for they wrote the History, most half truths, so any time you talk to some one in the South or (me)I will give you facts as I see them, not as the North sees them and bias reporting from the North about the South, and you can bet obama is a socialists, he wants to model this Country after the European Countries, which have been nothing but failures.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#8 Sep 29, 2012
FastFred wrote:
<quoted text>This happened the other day in your beloved N.Y.
http://www.theblaze.com/stories/ny-state-sen-...
"TheBlaze is a conservative news and opinion website and television network owned by American media personality and former CNN Headline News and Fox News host Glenn Beck's Mercury Radio Arts."

Now I understand where you are coming from and being brainwashed by. Try reading and listening to some mainstream news once in a while rather than just quoting Rightwing publications.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#9 Sep 30, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
"TheBlaze is a conservative news and opinion website and television network owned by American media personality and former CNN Headline News and Fox News host Glenn Beck's Mercury Radio Arts."
Now I understand where you are coming from and being brainwashed by. Try reading and listening to some mainstream news once in a while rather than just quoting Rightwing publications.
What I wrote is not a quote from any one, and you can believe me when I say I take a look at all news, than I make my mind up from there, but I also look at " BECK ", and through it all Beck is being known for telling the truth, I believe you could use a little "BECK".
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#10 Sep 30, 2012
"and through it all Beck is being known for telling the truth,"

You wouldn't recognize the truth if it were delivered to you at the end of a 2X4.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for family Tue Zack de la Rocha 2
Foley Music Thread (Jul '14) Jul 22 Musikologist 12
Hospitality jobs Jul 19 ThomasA 2
Place to park an RV Jul 14 NurseB 9
Sean from gulf shores Jul 12 ThomasA 2
Condo parking Jul 11 ThomasA 8
heroin (Jun '14) Jul 11 SNB 67

Foley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Foley Mortgages