Future resident

Euless, TX

#1 Apr 18, 2012
Hey I'm wanting to relocate my family to the foley/gulf shores area with in the next year. Where would be the beat place for my husband an I to find jobs? My husband is going to school to be an electrition and I am an interior designer. We also are looking for apet friendly area to rent with 3 toy poodles.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#2 Apr 18, 2012
Nobody wants someone living next to them with 3-dogs.
future resident

Euless, TX

#3 Apr 18, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
Nobody wants someone living next to them with 3-dogs.
Well I saw in an earlier post by you on how much you love renters and would be excited to have a family with 3 dogs move in next door to you! ;)
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#4 Apr 18, 2012
You move next to me with 3-dogs and you will be fined $5/day for every dog you have over 2. If you have so much love to spread around that you need 3 dogs, then start looking for a farm.
future resident

Euless, TX

#5 Apr 18, 2012
Lol you are funny!$5 a day?!? By who? I don't understand if you dislike people moving there than why don't you move? The foley, orange beach, gulf shores areas are beautiful places for young families to relocate, not all of us are out to "trash" anything!
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#6 Apr 18, 2012
"Lol you are funny!$5 a day?!? By who?"

By the Homeowners Association. You need to realize that developments have to maintain their value for the good of all homeowners and they can't allow someone to run their house like a zoo. Do you walk 3-dogs on a leash and clean up after them during the walk? If so, you are quite busy. Do you have a fenced yard and clean up after them on a daily basis or do you not clean up after them and create an unpleasant odor for your neighbors? Regulations can't be made to accommodate the exceptional homeowner who doesn't 'trash' anything. Regulations have to protect homeowners from those who will 'trash' everything and if the regulation does not affect you than you should not be concerned.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#7 Apr 18, 2012
As far as you getting a rental with 3-dogs, be prepared to either get a very poor rental or pay through the teeth because of your 3-dogs. Most good rentals won't even allow 3-dogs and if they do, they will most likely make you pay up-front to have the place fumigated at the end of your lease and will at least double your security deposit.
future resident

Euless, TX

#8 Apr 18, 2012
And sir that is a price I am willing to pay! But I do believe that should be left to the home owner and tenet. And as far as the $5 a day, if I did allow all that mess I would expect someone to fine me or anyone for that matter. All I asked for was advice on areas that might allow 3 pets.
Methodical

Gulf Shores, AL

#9 Apr 25, 2012
Give me a break, you really need to stop being so judgemental. I thought I had an acerbic personality! You have me beat for sure. BTW, I happen to have moved here a couple years ago, I RENT, have 2 dogs, and walk them both twice a day. I pick up every single bit of poop every time. With plastic bags that are being reused. I then throw them into the dumpster on the apartment property. Does that SHOCK you?
I can understand not wanting your property value to go down nor to live in a "trashy" setting, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. You sound like you could use a more positive outlook.
Don't be crabby, you're at the beach!(almost)
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#10 Apr 26, 2012
"I can understand not wanting your property value to go down nor to live in a "trashy" setting, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. You sound like you could use a more positive outlook."

I'd love to give people the benefit of the doubt but the statistics don't paint a very good picture when it comes to renters in single-family homes. Rental apartments and condos are another story because management takes care of the property. Yes, there are exceptions and there are good renters in single-family homes who do keep the lawn cut and edged and the shrubbery trimmed but the vast majority let the property run down because they don't have a vested interest in it and know that they will want to move on in a short time or live with the fact that the landlord will not renew the lease. I've seen neighborhoods destroyed because owners could not sell their houses and had to rent them to pay the mortgage and renters with kids and pets moved in and did nothing to keep up the property. Then the value of all of the other homes went down and people who would not otherwise ever moved were compelled to practically give their house away just to get out before the development went downhill even more. It is a vicious cycle unfortunately.

Since: Mar 12

United States

#11 Apr 27, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
"I can understand not wanting your property value to go down nor to live in a "trashy" setting, but I tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. You sound like you could use a more positive outlook."
I'd love to give people the benefit of the doubt but the statistics don't paint a very good picture when it comes to renters in single-family homes. Rental apartments and condos are another story because management takes care of the property. Yes, there are exceptions and there are good renters in single-family homes who do keep the lawn cut and edged and the shrubbery trimmed but the vast majority let the property run down because they don't have a vested interest in it and know that they will want to move on in a short time or live with the fact that the landlord will not renew the lease. I've seen neighborhoods destroyed because owners could not sell their houses and had to rent them to pay the mortgage and renters with kids and pets moved in and did nothing to keep up the property. Then the value of all of the other homes went down and people who would not otherwise ever moved were compelled to practically give their house away just to get out before the development went downhill even more. It is a vicious cycle unfortunately.
Do you have any friends? You don't sound like a very happy person
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#12 Apr 27, 2012
Mammadog wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have any friends? You don't sound like a very happy person
Thank you for your concern--I didn't know anyone cared. Yes, I do have friends and even some from Silver Springs.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brett Robinson screwing their employees: 16 hr wantabetterlife 73
Load 'em up! 21 hr my name is luka 5
So I'm white, and I agree that cops... Sun thetruth 4
obama need 2 help!!! Sat Iamangttia 2
Debate: Marijuana - Gulf Shores, AL (Aug '10) Apr 30 TED TURNER 39
Is Fairhope, Alabama a good place to live? (Feb '11) Apr 30 Rawr 29
love foley alabama ! (Jan '09) Apr 30 Guest 44
More from around the web

Foley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE