#22 Aug 7, 2012
concered taxpayer wrote:
City of Foley Debt Under current Leadership:
2007 $21,742,000 million
2008 $21,635,000 million
2009 $20,336,000 million
2010 $31,178,000 million
2011 $36,909,000 million
Increased in Debt of $ 15,167,000 in Million of Dollars.
It time for New Leadership Elect James Wood For Mayor He will Put a stop to the Spending.
Sources Audit Reports From City of Foley Web site. Great Leadership. Thanks Mayor Koniar for putting Foley in Debt. Yes he have done a great job putting Foley in Debt
Si, vote for senior woods. He print me wonderful id's. Maybe he print foley money, no?
simple answer
#23 Aug 16, 2012
NO
Foley fan

Mobile, AL

#24 Aug 18, 2012
Gosh it must be hard to push a campaign based on flat out falsehoods...

Just so you know, 1) a mayor does not have control of the judicial system. 2) the day care AND the adult shop are in the city because they were annexed. They were allowed to go there because they were in unzoned areas of the county with ZERO restrictions. I thank the mayor for annexing that area so that over time they can get it corrected. 3) they have put in a number of sidewalks over the past 4 years and I understand they have developed a long term plan for more. I don't know if any are planned for next year but we will see soon when they vote on next years budget and it's content.

This mayor and council is the best in Baldwin county in my opinion and is why all council are running unoposed and the only competition the mayor has is a kook.
Foley fan

Mobile, AL

#25 Aug 18, 2012
Silly wabbit... That $17m figure is what they project their total debt to be in 2017, not what is due and payable in 2017. Sorry, anyone that can't read a financial report does not qualify for mayor. Or, maybe they can read them but choose to spread lies....

So going from in $36m in 2010 to $17m in 2017 is outstanding. What's your beef?

That same financial report shows the percent of available debt (its called a debt limit for those of you financially limited) and they are only using like 20%. That is fiscal conservativism.

The city is rated AA by S&P which is higher or as high as any local government that is out there.

A shame people don't run on truthful statements.

Since: Aug 08

Foley, AL

#26 Aug 20, 2012
Statements I have heard Mr Woods make:#1 He plans to FIRE everyone at the City!(Just what kind of power does he Think the Mayor has?)#2 He believes Riviera Utilities has too many employees and needs to cut RU staff. Dislikes the corner flowers downtown and parks/recreation for our youth.

From my personal perspective, the current Mayor/Council provides the most transparent, fiscally responsible, forward thinking, open leadership Foley has had in the past 50 years. The good old boy system has been long gone.
Beach walker

United States

#27 Aug 20, 2012
I drove through Foley the other day and all I really saw were;
2nd hand shops, used car lots, adult shops, and tobacco shops.
Junk.......just a lot of junk shops.
Lived ther for several years when it was nicer.
derrick9388

Montgomery, AL

#28 Aug 24, 2012
Woods does not have a chance. He didn't learn his lesson the last time against John when he was spanked.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Looking for family 14 hr Anonymous 1
Foley Music Thread (Jul '14) Jul 22 Musikologist 12
Hospitality jobs Jul 19 ThomasA 2
Place to park an RV Jul 14 NurseB 9
Sean from gulf shores Jul 12 ThomasA 2
Condo parking Jul 11 ThomasA 8
heroin (Jun '14) Jul 11 SNB 67

Foley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance