Confederates free railroad from feder...

Confederates free railroad from federal control

There are 3 comments on the Alabama Live story from Jun 13, 2012, titled Confederates free railroad from federal control. In it, Alabama Live reports that:

"The Vicksburg Whig learns that the Confederates one day last week rescued the New Orleans, Opelousas and Great Western railroad from the enemy, taking several officers and privates prisoners and destroying all the bridges on the road.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Alabama Live.

FastFred

Foley, AL

#1 Jun 16, 2012
Great History!
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#2 Jun 16, 2012
I love reading the Press-Register accounts from yesteryear. I especially like reading about editions from the Civil War years. It's interesting to me to read so many entries that show that life in Mobile was going on pretty much as usual even though the war was raging. I'm looking forward to seeing how these reports evolve as the war gets closer to Mobile--maybe in reports during 1863-1864. I hate seeing the Press-Register go to only a 3-day publication but I understand why.
FastFred

Foley, AL

#3 Jun 18, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
I love reading the Press-Register accounts from yesteryear. I especially like reading about editions from the Civil War years. It's interesting to me to read so many entries that show that life in Mobile was going on pretty much as usual even though the war was raging. I'm looking forward to seeing how these reports evolve as the war gets closer to Mobile--maybe in reports during 1863-1864. I hate seeing the Press-Register go to only a 3-day publication but I understand why.
Go Home Yankee Boy !

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Foley Music Thread (Jul '14) Sat Musikologist 12
Hospitality jobs Jul 19 ThomasA 2
Place to park an RV Jul 14 NurseB 9
Sean from gulf shores Jul 12 ThomasA 2
Condo parking Jul 11 ThomasA 8
heroin (Jun '14) Jul 11 SNB 67
Condo cleaning/ job (Nov '09) Jul 11 TDISMUKES 31

Foley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance