First Prev
of 3
Next Last
An American

Foley, AL

#1 Jul 12, 2012
I recently read this article and it made me sick. Whats wrong with this country anymore?
Heres the article ;

http://olympics.yardbarker.com/blog/olympics/...
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#2 Jul 12, 2012
The high wages that the Unions demanded of our textile industry is to blame.
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#3 Jul 12, 2012
"I am so upset," Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) said during a news conference at Capitol Hill. "I think the Olympic committee should be ashamed of themselves. I think they should be embarrassed. I think they should take all the uniforms, put them in a big pile and burn them and start all over again."

And you and all the Dems that kiss the unions asses should also be on that burning pile. Looks like your chickens have come home to roost.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#4 Jul 12, 2012
"And you and all the Dems that kiss the unions asses should also be on that burning pile. Looks like your chickens have come home to roost."

I hope you are not referring to me because I hate Unions. The Unions are what has sent all of our jobs overseas. I think that Unions ought to be outlawed.
Huh

Foley, AL

#5 Jul 13, 2012
First, why do so many of you have to make everything political?
Second, it's not the unions. A clothing manufacturer right here in this country said if the material was provided they would manufacture the uniforms FOR FREE! They said they would be honored to do it.
I do agree on burning them though because in plain english....they're ugly.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#6 Jul 13, 2012
Huh wrote:
Second, it's not the unions. A clothing manufacturer right here in this country said if the material was provided they would manufacture the uniforms FOR FREE! They said they would be honored to do it.
That's great. One company steps forward and is willing to make a dozen uniforms for free if the material is provided to them. I guess this is the start of all of the fabric mills that used to be in the South coming back to life.
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#7 Jul 13, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
"And you and all the Dems that kiss the unions asses should also be on that burning pile. Looks like your chickens have come home to roost."
I hope you are not referring to me because I hate Unions. The Unions are what has sent all of our jobs overseas. I think that Unions ought to be outlawed.
Not directed at you at all. Unions and the EPA are responsible for sending more jobs overseas than any other cause.
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#8 Jul 13, 2012
Huh wrote:
Because everything we do has political ramifications from the toilet you shit on to the light bulb you turn on in your bathroom. Who was the manufacturer that offered to make the uniforms? Non union? If so, then Big Brother would have stopped it right in it's tracks. Just like the unions trying to stop Boeing from going to SC, a right to work state. If the unions would just go away, unemployment would drop in half.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#9 Jul 13, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Because everything we do has political ramifications from the toilet you shit on to the light bulb you turn on in your bathroom. Who was the manufacturer that offered to make the uniforms? Non union? If so, then Big Brother would have stopped it right in it's tracks. Just like the unions trying to stop Boeing from going to SC, a right to work state. If the unions would just go away, unemployment would drop in half.
Absolutely. Only the lonely need Unions. I worked for Union companies but was not in the Union because I was in management. I saw 1st hand how Unions caused my companies to raise the price on everything they did to cover one ridiculous Union contract after another. The Unions bankrupted the steel industry, the furniture industry, the automobile industry, the shoe industry and are now bringing down one State and Local government after another. I'm happy to see the results in Wisconsin and I hope that it spreads across the Country. Illegal immigrants pale in insignificance when it comes to the damage Unions have done to this Country. If there were no Unions and someone wanted a better job or better pay, then they can do what I did and just quit and find a better job or find a better job and then quit. I did this many times and I didn't need any Union to do my dirty work. Union workers just want everything for nothing and because we are willing to pay more for goods and services, the companies just give the Unions what they want and pass it on to the buyer--or, just close up and go overseas.
ThomasA

Anniston, AL

#10 Jul 13, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Not directed at you at all. Unions and the EPA are responsible for sending more jobs overseas than any other cause.
Not so! The American consumer caused our jobs to go overseas. They reached over domestic products to get to import to save a few pennies not realizing what long term ramifications they were causing. Stores are in business to stock and sell what we buy so they did and the comsumers put us in a downward spiral.It didn't matter to them if a plant closed on the other coast. So what? It didn't matter if a plant closed in the next state.So what? But when it hits home and you or a family member loses their job to outsourcing,the screaming,kicking,finger pointing starts and dumb ass people wonder how it all happened. We CAUSED THE PROBLEM! We turned our backs on the auto industry and bought cute VWs Hondas,Isuzus,Toyotos,Benzs,Ki as,and Nissans from countries who wished us dead in WWII. We won the battles and they won the war! Next time you set foot in a Walmart, you doing your part to keep our economy in the toilet. Peace ya'll!
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#11 Jul 14, 2012
Just remember that the largest retailer in the World is WalMart and they are not Union. Does this tell you something? Are buyers to blame for buying products with the best value? Are Union workers to blame for causing American made products to be priced higher? It is only the frugal buyer that keeps the cost of products down. It is up to the manufacturer to price his products so that they sell. Maybe you are willing to pay more for less, but I am not. That only encourages run-away prices and there is no merit in that. There is no reason that an assembly line worker should be making $50/hour and there is no reason why I should support such a wage by buying that item just to keep him working.
HIFLYR

United States

#12 Jul 14, 2012
The largest shipping company is UPS and they are totaly union and they are a very strong company. Bad management is responsible for a lot of the problems blamed on unions.
Curious

Gadsden, AL

#13 Jul 14, 2012
HIFLYR wrote:
The largest shipping company is UPS and they are totaly union and they are a very strong company. Bad management is responsible for a lot of the problems blamed on unions.
Strong yes, and they are terrible to work for. I was married to a UPS guy and the Teamsters SUCK. As do all unions. And to the people who hate Walmart, if it wasn't for them I'd be walking around naked and starving. Thank God for freedom and choices in the USA as to where and how we spend our money.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#14 Jul 14, 2012
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Strong yes, and they are terrible to work for. I was married to a UPS guy and the Teamsters SUCK. As do all unions. And to the people who hate Walmart, if it wasn't for them I'd be walking around naked and starving. Thank God for freedom and choices in the USA as to where and how we spend our money.
I had a next-door neighbor who worked for UPS. He drove a truck from a UPS depot in Maryland to a UPS depot in Delaware. He did this round-trip once a day and made more money than some lawyers in town. Other than that, he was the laziest man I ever knew--he did nothing else except what I just explained. His wife left him because she got tired of seeing him laying on the sofa watching football games. Yes, the Unions ruined him.
ThomasA

Anniston, AL

#15 Jul 14, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
I had a next-door neighbor who worked for UPS. He drove a truck from a UPS depot in Maryland to a UPS depot in Delaware. He did this round-trip once a day and made more money than some lawyers in town. Other than that, he was the laziest man I ever knew--he did nothing else except what I just explained. His wife left him because she got tired of seeing him laying on the sofa watching football games. Yes, the Unions ruined him.
UPS has balls enough to stand up and demand their workers WORK for their money. They don't allow drivers to "express themselves" with tattoos,long hair,and beards.The guys in the package cars are paid well,have good benefits and bust their tails for the money. That's one company where the tail doesn't wag the dog because if you don't play the game,there's a thousand applicants waiting on your job that will.
ThomasA

Anniston, AL

#16 Jul 14, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
Just remember that the largest retailer in the World is WalMart and they are not Union. Does this tell you something? Are buyers to blame for buying products with the best value? Are Union workers to blame for causing American made products to be priced higher? It is only the frugal buyer that keeps the cost of products down. It is up to the manufacturer to price his products so that they sell. Maybe you are willing to pay more for less, but I am not. That only encourages run-away prices and there is no merit in that. There is no reason that an assembly line worker should be making $50/hour and there is no reason why I should support such a wage by buying that item just to keep him working.
You're one that will be proud of our OLYMPIC team going to the games in their official dress uniforms MADE IN CHINA......cheaper but DISGUSTING!!!!
HIFLYR

United States

#17 Jul 14, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>UPS has balls enough to stand up and demand their workers WORK for their money. They don't allow drivers to "express themselves" with tattoos,long hair,and beards.The guys in the package cars are paid well,have good benefits and bust their tails for the money. That's one company where the tail doesn't wag the dog because if you don't play the game,there's a thousand applicants waiting on your job that will.
Bingo we have a winner good management and union enviroment can exist.
HIFLYR

United States

#18 Jul 14, 2012
Give Me a Break wrote:
<quoted text>
You just sound jealous!
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#19 Jul 14, 2012
ThomasA wrote:
<quoted text>You're one that will be proud of our OLYMPIC team going to the games in their official dress uniforms MADE IN CHINA......cheaper but DISGUSTING!!!!
No, I won't be proud. They are stupid looking and I could not care less where they were made.
Give Me a Break

Foley, AL

#20 Jul 14, 2012
HIFLYR wrote:
<quoted text>
Bingo we have a winner good management and union enviroment can exist.
Until WalMart decides to get into the delivery business in 'Right-to-Work' States and all of a sudden we can ship goods for less than 1/2 what UPS charges so that they can pay the high salaries that the Teamsters demand. Who do you think is paying the premium wage that a UPS truck driver makes just because he is a Teamster. You are, buddy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
U.N to dump more Muslims in the States 3 hr Iamangttia 3
any frisky women out there in summerdale Thu big6d9rick 1
Repeal of EITC in CT Thu Davidth 1
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Wed Annonymous 85
This is what the I-10 Bridge could look like, s... Sep 16 Vonjeston diggs 1
AL Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Alabama i... (Oct '10) Sep 16 Centrist 242
It's geaux time! Louisiana-based Rouses Markets... (Feb '14) Sep 13 thetruth 5
•••
•••
•••

Foley Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Foley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Foley News, Events & Info