hurricane Issiac
Andrew

United States

#1 Aug 24, 2012
I believe Foley and our close neighbors are pretty safe from this storm. Maybe Gulf Shores homes that are right by the water might see some trouble but not that much.. I hope... What do you think? To early to tell i guess.
TheTruth

Dawsonville, GA

#2 Aug 24, 2012
Y'all be careful down there. If you decide to head up this way just come on, the stores here have plenty of bottled water and tuna fish on the shelves. :)
Concerned

Gulf Shores, AL

#3 Aug 25, 2012
I'm not so optimistic about this. City Hall was open today to issue re-entry decals to GS residents. I overheard one of the people issuing the decals say if you're told to evacuate, then get out of town. I don't know that Foley is all that far away. If GS gets hit hard, I don't know that Foley escape damage. I also heard one of the people say that there are no shelters in GS. Now,mind you, this was just something I overheard. I don't know what people do who don't have cars or the means to go anywhere.
need to be concerned

Foley, AL

#4 Aug 26, 2012
if it hits mobile bay or even the mississippi/ bama line from the gulf to 10 will be hit hard G.S. foley. fairhope summerdale.and all point in between. so andrew be ready if its your first. hold on your in for a ride.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Foley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Summer Trace Apartments: The Truth Dec 1 GSA 11
Moving to Gulf Shores (May '11) Nov 27 Shrimpee 141
heroin (Jun '14) Nov 24 Jonny 25
Is Fairhope, Alabama a good place to live? (Feb '11) Nov 22 Susan 30
Foley Music Thread (Jul '14) Nov 21 Musikologist 11
Gulf Shores Arby's Coons (Apr '16) Nov 19 Paul Brown CEO 16
florist Nov 19 thetruth 2

Foley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance