Trick-Or-Treat Nights in the Lehigh Valley -- themorningcall.com

Oct 4, 2007 Read more: The Morning Call 257
Alburtis: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 31 Allentown: 6-8 p.m. Oct. 26 Allen Township: 6-8 p.m. Oct. Read more
Brandi

Whitehall, PA

#178 Oct 31, 2011
This State is Horrible. Im from California and we trick or treat on halloween. Kids go out at dark up until 9 or 10 pm. No restrictions like this area.
disgusted

United States

#179 Oct 1, 2012
You people have nothing better to do than Bitch about Halloween....who cares if lower income families go trick or treating in your prestigious sub burbs. You stay at home mothers have nothing better to do. Ugh I'm sick right now reading all of this.

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#180 Oct 1, 2012
disgusted wrote:
You people have nothing better to do than Bitch about Halloween....who cares if lower income families go trick or treating in your prestigious sub burbs. You stay at home mothers have nothing better to do. Ugh I'm sick right now reading all of this.
Yo, disgusted..Hmmm..HAVE YOU FREAKIN'..LOST YOUR MIND? This thread is from 2007..am sure, by now..the rich folks are OVER this?? YOUR bag of Kit-Kats is waiting for you at Kmart...aisle 5..Blue Light Special!
Jess

United States

#181 Oct 3, 2012
Do all you people really have nothing better to do but sit and complain about were and whe kids tricks or treat get over it its one day!
city mother

Allentown, PA

#182 Oct 5, 2012
coin this saddened wrote:
those of us that are older, remember trick or treating on foot. In town you could cover plenty of ground in one night. with the uncertain criminal element that exists today in are center cities. parents obviously feel safer loading up and trudging their children to the burbs if for not better pickings, but for their children's safety.
yes its about the safety not the candy
ralph2177

United States

#184 Oct 9, 2012
Big E wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry I am from the area ..these hoodlums you speak of..foul mouthed, private property tresspassing, vandalizing, low life just let out of the zoo kids..how old are they? the kids I see trick or treating are around 5-10 yrs old? these "hoodlums" you speak of are they that old? It sounds like you are blowing this a bit out of proportion? maybe?
Yeah for real crying about some damm candy.
sammy

United States

#185 Oct 9, 2012
Who cares if kids go to different neighborhoods . They are just having fun . Besides , it comes once a year . Stop being so up-tight!

Y. O. L .O
sammy

United States

#186 Oct 9, 2012
disgusted wrote:
**i feel ya!
Prestigious sub burbs

Emmaus, PA

#187 Oct 10, 2012
disgusted wrote:
I care, my neighbors care, we aren't here to provide candy to every welfare child out of Allentown. You live in the getto stay in the getto
Veronica Vandersnooty

Emmaus, PA

#188 Oct 10, 2012
Jess wrote:
Do all you people really have nothing better to do but sit and complain about were and whe kids tricks or treat get over it its one day!
Jess I'll answer that question, I can't have my butler running to the door every five minutes to give candy to some Allentown children. Way to much of my tax money has gone to rebuild public housing
california is a dump

Kingston, PA

#189 Oct 10, 2012
Brandi wrote:
This State is Horrible. Im from California and we trick or treat on halloween. Kids go out at dark up until 9 or 10 pm. No restrictions like this area.
yeah, right----you left california cause of all the mexicans killing people.

then you came to this area for all the peurto ricans killing people.

and you're probably guatamalen.
california is a dump

Kingston, PA

#190 Oct 10, 2012
sammy wrote:
Who cares if kids go to different neighborhoods . They are just having fun . Besides , it comes once a year . Stop being so up-tight!
Y. O. L .O
puerto rican day parade comes once a year too---though every day is puetro rican day in downtown a-town.
california is a dump

Kingston, PA

#191 Oct 10, 2012
yo, yo, yo, all dem bros and beitches from da 7th street hood be cummin yur way to dem white suburbs, and we be bringin our spanish speakin honeys with us, yo!
Joe bean 1695

United States

#192 Oct 12, 2012
Trick or treating this year has been cancled due to tax raises and income rivalrys
Yo Yo Homey

Emmaus, PA

#193 Oct 14, 2012
california is a dump wrote:
yo, yo, yo, all dem bros and beitches from da 7th street hood be cummin yur way to dem white suburbs, and we be bringin our spanish speakin honeys with us, yo!
I be glad da boyz from da hood gots to use dat public transportation nun does run in da burbs. so homey gots to walk in da baggy drawers he does wear and thatz ain't no easy task. We ain't gonna be cruzin da burbs cuz we ain't gots no ride, man
mommy

Allentown, PA

#194 Oct 18, 2012
wow some of u people are so closed minded and down right ignorant. ever think that some people have to take their kids farther just so there kids can trick or treat just due to people not handing out candy near thier houses!!! its for the kids people geeezzzz!
Veronica Vandersnooty

Emmaus, PA

#195 Oct 18, 2012
mommy wrote:
wow some of u people are so closed minded and down right ignorant. ever think that some people have to take their kids farther just so there kids can trick or treat just due to people not handing out candy near thier houses!!! its for the kids people geeezzzz!
So geeeezzzze Mommy its the "better" neighborhoods that should be inundated with countless children from every where else BUT the neighborhood they are tricker treating in?
Stay in YOUR neighborhood the burbs don't give better candy or more of it, its only a rumour started by welfare mommies
mommy

Marcus Hook, PA

#196 Oct 18, 2012
Veronica Vandersnooty wrote:
<quoted text>So geeeezzzze Mommy its the "better" neighborhoods that should be inundated with countless children from every where else BUT the neighborhood they are tricker treating in?
Stay in YOUR neighborhood the burbs don't give better candy or more of it, its only a rumour started by welfare mommies
first of all dont assume that everyone is on welfare. that just shows ur ignorance. maybe u should save ur money on the candy that ur complaining about giving out to children and buy urself some class cause clearly u have none.the only difference between u and the kinda of people u r trying to complain about is that u may have money and they dont but clearly u are just as ghetto as u r assuming they r. if ur are going to complain about giving the candy then dont and save ur trash talk and ur money. its people like u that make things the way they r and only make things harder on the kids. its a damn shame
Vernoica Vandersnooty

Emmaus, PA

#197 Oct 19, 2012
mommy wrote:
<quoted text>
first of all dont assume that everyone is on welfare. that just shows ur ignorance. maybe u should save ur money on the candy that ur complaining about giving out to children and buy urself some class cause clearly u have none.the only difference between u and the kinda of people u r trying to complain about is that u may have money and they dont but clearly u are just as ghetto as u r assuming they r. if ur are going to complain about giving the candy then dont and save ur trash talk and ur money. its people like u that make things the way they r and only make things harder on the kids. its a damn shame
No its MOMMY"s like you that give decent neighborhoods a bad name. I don't need your little germ infested children bothering me in my upper class neighborhood. I'm sure they get enough candy in their daycare center. The problem is children these days have little proper training. But, that I suppose comes from being dropped off at daycare all day every day, while Mommy goes to work. What ashame the lower class vinyl sided Mcmansion types can't live within their means and raise their children properly. Now, I'm forced every Halloween to endure the masses of children NOT even from my neighborhood infesting it for a bit of candy.
I suppose teaching your children that going from one nighborhoood to another for a bit of candy is being greedy, a bit rude and isn't right is to much to ask.
You're such a good mother for teaching your children GREED is OK, if you're wearing a costume.
Happy Halloween

Bethlehem, PA

#198 Oct 19, 2012
Trick or treating is a tradition and has been for a long time. I use to enjoy seeing kids in their costumes at my front door, but I don't answer any more. The last few years I've had more teens at my door then young children. Some of these teens looked much older and would stretch their necks to see into my living room, even coming back 2 or 3 times. It's almost as if they were "casing" and trying to get a view of the inside of my house, rather then wanting the candy. That gave me pause for concern. Call me paranoid, but in these times, I'm not about to risk my safety to hand out candy to a few little children. I feel bad about that because it's suppose to be a fun time for the little ones, but I have to consider the fact that it's possible that my safety could be at risk by opening my door to strangers. These days, I don't open unless I absolutely know who it is - friends and family.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fogelsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to make a Hess's Strawberry Pie (Jun '09) Apr 13 Vib_Ram 61
Is your office chair helping or hindering your ... (Oct '11) Apr 9 Gerald Vonberger 2
News Tall order? Upper Macungie officials raise conc... Apr 8 Whacky Macky 1
News A wilting Pennsylvania Dutch tradition: ham and... Mar 28 Fannie Pak 1
Review: Jetson Specialty Marketing Services Inc (Dec '12) Mar 18 22456ahh 6
News Tamaqua drug sweep nets 20 (Jun '14) Mar '15 Richard Kranium 40
News Allentown City Council approves appointment of ... Dec '14 silly rabbit 1

Fire Warning for Lehigh County was issued at April 18 at 3:12AM EDT

More from around the web

Fogelsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]