Tattoo expo to leave mark on the Vall...

Tattoo expo to leave mark on the Valley -- Arts and Culture, Le...

There are 140 comments on the The Morning Call story from Apr 3, 2008, titled Tattoo expo to leave mark on the Valley -- Arts and Culture, Le.... In it, The Morning Call reports that:

At The Quillian tattoo and piercing shop on 19th Street in Allentown, owner and artist Steve Lemak bears witness to a growing phenomenon.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
SmokersAreLosers

AOL

#1 Apr 3, 2008
Just what we need!

Tatoos as soooo HICK !!
Joe

Dublin, PA

#2 Apr 3, 2008
How many infections from this "expo"?
Hepatitis, staph infections. Oh well everyone must choose their path.
Heather

Whitehall, PA

#3 Apr 3, 2008
Yay, finally something around here!! SKIN FLIX rocks.(Northampton PA) Anyways, as for the negative comments above, you obviously have no idea how clean some tattoo places actually are. You are just stereo typing. Until you have been there and actually see for yourself, you should do what your mama told you to do: "unless you have something nice to say, don't say anything at all!!". I was as you were, now that I have been there, I have nothing bad to say at all. In fact I am going for tattoo #5 (that is 5 in 5 months) next week!!
(HI MR BILL AND NEIL)
Mike

United States

#4 Apr 3, 2008
I use Skin Flix too, John is the only goon I'll ever have tattoo me, love his work.

Yes, they have no idea....walking into SF is like walking into a hospital, smells sterile...never an infection....or anything else. You only get diseases from poorly run shops who don't care about the customer or in prison.
dfki

Allentown, PA

#5 Apr 3, 2008
Tattoos are trashy and gross and maybe some of these people think they look good, but they just look worse as people get older and flabbier. It's sad that people are dumb enough to do that to themselves.
heh

Bethlehem, PA

#6 Apr 3, 2008
Joe wrote:
How many infections from this "expo"?
Hepatitis, staph infections. Oh well everyone must choose their path.
probably cleaner than your doctors office
Angi from Allentown

Harrisburg, PA

#7 Apr 3, 2008
This is awesome that there is finally going to one in the area! HELLBOUND TATTOO will be there showing off his amazing talent as well!! HB Represent!!
pretty woman

AOL

#8 Apr 3, 2008
johnny law did my tattoo and i was never ever worried i would pick up any infection..and i work in healthcare so i know!!!
OMG

Allentown, PA

#9 Apr 3, 2008
Tattoos are trashy.. they pollute the body that the good Lord gave us... the people that get them are grown up teens looking for more attention ... I know many people with them and they can't put food or clothes out there for their kids but they'll go drop a hundred or two hundred bucks on a tat...
Angi

Harrisburg, PA

#11 Apr 3, 2008
OMG wrote:
Tattoos are trashy.. they pollute the body that the good Lord gave us... the people that get them are grown up teens looking for more attention ... I know many people with them and they can't put food or clothes out there for their kids but they'll go drop a hundred or two hundred bucks on a tat...
hahaha. And as well I know many people who have tattos who are nurses, school teachers, pharmacists, doctors, Engineers etc. And who are very successful as my self...Keep your judgement to yourself, This world is what you make it. If you dont like it, turn the other cheek. We dont bash you and look at you different because you like something we dont. You wanna talk about the good Lord, know his word and know that your soul is not as clean as you think. Your judging right now, read the book of "John" Only GOD can judge us and to him we will answer. Not judgemental people like yourself.. Hope you have a great day OMG
Herman

Coplay, PA

#12 Apr 3, 2008
Tattoos are white trash.
oh please

Slatington, PA

#13 Apr 3, 2008
I like show time....love love joe
a reader

United States

#14 Apr 3, 2008
OMG wrote:
You obviously know tarts who don't know how to prioritize their lives. Tattoos do not pollute the body the Lord gave us, they often glorify the Lord not only in his image but also by placing a record of our life experience on our bodies, in remembrance and reverance of this life experience the Lord gave us.

I got a tatoo several years ago, and most people who know me have no idea I have one. It was not for attention, it is not trashy, it is a symbol of a very important live event. For me, nobody else.

I am THRILLED there is going to be an expo and I fully plan on being there.
Puddles

United States

#16 Apr 3, 2008
OMG wrote:
Where are you or what do you do that you're around peolpe who prioritize like that? And worse, how is it that you group people who have tattoos in with them? Sounds fishy to me...
gretty_d

Easton, PA

#17 Apr 3, 2008
skinflix rocks! I am going for #5 on the 12th. Mr. Bill has done all mine as well as mu husband's. It's very clean and the people are great. I wish I could make it to the expo.

MTW all my tats are easily coverd and tasteful. And those judgemental people. Shut up. We don't pick on what YOU do or don't do.
anon

United States

#18 Apr 3, 2008
mine are beautiful, special, and all mean something to me and represent a period of my life. i've done a lot of spiritual and emotional healing through them, as well. and all by people i know and trust personally. two are hand done needle and ink- they aren't conventionally beautiful- but they are beauty to me. the other is professionally done by a friend who means so much to me- and is an ongoing project...there is no done... when i have money and a need for some work, i get some done. i don't do as a teen for attention either- they're generally covered up. you don't have to look at them.

don't force your opinion. it's a personal choice. tattooing and body piercing have been around for ages. as the third comment said- if nothing nice to say, don't say anything. everything in moderation. what you think of someone, they might think of you. live and let live.

Since: May 07

Whitehall, PA

#19 Apr 3, 2008
Tattooing is an incredible art form. As an artist, I am in awe of someone who can tattoo. When I draw and make a mistake, I can erase it. When I paint, I can cover up what I don't like. When I design on the computer, I can remove elements. When you tattoo, you can't mess up. You've got to respect that.

And, no, I don't have any myself (deathly afraid of needles!!).
RonMania

Washington, DC

#20 Apr 3, 2008
Anything to keep the uneducated masses busy!!
sey1

Coplay, PA

#21 Apr 3, 2008
i am the owner of hellbound tattoo in bethlehem pa...there will be alot of incredible artists at this event....before you judge people atleast educate yourself about the quality of art work...i think you would be surprised ....some incredibly talented folks will be there
Capt-M117

Allentown, PA

#22 Apr 3, 2008
I have no opinion on tattoos other than being a waste of money. So big deal, you have a picture of some gross character on your chest (or where ever). Just think of the things you have bought with that money. But now it's gone and all you have to show for it is a tattoo that will only fade or get ugly as you grow older.

And what's with the girls putting them on their back at the waist band level? They can't see it and don't like it when men look at it. So why get it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fogelsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News State faculty union leaders take a step toward ... Sep 17 got 2
News Woman caught in compromising position outside Wawa Sep 8 silly rabbit 3
News Texting may cause neck and spine injury (Nov '14) Aug '16 Anonymous 123
Hillary clinton IRS investigation Jul '16 Norman VN 1
Easy money Jul '16 Shell2142015 1
News Woman couldn't avoid hitting former Parkland co... (Jun '08) May '16 My sister 130
News Macungie martial arts instructor charged with i... (Sep '11) May '16 Law guy 5

Fogelsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fogelsville Mortgages