State police DUI arrests up statewide...

State police DUI arrests up statewide, down in Lehigh Valley

There are 2 comments on the The Morning Call story from May 11, 2010, titled State police DUI arrests up statewide, down in Lehigh Valley. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

State police report they made more drunken driving arrests last year, helping to reduce the number of alcohol-related crashes and deaths.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

“Uzi Does It”

Since: Nov 08

UZILAND

#1 May 11, 2010
"Throughout Pennsylvania, state police made a record 16,900 arrests for driving under the influence, an increase of 4 percent over 2008. The number of DUI accidents in the state dropped 1 percent to 4,625.

"Our troopers are helping to save lives by cracking down hard on those who drink and drive," state police Commissioner Frank Pawlowski said today. Alcohol-related fatalities were down 14 percent, from 161 in 2008 to 141 in 2009, he said."

Frank is either a liar or he's being ill informed by his handlers. He can not prove his assertion of a link between DUI arrests and traffic fatalities.
Peachy

Greencastle, PA

#2 May 12, 2010
Job well done an increase of 4%. Hopefully when Pa.'s new immigration bill passes we will see as much attention,directed to this.I think a goal of 16,900 arrests of illegal immigrants is a great place to start.Look at the criminal element it would eliminate,and tax dollars saved to the state.Frank when Rendell leaves office,I know you can get this done.Just set up check -points, like for d.u.i. except no papers, no green card, your deported.You guys can do this- Go P.S.P.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fogelsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How to make a Hess's Strawberry Pie (Jun '09) Jul 2 nancywatson123 62
News Tamaqua board fills vacancies Jun 14 sharing the love 2
News Texting may cause neck and spine injury (Nov '14) May '15 Randy Bradford 18
Is your office chair helping or hindering your ... (Oct '11) Apr '15 Gerald Vonberger 2
News Tall order? Upper Macungie officials raise conc... Apr '15 Whacky Macky 1
News A wilting Pennsylvania Dutch tradition: ham and... Mar '15 Fannie Pak 1
Review: Jetson Specialty Marketing Services Inc (Dec '12) Mar '15 22456ahh 6
More from around the web

Fogelsville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Fogelsville Mortgages