Valley mom, daughter, N.J. woman are ...

Valley mom, daughter, N.J. woman are crash victims

There are 219 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jun 5, 2007, titled Valley mom, daughter, N.J. woman are crash victims. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

The Third Avenue Playground in Hellertown was Courtney Achey's home. She shot hoops, drank her trademark 7-Eleven Coca-Cola Slurpees and hung out with her friends there nearly every day after Saucon Valley ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
WhyDontTheyDoThi s

Augusta, NJ

#217 Jun 7, 2007
On I-80 W towards Williamsport they have temporary rumble strips on the road to get your attention in construction zones. That should be required in ALL construction zones like this! Every night I hear the constant 'jake braking' of trucks behind my house that are going wayyy too fast where they're doing that construction. Those strips would've woken that guy up...:(
kathy65

United States

#218 Jun 8, 2007
WhyDontTheyDoThis wrote:
On I-80 W towards Williamsport they have temporary rumble strips on the road to get your attention in construction zones. That should be required in ALL construction zones like this! Every night I hear the constant 'jake braking' of trucks behind my house that are going wayyy too fast where they're doing that construction. Those strips would've woken that guy up...:(
they have those strips on 22 east before the curves in Easton
Memories are never lost

Quentin, PA

#219 Jun 8, 2007
steelersrule wrote:
<quoted text>
You took my words exactly. This is a HORRIBLE tragedy but WHAT is a 16 year old boy doing dating a 13 year old girl????
What's your problem? What does the age difference matter? Two precious people were lost on Sunday, and everyone's lives were affected. Especially the lives of Courtney’s family, friends, AND her 16 year old boyfriend. They cared about each other and were together because of that! Why can't you see that?
Chrisann Harley-Lewert

Easton, PA

#220 Jun 8, 2007
I'm soooo sorry for the loss of your beloved daughter & wife, grand-daughter & sister to Allison. My sincere and heartfelt condolences go out to the Achey's & Moslosky families. You all don't know of me, but, Tricia and I were friends in school and graduated with one another but we've lost touch over the years. As I remember her, she was a very special and nice person and fun to be around. Our prayers are with you all at this sad time. Just remember to look to the Lord for your strength and light to see you through each day and may the warmth of the sun help you to know Tricia and Courtney are safe and at peace and smiling down on you all. Take Care and God Bless.
[email protected]
Jodiee

Northampton, PA

#221 Aug 10, 2007
Hello world.
my name is jodie and courtney was my bestfreind. and to everyone who says the driver was a horibble person and shoudl go to jail. what would that help. its not bringin my friend back. i miss her and i cant forgive that driver. but he mad a mistake. he was wronge veryt wronge but it was an honest mistake. god takes the best young and that girl was the best friend i could have ever asked for. its been over 2 months and the world has forgotten it but i dont. i miss her more everyday. i didnt know her mom that well but she always helpped court and ali. well im gonna go now but cja && taa you to reast in peace. your my angels and i love you so much.
my heart is dedicated to you.
<33yourrr friends forever
Potter

Adamstown, PA

#222 Oct 29, 2007
Courtney we all miss you very much, no one will be the same without you. you were the best person a person could know. R.I.P.
long time best friend

United States

#223 Dec 6, 2007
"life is too short, so take the time & appriciate"
WHAT CRAP

Nashville, TN

#224 Dec 6, 2007
long time best friend wrote:
"life is too short, so take the time & appriciate"
This happened 6 months ago...did you have amnesia then ???
i miss her

Skippack, PA

#225 Apr 9, 2008
confirmation class without you is not the same. just thinking that you would have been confirmed this year tears me apart. i can see the tears in everyones eyes when your name is mentioned. i know we should stay strong, but it is unimagionably hard. we miss you courtney and you are forever in our hearts.
courtney i miss you bby

Hellertown, PA

#226 Apr 20, 2008
courtney jo achey; she was a truely amazing friend. she knew how to treat people with respect. she never judged and made friends with all. she was a truely amazing friend. everyone misses her and her mommy. court and trish will always be in out hearts.

i cry myself to sleep
lie and tell myslef it will be okay
when i know it wont
cja left us with broken hearts
but the most amazing memories <3
when i heard you died
i cried and cried
i thought the tears would bring you back
but they didnt
then i prayed and prayed that god would bring you back, but that didnt happen
then i relized
if god took you away
he must have really needed you.
i just cant figure it out
why did he need you
i need you more
we all do.
the birthdays and the partys you missed
i wish you were back; as i cry now

they played your song at the dance
i cried while i danced with a boy.
he asked whats wrong and i ran away and hid in the bathroom for the next few songs.
my friends sat with me
and we cried
the princaple told us to come out
but we didnt move.
i miss you bby

PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ COME BACK!!!!!!!!1
I MEED YOU
I LOVE YOU
I WISH FOR YOU
I PRAY FOR YOU
BUT ONE THING I CANT D
IS HUG YOU ='[

love you bby gurl
rip court and trish

Allentown, PA

#227 May 13, 2008
courtney i miss you so much i cant't believe your gone. it feels like just yesterday we had our birthday party together!
i love you and i miss you
RIP
classmate

Sharon Hill, PA

#228 Jun 1, 2008
ok if your going to trash courtney
just get off this site now. we dont care.
no one cares what you think about her boyfriend
the important thing was they loved eachother.

we all really miss courtney a lot. tuesday is the one year mark. it really doesnt feel like a year at all. it feels like just last week at her funeral and at the veiwing. no one will ever forget her. i keep coming across pictures of us in first grade cheerleading, or at the dances. i really wish we could have been better friends, but it breaks my heart to see all of her bestfriends cry about it. we love her and miss her so much. i dont think we will be able to make it through tuesday without court.

but seriously if your going to say all this crap
about courtney just think of it in your own shoes.
what if some one you knew and cared about passed away, and your whole entire grade was hystaricaly upset, and you see people saying mean things about the person? just keep those comments to yourself please. it hurts even more to see those comments here.

courtney taught us all that tomorrow is never gaurenteed to anyone. i think weve all learned the value of life from her. thanks court we all love you and miss you terribly. help us get through tuesday<3
sum1awesome

Allentown, PA

#229 Jun 13, 2008
well,lets hope Courtney & her Mom rest in peace. they were both great, friendly,kind people. we are all gonna miss them dearly.
sv student

United States

#230 Jul 12, 2008
FIx It wrote:
My condolences to the family and friends of these two wonderful ladies.
Please keep this truck driver in your prayers. His family and he are going through their own he11.
No one knows the circumstance he was under. Did he receive a call telling him his wife was in the hospital and he was doing his best to get back quickly (such as my own husband experienced?)
Did he express concern to his boss about the hours of service he had left; only for the boss to give him a week off without pay so that the subject would never be brought up again (just like my husband again)?
So many posts about "what comes around, goes around" and how he intended to do this on purpose. What sour hearts you've nutured. Thankfully, one day the same yardstick will be used to measure you.
why should us who love courtney and trish pray for the truck driver who aperentley had to lie about his time on the rode so he could get to where he needed to faster and didn't know that there was trafic? so he is right now the last person iwant to pray for! And i know he tried to help them out of the blazing car but he killed them i will never forget trish and court. i loved them so much and will always have a special place in my heart!
A friend

Hellertown, PA

#231 May 5, 2009
I was with her the night before i was told in school i fell to the ground not because i lost a best friend but because the world lost some one who could have made a difference and the little time she was with us she did and she mad it in to all of our hearts i love you Courtney achey i love you
old friend

Allentown, PA

#232 Dec 16, 2009
courtney achey was a very good friend of mine before i had moved. we played basketball together for a couple of years. she was a very determined player and always made the best out of everything. she could warm any body up with her beautiful smile that she had. i just recently went to a saucon football game due to my school vs saucon and i saw how they have the baseball feild named after her. i went to go see it before i got to the game. it is nice to see that people remember her and her presense. my deepest thoughts and love goes to the achey family.
sincerely,
old friend :)
Softball Friend

Easton, PA

#233 May 3, 2010
its been a few years now and i miss you terribly. we werent superduper close but we were to a point. i miss you so much, you werent mean to anyone and ive changed my ways alot to make it so i try to be nice to everyone as well, it doesnt always work like the way you did..but i am trying. im so sorry courtney i miss you and so does everyone else, i wish you wouldnt have gone, i hope you and your mother are both living in an amazing paradise, i love you girl :...(
Joey

Spring, TX

#234 Nov 28, 2010
Honestly I loved this girl since I walked into kindergarten at saucon. We were In the same class since from K thru 5th grade and I always had the biggest crush on her and she was my closest friend that was a girl. Our sisters were really close. When I moved away and got that phone call the day she was taken I didn't know wether it was a horrible nightmare or real. Miss you Courtney :(
Joey

Spring, TX

#235 Nov 28, 2010
And really guys I read how you can't forgive the driver? As much as I miss Courtney everyday it was a part of gods plan this was not an accident. I think instead if not ever forgiving this driver you should learn to forgive unless you think that Courtney would want you to hold that against him forever...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Fogelsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Heart project beat the odds 11 hr Telefony 3
Hot dog Sep 18 Okay 1
News Lawsuit accuses Advance Auto Parts of racial di... (Sep '08) Sep 11 Natermaztervader 56
News Chesco Vet Accused of Animal Cruelty (Jul '06) Sep 7 John 245
News Allentown Fair's new contests and demonstrations Aug 26 weaponX 1
News What About Bobby Bones? Aug 22 We Want Bobby 8
News 16-year-old convicted in accidental shooting of... Jul '17 weaponX 4

Fogelsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Fogelsville Mortgages