Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 11, 2013

Judged:

The Billing and Collections dept is ridiculous. Especially if you deal with Jaceqlyn or Heather. My dad passed away and I had to pay for the funeral cost out of pocket myself. I asked them for a 3 day extension on my payment and they told me no. So I had to come in the same day with payment. I paid by check for 2 vehicles. The check bounced. Well duh because I told them I needed 2 more days and they wanted me to bring the car back. Over 2 days!!! So I went to make good on the payment today and they wanted cash, which is not what Heather told me on the phone. Who sits in Jackie's office and gets mad when you call her Jackie. Then sit in your own office with the name Heather. She tries to get very literal and uses the bitchy woman syndrome to get her way and use collection tactis to scare you. When I told her that I could have cash payment there before they close at 6, she told me no I had to have it there by noon. I work 6-6 and I was already there and had to leave again in order to make all this work. I was on my lunch break and she wanted me to go out of my way to my bank and bring the money back right then and there by noon. I was in her office at 10am and I work 20 miles away. I am paid hourly and I had to get back to work. I told her my wife would drop the payment off to her by end of day. Low and behold my wife is enroute to make the payment and they reposess my car from work and I have to pay $300 to them now because of 2 hours difference. Heather did it on purpose because she could and just wanted to stick it to me. So now all of my payments are caught up but I can't have my car now until I pay $300 reposess fee. That wasn't done by a towing company, just one of their guys that came to get my car in the parking lot at work.$300 is a bit steep for a 20 mile ride and using my gas. I work in the banking industry and I can tell you this is the worst I have ever heard of or dealt with and I will go to my grave telling everyone to stay away. I have reported Jim Butner and Clarksville Auto to BBB and posted them in every surrounding Topix forum to let people know to stay away!!!!!!
Not a Butfukners Customer

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2013

Judged:

They don't seem to be well liked guess I will PASS on them. Reading all these comments other than obviously the ones their empolyees are posting nobody seems to like them. And whats that hillbillys name Bo? on those stupid commercials damn I am sick of those makes me turn the channel when I see them. Hi my name is little Country Jake my Daddy Big Country Jake has been stiffing people selling them junk cars for pert near 50 years and now I am striving to keep you in debt long after that rust bucket you bought from us has been re-popped, re-sold, and rusting in the junk yard where we found it.:-)

Do yourself a favor don't be a dumbass keep your money in your pocket and move on.
Those stupid commercals

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2013

Judged:

TURINING THE ChANNEL...TIRED OF THOSE DUMBASS COMMERCIALS
Big mistake

Wessington Springs, SD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2013

Judged:

Don't mess with Jim Butners. Keep driving by and don't stop.
Onlooker

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 4, 2013

Judged:

Whoever is desperate enough to buy a car from Butners, write on the sales contract "I will record all phone calls I make to Jim Butner Auto" and do just that. Record every phonecall. You have fulfilled your legal obligation to let them know that you are recording the calls so you can't be charges with repo's when they lie to you.
stay away

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 7, 2013

Judged:

Save your money and stay away from this place they are a lieing back stabbing piece of shit company and people I haven't bought a car from them but was in a car when a friend of mine was talking to them and told butners that she wouldn't be able to pay until she got paid.. I clearly heard stacey tell her that was fine..and that it wasn't a big deal and that they would see my friend on pay day to make her paymant. Welk I'm here to tell you people butners straigjt lied to my friend.. 3 days later 1 day befote payday they repoe her car and my friend lost her job for being late a job she just started and was on 90 day probation so now my friend was told she would have to pay a 300 dollar repo fee CASH OF COURSE then was told she woild have to pay her payment. Now if that isn't some bullshit I don't know what is young lil punk butner is makein it large and watching people suffer and struggle but that's ok karma's a bitch and what goes around will surely come around.. its just a matter of time
They are CRAP

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Never will I buy from them again!
Brian

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 12, 2013

Judged:

I have a good car from them and have never been late on a payment. The service I got was excellent and they do report to the credit agencies if you tell them to. However they are very quick to repo, MY SALESMAN TOLD ME THAT UPFRONT. Bottom line do not be late even one day on your payments. You can tell they are repo happy by the piece of paper on one of the receptionists computer screens. It says REPO!! or at least it did the last time I was there. I do have to say that I have recommended them to people but I also tell them if they tend to be late making any payments to steer clear of them. Let me be clear though I got a good car from them.
postup

Plainfield, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 13, 2013

Judged:

Dealing with Butners, prolly means you can't buy a car anywhere else, so you should be well aware of their tactics upfront. They have heard every sob story in the book and they stay in business by following the procedures that they have. If they were repossessing cars illegally there would be charges filed. There are other dealerships out there and the buy here pay here business is very strict and not very forgiving. So I guess you can play by their rules or pay the consequences. Oh and by the way I am not an employee, I'm someone who buys cars elsewhere.
Anonymous

Shelbyville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 12, 2013

The way they make there money is by garnishing people I got a car from them.... It broke down on me I couldn't afford to have it fixed!! I lost my job I need the car to get back an forth to work! They came an took the car. Now Im trying to get my life back together and there garnishing my wages for 6,000 plus $ I will never see the car again not that I want to! My point is there crocks and the law allows them to be I'm going to be homeless because of Jim butner auto seals please don't buy for these crocks you'll be sorry just like I am!!
Tonya

Sellersburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

These people are extremely nice when you're talking about buying a car, but after that they are extremely rude. I will NEVER go to this lot again. They sell you overpriced cars and make it seem like by care about their customers when they don't. These are cold hearted people who don't car if they're screwing people over or not. They simply care about making money and that's it. Don't go to this car lot.
Jim

Sellersburg, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2014

Do NOT buy from this lot. 2 weeks after I got a car from here, it decided to break down on me. I had to pay for it to fixed ON TOP of the car payments. They act like they care about their customers but they don't. They're all a bunch of grimy, selfish human beings.
Daura

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2014

DO NOT, i repeat, DO NOT BUY A CAR FROM HERE!!! IF YOU ARE ANYWHERE NEAR THIS CAR LOT TURN AND WALK AWAY!!!! My fiancee was on the side of the highway broke down and this was his outlet. He had a friend drive him to this lot and he got a car in trade for his car. in trade for his 01 vw they took off a thousand dollars but we were landed with a $13,000 01 Honda accord. He was suppose to make payments every other Monday and after the car was halfway paid off, one Monday it was a holiday and they were not open so he could not pay, the next day we woke up to the car being gone, We freaked out thinking the car had been stolen, we called them and they confessed saying they repoed the car for 1 day being late. 1 DAY!!! We asked how we can get it back and they wanted to charge $600 for all the repoing and late fees. We told them they are a bunch of bullshit crooks and they can keep their shitty car because it was starting to deteriorate anyways. When we went to get our stuff some money i had hidden in the car for emergency had been pocketed out of my wallet by whoever cleaned the car out and they went through every single thing. Opened mail, opened my wallet, Etc. They are nothing but lying thieving scum-baggy crooks. STAY AWAY!!! STAY FAR FAR FAR AWAY!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Floyds Knobs Discussions

Search the Floyds Knobs Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Theatre X (Mar '11) 15 hr frank 90
Archie Montgomery Jul 20 blueeyedfemale 1
Preston Walters penius (Oct '12) Jul 17 handy andy 3
3 arrested for indecent exposure at Theatair X (Nov '13) Jul 17 handy andy 4
ISO - dorm room stuff Jul 14 queenofhearts4 1
Review: Red Ball Recycling Jul 13 Terry 1
Kilt girls Jul 12 Stretch Hardstrong 1
•••
•••