Justice For David Camm

Justice For David Camm

There are 8249 comments on the Topix story from Dec 11, 2008, titled Justice For David Camm. In it, Topix reports that:

WE CONTINUE TO FIGHT FOR: THE ADMISSION OF EVIDENCE JUSTICE FOR KIM, BRAD & JILL FREEDOM FOR DAVID CAMM THE TRUTH...THE SIMPLE TRUTH On September 28, 2000, Kimberly, Bradley, and Jill Camm were shot to death in the Camm family garage, located in Georgetown, Indiana, just a few miles from Louisville, Kentucky. The Indiana State Police (ISP) responded to the scene, as did the local prosecutor, Stanley Faith, who called for the assistance of a blood stain and crime scene re-constructionist. Three days after the crimes occurred, the husband of Kim and the father of Jill and Brad, David Camm, was arrested. In early 2002 David Camm was convicted of their murders and sentenced to 195 years in the Indiana Department of Corrections. Case solved. Case closed. In August, 2004, the Indiana Court of Appeals overturned Camm's conviction. Camm got a new trial. In November, 2004, Prosecutor Keith Henderson recharged Camm after having a "Fresh Eyes" team re-investigate the crime. Camm was re-charged. In March, 2005, another man, Charles Darnell Boney, was charged with murder and conspiracy to commit murder. Camm was re-charged with Boney. In February, 2006, Boney was convicted and sentenced to 225 years in prison. Camm was convicted in March, 2006, and sentenced to life in prison without parole. Case solved. Case closed. Those are the facts of this case. Well, at least a few facts. Most people in the metropolitan area of Louisville are convinced that David Camm is a molester and murderer. They are convinced that Charles Boney helped him in some shape, manner, or form. There are those who know many more facts that are thoroughly convinced of David Camm's innocence and continue to fight for him and his family.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Topix.

Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6655 Jan 5, 2013
Shake-N-Bake wrote:
<quoted text>
Lets start with the prosecutions first blood expert that said he was an expert on blood spatter and yet recanted and said he lied and didn't have any training. Need more? Why wasn't a sweatshirt tested for DNA in a triple homicide that was found at the crime scene. What you say you want more? How bout fat ass Stan Faith telling the ISP forensic expert to lie and say Camm's blood was on that sweatshirt. Need more. Jurors were told Camm Molested his daughter which was all BS. How bout a jury never hearing about Boney being convicted of killing Camm's family. If you need anymore ask the Indiana supreme court why they overturned 2 convictions
The 8 tiny drops of blood, and embedded brain matter did it in two trials. NEED MORE? THEY DIDN'T. And won't again!!!!!!!!!!
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6656 Jan 5, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>The 8 tiny drops of blood, and embedded brain matter did it in two trials. NEED MORE? THEY DIDN'T. And won't again!!!!!!!!!!
Will Chapin — a senior researcher at one of the country’s top private forensic laboratories — testified in detail about how blood and tissue look when they’re deposited on materials such as a T-shirt.

He concurred with the opinions of three crime scene experts who testified before him that evidence on Camm’s shirt proves he was within a few feet of his family when they were killed.

Mr. Chapin, a prosecution witness testified to the following:

“This particle is lying on top of the weave. It can’t be a transfer (particle). If there were any pressure at all, it would have been pushed down into the weave (of the shirt),” Chapin testified.

He had explained earlier that in his work as a microscopist, he found the tissue laying on top of the weave, not embedded.

“It could only get there, in my opinion, is if it’s a free flight,” meaning it was propelled through the air onto the shirt.

Isn't it interesting that some of the prosecution's witnesses say the stains are from HVIS because they are embedded in the fabric and this prosecution witness says they are from HVIS because they are NOT embedded in the fabric?

Since: Dec 12

Fort Walton Beach, FL

#6657 Jan 6, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>The 8 tiny drops of blood, and embedded brain matter did it in two trials. NEED MORE? THEY DIDN'T. And won't again!!!!!!!!!!
I agree with you. I'd bet money Camm will be convicted again.

Those eight drops of blood had NO smears or streaks, and the defense experts look like fools calling it transfer when they can't explain no smears or streaks on EIGHT stains.

Smoke and mirrors did not fool the first two juries and it will not fool a third. There is a mountain of forensic evidence on Camm. He is a sick sociopath who shot his family.
Bob C

Burlington, WI

#6658 Jan 6, 2013
It is obvious that the "Camm Supporters" and "Camm Haters" are not going to be able to resolve their differences. I hAve absolutely no idea if David Camm is guilty or not. But, after 2 trials and 3 Million $ in costs Camm has not been convicted of anything that was not overturned. As, I have said previously I THINK that the Camm case is like the Dr. Sam Shepherd in OH in he early 50s. One of the critcs of the verdict said "They tried him for Adulery and convicted him of murder." David Camm (to put it mildly) is not a very nice person. BUT THAT DOES NOT MAKE HIM A MURDERER. "Enough is Enough". IF Floyd County insists on trying David Camm again, at least let him free on reasonable bond.
Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6659 Jan 6, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Will Chapin — a senior researcher at one of the country’s top private forensic laboratories — testified in detail about how blood and tissue look when they’re deposited on materials such as a T-shirt.
He concurred with the opinions of three crime scene experts who testified before him that evidence on Camm’s shirt proves he was within a few feet of his family when they were killed.
“This particle is lying on top of the weave. It can’t be a transfer (particle). If there were any pressure at all, it would have been pushed down into the weave (of the shirt),” Chapin testified.
He had explained earlier that in his work as a microscopist, he found the tissue laying on top of the weave, not embedded.
“It could only get there, in my opinion, is if it’s a free flight,” meaning it was propelled through the air onto the shirt.
Isn't it interesting that some of the prosecution's witnesses say the stains are from HVIS because they are embedded in the fabric and this prosecution witness says they are from HVIS because they are NOT embedded in the fabric?
The embedded tissue was shown on an overhead screen in the court room it was magnified many times it showed fabric over the top of the tissue. Now if the tissue had been lying on top of the fabric and as many times as the t-shirt had been moved aroound and handled, plus tested how could it had stayed on the fabric? Plus the lab working for the defense found the so called red stone....
ProCamm

Louisville, KY

#6660 Jan 6, 2013
I seriously cannot understand how people aren't more outraged over this case. If this has happened to a former state trooper, how long will it be until it happens to any one of us. They have really illegal and dirty in the prosecutors office. Obviously, or the supreme court wouldn't keep over turning their decision.
ProCamm

Louisville, KY

#6661 Jan 6, 2013
Shake-N-Bake wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow what a heart you have. How would you feel if you brother or father was in prison for 13 years for a crime some ghetto thug did.
Hollar if ya hear me
holla
Bob C

Burlington, WI

#6662 Jan 6, 2013
Just the Facts

Lexington, KY

#6663 Jan 6, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>The embedded tissue was shown on an overhead screen in the court room it was magnified many times it showed fabric over the top of the tissue. Now if the tissue had been lying on top of the fabric and as many times as the t-shirt had been moved aroound and handled, plus tested how could it had stayed on the fabric? Plus the lab working for the defense found the so called red stone....
So you don't agree with this prosecution witness who says very clearly that the "tissue" particle was on the surface and not embedded? If the tissue was embedded with fabric over the top of it as you state above, why couldn't the expert witness tell that? Surely with all his years of experience in this field he can tell if something is embedded or not, don't you think?
Julia

New Albany, IN

#6664 Jan 6, 2013
camm supporter wrote:
<quoted text>
well the appeals courts said that all of the evidence of the affairs should have never come in in the first trial and the molestation evidence should not have come in in either trial...only an idiot lawyer would put on woman after woman to say camm had an affair...all it does is make the jury hate him (along with all the local yokels)...and henderson put it the molestation stuff in in the second trial after the court of appeals told him not to; and the second judge allowed if after the court of appeals said it was not to be used
amazingly henderson said he still might try to get the molestation evidence in in the third trial before he got booted out
stan faith threatened the career of csi expert scamahorn cuz she could not find camms dna on the sweatshirt....he should have been impeached and disbarred for this
and this is not to mention the expert testimony from stites who never knew jack about hvis and englert - the guy who believes in palm reading or some such...
and of course the total bs that the jury could not be told about boney's criminal past etc....i think they also could not be told that boney had just been convicted of the murders....boney had the right to not take the stand in the last trial cuz he had the right to remain silent....but they are saying his appeals are over now, so he has no more rights...i think the defense should role the dice and put him on the stand...i think seeing him in person and hearing what his record is and what a horrible liar he is will make a big impact on the jury
and hopefully levco and dartt will not try to let in the molestion crap this time
after 12 years, cant someone come up with some real connection between boney and camm if they really did this together?
Had these things been done correctly and honestly in the first place, I believe more than ever, David Camm would not be in prison today. Hopefully, this next trial will be done fairly, factually and the whole picture, not just bits and pieces. Put this story together and it makes no sense at all.
Ricky Bobby

Harrisburg, PA

#6665 Jan 6, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>If you had been at the trial it was explained and demostrated why there so few drops 8 on shirt. There were 100's on the back of the seats and top of the Bronco. Therefore it was determined the seats blocked the back spatteres as he leaned in between the seats to fire the weapon.
Must of been a huge courtroom because you're about the 900th person who has claimed to be at what you call a trial and I call a witch hunt. No matter how you look at it, slice it, flip it or fold it the area with the 4 to 8 dots should have at the minimum 100 tiny dots or more to even be considered blowback spatter from a handgun. I didn't need to be at the trial to see a paid prosecution witness give a biased opinion. 4 to 8 dots surrounded by clean white tee shirt is not spatter. As previously stated by Beasley the analogy of when you have to take a quick bathroom break the kind that is when your stomach is full of gas and the feeling like if you fart you could shit youself at any minute then all of a sudden it comes on and the second your ass hits the seat all hell breaks loose. When you take that last look into the toilet bowl while flushing and see the hundreds of brown splatter marks there isn't a spot at the back of that bowl that is not splattered with shit particles. This my friend is splatter. It is estimated that when a bullet enters a human or animal like substance at close range aka (sudden impact) the blow back is clocked at over 290mph, a runny sneeze and a gasey running shit is clocked at 250 to 300mph. My point his shirt should of looked like the inside of my toilet bowl on New years morning and clocking anal flow and mucus discharge pays pretty darn good and proves there is a reason for everything. Crappy New Year
Shake-N-Bake

Harrisburg, PA

#6666 Jan 6, 2013
ProCamm wrote:
I seriously cannot understand how people aren't more outraged over this case. If this has happened to a former state trooper, how long will it be until it happens to any one of us. They have really illegal and dirty in the prosecutors office. Obviously, or the supreme court wouldn't keep over turning their decision.
Agree 100%. People all over the county are outraged over this. I'm sure there are other innocent people just like Camm who are sitting in a Indiana jail because of bad forensic work and possibly corrupt prosecutors. They know if Camm wins this trail Fraud county will be pounded with wrongful conviction lawsuits and rightfully so and Faith and Henderson could be brought up on multple corruptions charges. When 10 eyewitnesses, finding and convicting the real killer don't do it then something is wrong in this court system. I haven't seen one fact that could support a conviction yet there is a ton of evidence that supports a not guilty verdict. Doesn't matter anyway Camm will be free in Sept. because all the bs for the prosecution is off the table. Fraud county get the check book ready

“Call me Walter”

Since: Nov 10

Dyersburg, TN

#6667 Jan 7, 2013
Shake-N-Bake wrote:
<quoted text>
Who's we. You and Mrs. Beasley. Listen here liver lips. My cousin happens to live in fraud county and them sorry bastards can't even pave a road because ego's want to keep a innocent man in jail. The guys a small time hog farmer and his taxes are through the roof.
We, as in tax payers. Not all roads get paved. That's just the way it is princess. Just because your hog farmin buddy don't like getting his tractor dirty doesn't mean the county should jump up and spend a million dollars or more to pave a road that is essentially a long driveway for two people to use.

WE (tax payers) don't mind paying to keep child molesting murderers behind bars.

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#6668 Jan 7, 2013
Shake-N-Bake wrote:
<quoted text>
Agree 100%. People all over the county are outraged over this. I'm sure there are other innocent people just like Camm who are sitting in a Indiana jail because of bad forensic work and possibly corrupt prosecutors. They know if Camm wins this trail Fraud county will be pounded with wrongful conviction lawsuits and rightfully so and Faith and Henderson could be brought up on multple corruptions charges. When 10 eyewitnesses, finding and convicting the real killer don't do it then something is wrong in this court system. I haven't seen one fact that could support a conviction yet there is a ton of evidence that supports a not guilty verdict. Doesn't matter anyway Camm will be free in Sept. because all the bs for the prosecution is off the table. Fraud county get the check book ready
Then he would be a rich, free, child molesting murderer. What's your point?

You said you talk to him weekly. I guess that big payday is motivation enough to keep trying to convince a jury pool he is innocent.

“Call me Walter”

Dyersburg, TN

#6669 Jan 7, 2013
Ricky Bobby wrote:
<quoted text>
a runny sneeze and a gasey running shit is clocked at 250 to 300mph.
How would you like to get that assigment?

Ricky, today we are going to be doing some time trials. I need you to......
Guilty as Charged

Bowling Green, KY

#6670 Jan 7, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
So you don't agree with this prosecution witness who says very clearly that the "tissue" particle was on the surface and not embedded? If the tissue was embedded with fabric over the top of it as you state above, why couldn't the expert witness tell that? Surely with all his years of experience in this field he can tell if something is embedded or not, don't you think?
I will try to find this photo on the internet I did see it once that clearly shows fiber over the tissue. And if the tissue was on top of the t-shirt what kept tissue the from falling off after the t-shirt was tested by several labs and pulled in and out of the evidence bag????
Just the Facts

Shelbyville, KY

#6671 Jan 7, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>I will try to find this photo on the internet I did see it once that clearly shows fiber over the tissue. And if the tissue was on top of the t-shirt what kept tissue the from falling off after the t-shirt was tested by several labs and pulled in and out of the evidence bag????
I don’t know what would keep it from falling off, maybe some did. My point is that this prosecution witness clearly says the “tissue particle” is on the surface. How can he say that if the particle is embedded as you say?
camm supporter

Orlando, FL

#6672 Jan 7, 2013
Shake-N-Bake wrote:
<quoted text>
Boney was force fed a story to implicate Camm and was told if he didn't he was getting the Death penalty
obviously boney had more than a passing interest in the case from 1/28/00 onward; so we can assume he became an avid reader about the case thru the years and so by that time he knew all he needed to know about the case from the paper or tv or both...thus, i do not think there were alot of secrets left except the ones about him of course and who the real killer was; the case against camm was known by all so he could have easily incorporated what he read into his lies to make them look less like lies
camm supporter

Orlando, FL

#6673 Jan 7, 2013
Just the Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
wow, thanks for that one jtf...so are you saying that it was not just the numb nuts in here but actual prosecution witnesses whe said that it was embedded and contradicted their own expert...

so funny, over and over in this forum camm haters have said that the embedded brain matter proves the murder...it actually doesnt as i have pointed out that the average t-shirt i use to play bball in is basically ready to disintegrate and loaded with holes and frayed areas

so much for the 9000 new albany haters who say they were at every day of both trials and know for a fact that he brain matter was embedded

but you have to love the hootspa of this "expert" - now the hvis is proven by it not being in the weave...really????? so the bullet coming from 2 feet away or so causing the brain matter to ricochet backward caused no pressure on the shirt at all but it would be impossible to avoid pushing it into the weave by transfer?????? what hogwash...who's to say the brain matter was not on her hair and barely touched by camm and transferred as he moved around the children's dead bodies
camm supporter

Orlando, FL

#6674 Jan 7, 2013
Guilty as Charged wrote:
<quoted text>The embedded tissue was shown on an overhead screen in the court room it was magnified many times it showed fabric over the top of the tissue. Now if the tissue had been lying on top of the fabric and as many times as the t-shirt had been moved aroound and handled, plus tested how could it had stayed on the fabric? Plus the lab working for the defense found the so called red stone....
so what is your point? are you talking about the same witness or another? what is your answer to what chapin said?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Floyds Knobs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
URGENT - Please help rescue my 2 cats Fri victimoftheft 18
News Grandfather of Indiana teen found dead near hik... Aug 18 laurieanna 139
Anyone want to talk about sex? Aug 16 Anonymous 43
S. Wilkerson&M.Roland Aug 16 Hahaha 3
Divorce attorney Aug 12 Help 3
News Prostitution sting at Theatair X in Clarksville... (Nov '12) Aug 3 Jacob Payne 37
jim butner (Oct '12) Jul 31 Etrump717 26

Floyds Knobs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Floyds Knobs Mortgages