rumbling noises in sky
mysteryseeker

Allen, TX

#1 Feb 24, 2012
Anyone else hearing rumbling noises in the sky over the past week or so? At first I thought it was thunder...but it was clear skies and it lasted much longer.

We are in a flight path for DFW so we are familiar with airplane noise...it isn't that.

Just wondering if anyone else is hearing this. I have heard it on about 10 different occasions now. One being about 20 minutes ago.
Tara

United States

#2 Jul 16, 2012
I just heard the same thing this morning. Your incident occurred in February though, so I dont know.
It was the strangest thing I have ever experienced. It was loud like a low flying plane, but didnt sound like it was moving any closer or further away.
It just seemed like the sound was from the sky and staying in the same place and it lasted from 2-5 minutes with no pauses or breaks in the noise.
Not in Kansas anymore

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Aug 17, 2012
Omg, I'm not alone??? I live in Lewisville and I'm hearing it every day and night for the past week. Sometimes its louder than other times. Sometimes it occurs only minutes apart. Last night it was getting really annoying. It's driving me crazy trying to figure out what it is. At first I too thought it was thunder, then maybe airplanes on a changed flight landing pattern. I thought it also sounds like the burners in hot air balloons. I knew the Hot Air Balloon Festival was taking place this weekend, but the balloons were not there yet. Good luck on finding anything out. In June we had a 5 hr blackout to which the city, TXU and Oncur never addressed either. Strange, very strange!
Leslie

Hampden, ME

#4 Dec 12, 2012
I just heard it. The loud rumbling noise went on for a long time. It made my windows rattle. Maybe its a 12/12/12 thing.
Ann

Flower Mound, TX

#5 Jun 3, 2014
I am hearing what I am thinking is a drilling noise at night. All night. I live in flower mound and am wondering if it's the drilling for natural has and exactly where it is. Any ideas?
stephc

Dallas, TX

#6 Jan 8, 2015
I hear rumbling now and was seeing lights in sky all night.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flower Mound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 20 Banfartos 708
News Texas Cop Not Indicted for Shooting May 19 wild child 3
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) May 19 Fartdog 843
Why do white men loves Asian beauties? (Aug '12) May 18 climate change 3
The police here suck. (Sep '07) May 18 border patrol 76
News Texas Lawmakers call for border oversight, goal... May 9 huey goins 2
Grapevine Baseball Apr '15 Customer 1
More from around the web

Flower Mound People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]