Bicyclists vs Automobiles

Bicyclists vs Automobiles

Posted in the Flower Mound Forum

thewonderer

Lewisville, TX

#1 Apr 21, 2012
I wonder, as congested and narrow as the roads are in the greater Double Oak vicinity, why bicyclists ride there. Don't they realize they are taking a huge risk with so many bad drivers in the area? One would think they would go outside to more rural areas to ride.
stacyzimmerman

Plano, TX

#2 Apr 22, 2012
thewonderer wrote:
I wonder, as congested and narrow as the roads are in the greater Double Oak vicinity, why bicyclists ride there. Don't they realize they are taking a huge risk with so many bad drivers in the area? One would think they would go outside to more rural areas to ride.
The route along 1830 is curvy with few hills and generally quite beautiful- I can see why cyclists choose it- but safety wise, there could not be a worse spot for bicycles! South of Double Oak in Flower Mound (where I live) just south of 3040 down McKamy creek is a better path for cyclists, as well as a lake trail that is quite popular, with little traffic, no stop lights, and great hills. They would be safer there!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flower Mound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lewisville High (Apr '14) 16 hr Bleed maroon and ... 3
Daniel Glass (Apr '10) Nov 9 Grapevineian 2
Spencer Lewis (Jul '11) Nov 9 Grapevineian 2
Holiday STEM Camps at Sylvan Learning Center Nov '16 Sylvan of Flower ... 1
Southlake Jukebox (Jul '12) Oct '16 Musikologist 15
Coppell Police Suck... (Jun '10) Oct '16 Coppell Resident 35
Relocation advice Sep '16 Jenad1kr 1

Flower Mound Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance