Dawn

Lake Memphremagog, VT

#84 Mar 1, 2013
My husband and I are considering moving to Texas from VT in a few years after my middle child graduates from high school. My husband is a heavy equipment operator and I have a degree in criminal justice. I have horses, was previously a horse trainer until a few surgeries permanently put a stop to that) and dogs so I need to live in the country. My husband is also an avid hunter.

My husband is also very afraid of snakes, all snakes, can anyone suggest an area. Some suggest the Austin area, others around Paris. Thanks!
TheRyanJones

Dallas, TX

#85 Mar 5, 2013
Grew up in Texas near Ft Worth
Pros: Cheap
Cons: Texans, nothing to do, "Pretty" Country side, Texan Pride, weather, etc.
Josh

Ellensburg, WA

#86 Mar 8, 2013
I am moving from Washington to Temple,TX in 12 days, and I am not religious, but respect people who are and I am pretty liberal. I am worried that my own views will not be respected, and I am going to be miserable. Are the stereotypes true about Texas? That everyone is super-religious and conservative and try to convert everyone who is not?
Johnsen3

Colton, CA

#87 Mar 8, 2013
Us Californians are all moving out of state because we are getting ran out but trash!!! I've lived in So Cal my entire life and its getting soo bad.. I am a new mother and I do not want my child growing up around this dump.. So sorry if we want to relocate for a better life!! You Texans should feel proud that many seek your state.. That says a lot about the people of Texas, the state, the values etc. California is way overrated.. It's becoming little Mexico. Everyone is on food stamps and those of us who actually get up everyday and go to work are being taxed almost half of our paychecks to pay for all these losers who abuse the system. It makes me sick to see that people on welfare eat better than my family does... And the hubby and I both have full time jobs!!!! So.. Things like this make us Californians want to MOVE!! And yes.. We too are looking into Texas as well as Oregon!!
Jackie

Brooklyn, NY

#88 Apr 2, 2013
my husband and family are thinking of relocating to Dallas area within the next few months. We currently live in Long Island NY and would love if our taxes were only $5,500 a year! i guess that is high for Texas but our current taxes are $14,450! hoping we can provide a better more fulfilling life by moving there where things are def cheaper than ny. im just nervous about the heat, especially since i am pretty fair skinned and our dog is an american eskimo! poor guy
jordan regrettably in MA

Southbridge, MA

#89 Apr 8, 2013
For you people getting all bent out of shape about texans telling you to stay in your liberal states you have to understand why. It's because liberalism fails everywhere, you can only pay for leeches with productive people's money for so long. I can't wait to move to texas from my dumpy state where everyone is miserable because their lives are run by government, working people are pissed they're supporting an entire class of recipients and recipients are miserable because a lifestyle of dependence provides no sense of self worth. don't move to a place that is thriving because of its conservative principles and bring your failed politics with you. Myself, I plan on adopting local customs to go along with my conservative ideals… embrace the culture and way of life that has made texas great or keep circling the drains of your respective blue states.
tejas

Denton, TX

#90 Apr 13, 2013
Highland Village has some run down areas. Highland Village has the new as well as run down homes. Some of the homes are literal trash.
tejas

Denton, TX

#91 Apr 13, 2013
texas = FAT WOMEN....
Dedra

Belzoni, MS

#92 Apr 16, 2013
Hi, everyone I am a MS girl born and raised looking to move to Texas (Lewisville area)next year. I have a young daughter and would like to know of good elementary schoools in the area, hospitals and nursing homes as I will be working as a LPN/LVN. I visited the DFW area in 2010 and know of the hot summer months but I don't mind I am fairly used to it living in MS. Feedback anyone please!!
CA Native

Los Angeles, CA

#93 Apr 22, 2013
Argylite wrote:
Hurry up and seal the borders. The last thing we need is more Californians to jack up the property values and buy up the land in Texas. And while we're at it let's keep the yanks out as well. There goes the neighborhood.
You must be a grouchy person and sounds to me like you need more love in your life!
Moving

Santa Maria, CA

#94 Apr 26, 2013
missing ca wrote:
Oh yea..crime..crime and more CRIME
Where do you live???
Ambrose

Beaumont, TX

#95 May 26, 2013
Cons
Texas has hot horrible humid summers. Barely any winter or any other season than summer. Racism and homophobia are still very much alive and well. Texas will destroy your sinuses.

Pros
If you love heat and hate the cold, it's perfect. Things are generally cheaper here. I wouldn't say thre are more jobs, lots and lots of people are still having problems getting something. The people are slightly less snooty than other areas. Lots of undeveloped areas and beautiful land.

I've lived in Texas all my life. I hate it. After visiting Illinois and enjoying their weather it was no fun coming back here. I plan to get out ASAP. I lot of people love it here. I'm not one of them.
Ambrose

Beaumont, TX

#96 May 26, 2013
Josh wrote:
I am moving from Washington to Temple,TX in 12 days, and I am not religious, but respect people who are and I am pretty liberal. I am worried that my own views will not be respected, and I am going to be miserable. Are the stereotypes true about Texas? That everyone is super-religious and conservative and try to convert everyone who is not?
Pretty much. If its about religion in Texas, your opinions do not matter. Christian is the only way. Not all the stereotypes are true but there are a LOT of closed minded people in this area.
zach

Kingston, PA

#97 May 29, 2013
Maggy5 wrote:
I am planning to move from NY to Georgia or Texas by July 2010. I have three boys, married and I am a Register Nurse. I need some opinions about this two stated. Which one will better enviroment for my kids. Please let me know your opinios. Thank u
Houston taxes is the perfect place to live good for kids and the parents
Mobstosh

Murrieta, CA

#98 Jul 9, 2013
I'm moving to Texas, lived my whole life in So Cal, and it sucks here unless you can afford to live by the beach, but a dump is 500k, so we live inland, high temps and overrun with illegals, with a bad attitude. The Kardashian Syndrome is everywhere here, everyone wants to be famous/infamous. As a self employed man California makes business nearly impossible. Even the old people here are nasty.
Mobstosh

Murrieta, CA

#99 Jul 9, 2013
PS, not bitter, making over 330k a year, and still leaving, I'll make 3 mil a year in TX. Sick and tired of angry minorities, people on welfare driving newer cars than me, I know personally. Explain that one to me????????
Nury

Turlock, CA

#100 Jul 28, 2013
Hi everybody
me and my family have lived in California the valley area for over 18yrs we have two kids born and raced here with my side of family. My husband as a truck driver has been able to provide because he is going to texas for loads if not I don't know how we will be doing this We miss him so much some time we wont come for 3months :(. I really will like to move to texas. our kids are in the last year of high school and the other one junior the only reason I am still here is for them just worried that they can finish. but is really hard. i know one day i am just going to pack and say vamonos to tx. i just want to share our story.. blessing for all who are in the same situation.. thank you
Jenny

United States

#101 Aug 2, 2013
We are so excited to move to Texas. Me and California don't mix. Something must be wrong here. The values which people hold definitely don't run a state well. It is so crowded in CA. A lot of money buys us a tiny place in the middle of San Francisco. It costs 400 to park a car. Many people at 30 don't have a car. You buy a house, finally, at 45, if you're lucky. The people next to us smoke a lot of pot ... And they're older. Even the plus-sixty year old is smoking. More people than not do drugs on our floor. The other drugs I can't smell. Out in the hall is a cloud of smoke we walk our four month year old through. There are so many homeless people in SF. They rule the streets. There is a lot of schizophrenia too. California is way overrated. We love nature, but not crowded nature. Hiking elsewhere was fun and peaceful. In California, the nature destinations are so touristy they are packed. I'm so excited to get out of here. Being a moderate, I am conerned about the lack of diversity in political views in Texas (except perhaps for some crazy extreme), but I'll have to put up with it. Afterall, I've put up with the bitterness of liberals for the last five years. For example, how can someone be so adament about late term abortion? When you think about it for not too long isn't that basically killing a baby?why don't we focus on getting people access to contraceptives instead of focusing on this so-called right? I think I'll be just fine in Texas.
Jenny

United States

#102 Aug 2, 2013
By the way, good things about California include, a lot of spirit, fresh (but expensive) food, and entrepreunership.
Linda

Tampa, FL

#103 Sep 3, 2013
BuckeyeOhioYank wrote:
Hey Argylite, us yanks won the Civil War and you Rebels lost it, so we can move where we choose. Accept your defeat.
NICE ONE!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flower Mound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Dalrock Transport LLC (Jun '14) Dec 25 allen Georgi 6
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Dec 17 98 Degree Diarrhea 595
Flood Lights (Sep '10) Dec 8 helen 4
NEPAL'S BINDU PARIYAR in DFW, XXX Star (Feb '14) Dec 8 0097470027317 shi... 3
Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Nov 29 Fartology 752
Ex-officer admits several scams (Dec '06) Nov '14 roxiedenea 165
Review: Edible Arrangements Nov '14 Lisa Ault 1

Flower Mound News Video

Flower Mound Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Flower Mound People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Flower Mound News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Flower Mound

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:32 pm PST

Bleacher Report 4:32PM
Making the Case for Watt as MVP
ESPN 5:24 PM
Jerry Jones: 'Nobody knows' his Bryant concerns
Bleacher Report 5:24 PM
Early Preview for NFC Wild Card Matchups
Bleacher Report 6:50 PM
Is This Dallas' Best Chance at Super Bowl During Romo Era?
NBC Sports 8:48 PM
Crisis averted: No AT&T Stadium scheduling conflict for CFP championship