Pros & Cons of Texas Living
Italian_guy

Flower Mound, TX

#62 Mar 9, 2012
Les Claypool wrote:
[...]As you move north and west things get much nicer.[...] good schools and English speaking people.[...]Irving is little Mexico.[...]
So, not-English speaking people are "less nicer"?-_-

To anyone that want to move in Dallas, I wholeheartedly recommend it. Don't worry, though, racism is not a big deal here, provided you learn how to recognize and avoid douches like that guy.

The weather is very hot during the summer, so you better be a sun-lover, but the hundreds of lakes and parks around the Metroplex will make you enjoy also the warmest part of the year. Good job opportunities and low housing cost make of Dallas a good destination to start a new life.
Anthony

Houston, TX

#63 Mar 14, 2012
California is the most shitty place ever Im originally from Houston TX and I moved to California for a year and it was the worst experience of my life it's full of hoodrats and girls that just can't simply keep their damn legs closed I SUGGEST None to move to California.
Anthony

Houston, TX

#64 Mar 14, 2012
I feel the exact way as you do California is the state were girls cannot keep their damn legs closed
Full of hoorats'
Jackie

Dallas, TX

#65 Apr 21, 2012
I lived in the East and Northeast US for many years. I unexpectedly wound up in Dallas, Texas. I have absolutely NO regrets. I love it here. The weather is hot in the summer, but those humid PA summers are worse. Not to mention foot after foot of snow. We get a bit of snow, but, not much. The employment market is good, lots of pro sports activity, we have a wealth of cultural events also, live personalities at a number of venues, opera, theater, museums. I think the cost of living is great and so much nicer than PA and DC. If someone told me I'd be living in Tx (DFW area) and loving it, I would have told them they were nuts. I was the one that was. Dallas is awesome. Come for a couple of weeks and visit, look around all the metroplex and the growing communities and decide for yourself. You are going to vacation somewhere...do come here and see. For some of the jerks that wrote....you will find them everywhere in every state...so just ignore the idiots and read the good stuff :). Good luck and welcome to Texas should you decide to come!
Sarah

United States

#66 May 2, 2012
Hi everyone. My family and I are from Connecticut and looking into moving to Texas. Lived here my entire life and still don't feel like I fit in. We're conservative Christians and it seems like everyone here thinks they're God's gift to the world, its rare to find someone with common courtesy and manners. We want to raise our children around more like minded people. I have family in the Tyler area but not sure on the area we'd want to move to. I'm not worried about the heat as I tend to wear sweatshirts from being too cold during the summer here lol. It's just a little scary taking the step of actually moving. We want to move to a more rural area but worried about job prospects and what would be a good area to move to. Any advice or tips would be most welcome.
Sarah

United States

#67 May 2, 2012
I'm not from New Haven not sure why I was tagged as being from there lol.
Jill

Ivoryton, CT

#68 May 2, 2012
His Sarah! I'm from CT, too and posted earlier here. We're in the same boat- conservative Christians. We've really felt pushed to our limits here with the attitude and economy and are hoping Texas will be a friendlier atmosphere for our family. Right now we're looking in the Houston area(The Woodlands, Cyprus) since that's where my husband will most likely find work in his profession. At this point we're just getting the house fixed up to sell, and praying that it does.

I wish I had some advice for you on Texas, but there seem to be a lot of very helpful people that post on here. All I can say is you're definitely not alone in trying to escape CT. It was bad before, but Malloy is making it unbearable. I love being near the ocean and I love the New England topography, but I don't love any of it enough to keep being taxed to death and having our rights taken away.
Jblack

Port Angeles, WA

#69 May 3, 2012
Argylite wrote:
Hurry up and seal the borders. The last thing we need is more Californians to jack up the property values and buy up the land in Texas. And while we're at it let's keep the yanks out as well. There goes the neighborhood.
You sound like an idiot. You are the type of person that gives conservatives a bad rap, you ignorant fool.

Since: Jul 11

Dallas, TX

#70 May 3, 2012
Sarah wrote:
I'm not from New Haven not sure why I was tagged as being from there lol.
Its probably the location of your Internet Service Provider
Tiffany

San Antonio, TX

#71 Aug 22, 2012
I moved to San Antonio from Minneapolis and I regret it more than I can express! The weather is unbearable, the traffic is awful, some of the rudest people I've ever met in my life. If you haven't come here on a floating door you have no rights in Texas. DONT DO IT!!!
Loves Texas

El Paso, TX

#73 Dec 15, 2012
Sarah wrote:
Hi everyone. My family and I are from Connecticut and looking into moving to Texas. Lived here my entire life and still don't feel like I fit in. We're conservative Christians and it seems like everyone here thinks they're God's gift to the world, its rare to find someone with common courtesy and manners. We want to raise our children around more like minded people. I have family in the Tyler area but not sure on the area we'd want to move to. I'm not worried about the heat as I tend to wear sweatshirts from being too cold during the summer here lol. It's just a little scary taking the step of actually moving. We want to move to a more rural area but worried about job prospects and what would be a good area to move to. Any advice or tips would be most welcome.

I moved to Texas from Tennessee four months ago and I don't see myself moving back. I feel so at home here with the large amount of friends I have made already. It is so refreshing to be in a state where men hold the door for you and pull your seat out for you. This place is full of gentleman and wonderful women that would love to get to know you. I moved to the hill country west of Austin. I LOVE IT!! This is a rural area but it is close enough to the cities that jobs aren't a problem. I know a few people out here that can help you find a spot if you are still looking. Make the move!!
petalbabe

Syracuse, NY

#74 Jan 7, 2013
Myself and my husband are seriously thinking about moving to East Texas this year from NNYS. The winters here are so hard my husband's health suffers.

We have family in the Carthage area.

We are in our late 40s and early 50s. Any tips?
missing ca

Dallas, TX

#76 Jan 14, 2013
Tx stinks..2 hot..no insulation in homes..dirty people..tobacco slugs everywhere..rude drivers..rude shoppers..dirty restaurants and toilets..stay in ca
missing ca

Dallas, TX

#77 Jan 14, 2013
Oh yea..crime..crime and more CRIME
On Point

Mckinney, TX

#78 Jan 16, 2013
My family of 6 moved here from Philly a couple of years back. The people have been great (certainly better than Philly had been), and we truly feel at home. Be respectful and open and you will get the same back. Kids (9 and under) are in good schools (Collin County)and there is plenty for them to do. They have NEVER been bored. To go against some other posts, I don't see a lot of room for Liberals here as most everyone has a Conservative view - ymmv.
The weather is hot in the summer but the swim parks and pools are open. Winters are a lot better than what we had in Philthydelphia and are in the 40s.
mbush2

Parkersburg, WV

#79 Jan 23, 2013
Argylite wrote:
Hurry up and seal the borders. The last thing we need is more Californians to jack up the property values and buy up the land in Texas. And while we're at it let's keep the yanks out as well. There goes the neighborhood.
Thats what ruined my state :/ bunch of jersey kids too poor to afford school in new york came to WVU in West Virginia so they could act like rich kids and trash the place.
Da Major Boss

Dallas, TX

#80 Jan 29, 2013
Love Texas wrote:
I love Texas!
It gets a bit hot in Texas during the summer (104-109) but otherwise it is all right. The living expenses are a bit lower and there is a low crime rate. Hope this helps!!
Franny

Placentia, CA

#81 Jan 31, 2013
Have u been to El Paso? Nothing is green, mostly dirt and concrete, hot and ugggly. The only thing I know that is good, is my husband cam from there and he's awesome!
bethany lomax

London, UK

#82 Feb 24, 2013
I live in England and i really want to get out i'm 14 (yes i know that's young but i mean for the future)and i'm planning ahead, i'm thinking of moving to Texas not shore where abouts exactly but i'm getting to that part, it would be helpful to know how much an apartment is with one bedroom and obviously essentials like bathroom, kitchen etc.
maybe near a school as i would like to be a advisement counselor (i like to help people :))
Also maybe the best place to move to in Texas to help me make a decision :) thanx xx
DDC

United States

#83 Feb 25, 2013
Where is a nice location around Flower Mound? Sounds like it is very hot during the summer, do all the locals leave?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flower Mound Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Woman and teenage boy from Texas dead after sto... Jul 22 Doug from Ohio 1
dangerous church in lewisville Jun '16 Jeremy J 1
AT&T Employees Should Be Careful (Dec '08) Jun '16 chuck d 37
Election Who do you support for State Board of Education... (Oct '10) Jun '16 robert 994
"Already Gone" novel about Southlake - quite pr... Jun '16 alreadygonebook 1
Open minded places to work in Grapevine? Jun '16 onionslice 9
Reids Auto Connection (Aug '10) Jun '16 Juan H 28

Flower Mound Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flower Mound Mortgages