Salt price hikes worry suburbs

Salt price hikes worry suburbs

There are 2 comments on the Chicago Tribune story from Oct 22, 2008, titled Salt price hikes worry suburbs. In it, Chicago Tribune reports that:

Special to the Tribune Many south suburban municipalities are wishing they had stockpiled more road salt last year now that they face huge cost increases and worry that dwindling supplies may not get them ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Chicago Tribune.

Vernon Hills, IL

#1 Oct 22, 2008
For what I paid in property taxes year,they better do my driveway and sidewalk!!!

New York, NY

#2 Oct 22, 2008
When I used to live in Alaska, Anchorage used dirt instead of salt for multiple reasons, not the least of which was the cost of salting the roads though the winter. If the cost of salt is so high, perhaps people in local govt. should start calling the Municipality of Anchorage and looking into the cost and effectiveness of using dirt on the roads. It provides traction and is more eco-friendly than salt in massive quantities.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flossmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Justin Slaughter State Rep 27... 22 min The 27th Deserves... 34
Congratulations Mary Carvlin 1 hr Election March 20th 3
The Rita Family In Line For 6 Government Pensions (Nov '13) 1 hr Truth 66
Public Hearing for Bl City Budget 4 hr Yes he is. 209
Prairie St Shooting 6 hr Waste of time 6
News Police: Two arrested in brawl following Oak For... 6 hr Maw 2
Concerned Crete Resident 7 hr Mike Lincolnshire 2

Flossmoor Jobs

Personal Finance

Flossmoor Mortgages