Anti-Fascist prisoner, Cody Lee Suthe...

Anti-Fascist prisoner, Cody Lee Sutherlin is getting out

There are 3 comments on the Indybay.org story from Apr 24, 2014, titled Anti-Fascist prisoner, Cody Lee Sutherlin is getting out. In it, Indybay.org reports that:

Cody Lee Sutherlin is one of 5 anti-racist activists who took part in emphatically stopping a meeting of white supremacists at a restaurant in Tinley Park, IL.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Indybay.org.

kroll

Chicago, IL

#1 Apr 24, 2014
What in heavens name, am I seeing things, or is this an article asking for donations to support a domestic terrorist who used hammers to attack his groups alleged political opponents??? What is going on here, who is running this topix thing???
Context

Oak Forest, IL

#2 May 23, 2014
If you look at the contributor it is listed as: "Posted by: roboblogger"

This is an algorithm that Topix uses to scrape local news from a variety of websites, and automatically create a discussion thread based on that. It is their way of driving traffic, and inciting users to start a discussion based on that local news. No human action was taken to create this post.

It's a slippery slope telling Topix to ignore certain news sources, even if you disagree with what is being said. Indymedia is an outlet that lets users submit stories, so that is why a biased "ARTICLE?" such as that showed up.

PS, I agree with you that this guy deserves no sympathy, for his actions. I personally see NATO/G8 as a scourge to the world, but actions like this are inexcusable and not the way to affect change.
Context

Oak Forest, IL

#3 May 23, 2014
I confused the events that this Cody guy was connected with, due to the NATO/G8 going on that day, and the Bridgeport 3 in Chicago. Initial reports did indicated there was possibly a connection.

I think this groups was somehow involved with coming to Chicago for that, but they made this pitstop in Tinley for the white-supremacist beatdown.

Either way, inexcusable actions from this group, and won't do anything to eliminate racism at the end of day.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flossmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you approve of Justin Slaughter State Rep 27... 4 min Watchdog 8
Anyone But Domingo. 9 min Update 12
Robert Rita takes the oath. Becomes a member of... (Jan '15) 2 hr Change Is Needed 345
Phil Kadner tells the truth about the fake inve... (Jul '10) 7 hr BIPD 6
Administrative leave is a must for Michael Corn... (Dec '14) 19 hr Korncaid 99
Landslide (Apr '17) 22 hr lol 7
Local Politics Do you approve of Robert Rita as State Represen... (Mar '12) 23 hr Clown Show 60

Flossmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Flossmoor Mortgages