Thank you for the info
Old Pepe

United States

#24 Feb 5, 2014
Who is this Josh? Please explain.
Tax payer

Chicago, IL

#25 Mar 16, 2014
A balanced budget for last two years speaks for its self. Great job mayor now work on getting a bigger tax base so our property taxes go down.

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#26 Mar 17, 2014
Tax payer wrote:
A balanced budget for last two years speaks for its self. Great job mayor now work on getting a bigger tax base so our property taxes go down.
Absolutely! The mayor has done a great job and I can't wait to see what the future holds for Chicago Heights and this administration!
Damian Wilkins

Naperville, IL

#27 Mar 17, 2014
He is a azzhole!
The Joneses

Chicago, IL

#28 Apr 17, 2014
Hopefully he runs and wins. 4 more years Mr. Mayor!

Location hidden

#29 Apr 24, 2014
The Joneses wrote:
Hopefully he runs and wins. 4 more years Mr. Mayor!
I agree completely. Hey, what about that big BGA story? I bet it's coming real soon. LOL!!
Debbie

Naperville, IL

#30 Apr 30, 2014
digger get Gonzo's nuts off your tounge......loser!

Location hidden

#31 May 1, 2014
Debbie wrote:
digger get Gonzo's nuts off your tounge......loser!
I'm afraid that your post does nothing to advance the conversation. I look forward to hearing from you in the future if you have anything of value to add.
Debbie

Aurora, IL

#32 May 7, 2014
screw david, tommy.frank and the rest of the idiots.
Chicago Heights Resident

Country Club Hills, IL

#33 Aug 2, 2014
After living and working in Chicago Heights for 12 years, I have seen only corruption and economic decline. Neither party should be proud of stores closing, increased homelessness, lack of a downtown, and corrupt politicians. Everybody involved in any city run institution (police, fire, schools, park district,...) here is tied to political corruption. I have met a few people that are sincerely doing what is best for the people, whom they represent, whom elected them. Look at the highest paid positions in the Heights (by tax dollars). How many live in the city and spend money in the city stores to revive the DEAD economy? How many are living in beautiful neighborhoods and spending our tax dollars there?
I do not believe one party is better than another. What I want are honest, good people.. what I see is NEPOTISM everywhere... unqualified people getting high paid positions that help to collectively destroy the town. There are clearly families that can be researched that hold high positions and give jobs to their friends and family members. You are not doing the city any favors by giving unqualified people jobs, making up fake jobs, or paying ghost payrolls. What is happening here, probably happens to some degree in most towns/cities, but the degree here is excessive, blatant, and destructive.
Those of you that support the corruption are part of the problem and destruction. Shame on everybody involved..this used to be a beautiful city with safe beautiful neighborhoods. Now it is faced with urban blight and people that are power hungry and think they are big shots because they have some political title. Nobody should boast politicians are doing their job or one party is better than another until this town is cleaned up. This town needs to be lifted from the urban blight, it needs up graded working storm drains/sewers, the schools need get rid of administrators that are NOT qualified that are RUINING both 170 and 206, they need to bring in business, get a real downtown, and reduce all the crime (to name a few).
There is a 2015 election coming up. People should really pay attention and look at all people in high positions in our local government, look at people employed in city hall, the park district, the school boards, the school administrations, the police, and the fire departments.... find out who is related to who...find out how much they are getting paid...find out what they have accomplished to make the city a better place... research...do not just read blogs...and stop complaining if you are not willing to research and campaign for honest people..
If people stay complacent and expect others to fix the problems then we will stay on this path and things will get worse

Location hidden

#34 Aug 3, 2014
Chicago Heights Resident wrote:
After living and working in Chicago Heights for 12 years, I have seen only corruption and economic decline. Neither party should be proud of stores closing, increased homelessness, lack of a downtown, and corrupt politicians. Everybody involved in any city run institution (police, fire, schools, park district,...) here is tied to political corruption. I have met a few people that are sincerely doing what is best for the people, whom they represent, whom elected them. Look at the highest paid positions in the Heights (by tax dollars). How many live in the city and spend money in the city stores to revive the DEAD economy? How many are living in beautiful neighborhoods and spending our tax dollars there?
I do not believe one party is better than another. What I want are honest, good people.. what I see is NEPOTISM everywhere... unqualified people getting high paid positions that help to collectively destroy the town. There are clearly families that can be researched that hold high positions and give jobs to their friends and family members. You are not doing the city any favors by giving unqualified people jobs, making up fake jobs, or paying ghost payrolls. What is happening here, probably happens to some degree in most towns/cities, but the degree here is excessive, blatant, and destructive.
Those of you that support the corruption are part of the problem and destruction. Shame on everybody involved..this used to be a beautiful city with safe beautiful neighborhoods. Now it is faced with urban blight and people that are power hungry and think they are big shots because they have some political title. Nobody should boast politicians are doing their job or one party is better than another until this town is cleaned up. This town needs to be lifted from the urban blight, it needs up graded working storm drains/sewers, the schools need get rid of administrators that are NOT qualified that are RUINING both 170 and 206, they need to bring in business, get a real downtown, and reduce all the crime (to name a few).
There is a 2015 election coming up. People should really pay attention and look at all people in high positions in our local government, look at people employed in city hall, the park district, the school boards, the school administrations, the police, and the fire departments.... find out who is related to who...find out how much they are getting paid...find out what they have accomplished to make the city a better place... research...do not just read blogs...and stop complaining if you are not willing to research and campaign for honest people..
If people stay complacent and expect others to fix the problems then we will stay on this path and things will get worse
The election will likely be uncontested. The Unity Party is the choice of the people, and will win without opposition next year.
BLOOM HS

Chicago Heights, IL

#35 Aug 5, 2014
I agree with Nepotism comment. Husband and Wife both working at Bloom High School ? At least the Nepotism is gone at City Hall.
Chicago Heights Resident

Country Club Hills, IL

#36 Aug 7, 2014
BLOOM HS wrote:
I agree with Nepotism comment. Husband and Wife both working at Bloom High School ? At least the Nepotism is gone at City Hall.
That is not quiet what I was talking about. Teachers have no political power. They cannot set district policy, they cannot hire people, they cannot make fiscal decisions, and they are basically powerless. Yes, they can impact an individual child's life, but they are not stake holders in the community that have significant power.

I stand by what I stated previously.

Until I see stores/businesses opening instead of closing, until I see homes that do not flood when it rains because the city updated the sewer system, until I see crime rates go down, until I see home values increase, until I see the city cleaned up from the crumbling old run down closed buildings, boarded up homes, overgrown weeds, and litter, I will not be satisfied.

I am neither democrat nor republican.
I want what is best for the community.
I want to see the local economy revived.
I want the old industrial buildings and boarded up homes to be demolished and redeveloped.
I want a real downtown.
I want the storm sewers fixed.
I want the homes that are empty on my street to be occupied by families.
I want the children to receive a quality education.
I want crime to go down.
I want my house value to go up.
I want a safe neighborhood to raise my children.
I want great public schools.
I want my investment, my home, to have value.
I want my town to be updated and revived.
I want my town to offer services and programs for all people ages 0-100.

I want the disagreement and conflict between the local political parties to stop because it is wasted energy.

Everybody should be working together to make this town a better place.
Those that are elected or appointed to powerful positions, should be doing the greatest good for the right reasons.

I am not impressed with political titles nor political parties, I am impressed with forward progress.

I believe I want is what most Americans want in a community. I do not believe I am unreasonable.

In the up and coming election, I want to know who running and I want to know what they plan on doing to address my concerns. If they have already been in office, I want to know what they have done during their tenure to address my concerns.

Digger_70, what do you want if you could have an ideal community? What would you keep? What would you change?
Chicago Heights Resident

Country Club Hills, IL

#37 Aug 7, 2014
Chicago Heights Resident wrote:
<quoted text>
That is not quiet what I was talking about. Teachers have no political power. They cannot set district policy, they cannot hire people, they cannot make fiscal decisions, and they are basically powerless. Yes, they can impact an individual child's life, but they are not stake holders in the community that have significant power.
I stand by what I stated previously.
Until I see stores/businesses opening instead of closing, until I see homes that do not flood when it rains because the city updated the sewer system, until I see crime rates go down, until I see home values increase, until I see the city cleaned up from the crumbling old run down closed buildings, boarded up homes, overgrown weeds, and litter, I will not be satisfied.
I am neither democrat nor republican.
I want what is best for the community.
I want to see the local economy revived.
I want the old industrial buildings and boarded up homes to be demolished and redeveloped.
I want a real downtown.
I want the storm sewers fixed.
I want the homes that are empty on my street to be occupied by families.
I want the children to receive a quality education.
I want crime to go down.
I want my house value to go up.
I want a safe neighborhood to raise my children.
I want great public schools.
I want my investment, my home, to have value.
I want my town to be updated and revived.
I want my town to offer services and programs for all people ages 0-100.
I want the disagreement and conflict between the local political parties to stop because it is wasted energy.
Everybody should be working together to make this town a better place.
Those that are elected or appointed to powerful positions, should be doing the greatest good for the right reasons.
I am not impressed with political titles nor political parties, I am impressed with forward progress.
I believe I want is what most Americans want in a community. I do not believe I am unreasonable.
In the up and coming election, I want to know who running and I want to know what they plan on doing to address my concerns. If they have already been in office, I want to know what they have done during their tenure to address my concerns.
Digger_70, what do you want if you could have an ideal community? What would you keep? What would you change?
Bloom HS, what would you change about the Heights to make the community better? What would you keep? What would you change?

Bloom HS, are you a resident of Chicago Heights? If not, where do you live?

Location hidden

#38 Aug 8, 2014
I think the Gonzalez administration is doing a great job, and all the goals you listed are within reach.

Also, there is no fighting between political parties in Chicago Heights. That was all sorted out in 2011. Now, if you want to see all those improvements, you should work with the Unity Party to make them happen!
Resident

United States

#39 Aug 8, 2014
digger_70 wrote:
I think the Gonzalez administration is doing a great job, and all the goals you listed are within reach.
Also, there is no fighting between political parties in Chicago Heights. That was all sorted out in 2011. Now, if you want to see all those improvements, you should work with the Unity Party to make them happen!
Well I am willing to work with any administration that is going to make a positive change and is involved in politics for the right reasons...as for the political parties not fighting since 2011 I'm not sure that that's true..as a silent observer I have seen and experienced the conflict...as I stated earlier the conflict does nothing but waste energy and time..as well as zSTOP PROGRESSE..the time should be used to make the city a better place to live. I do not care if it's the Unity Party or integrity party in office....what I am concerned about is that those that hold powerful positions are making good decisions that would benefit everyone in the community not just in an elite few... not all people involved in Chicago Heights politics are bad but not all people involved are good....it's up to the citizens to do the research on all the web pages that are available for Chicago Heights institutions...and find out who the players are...their motives.. their positive contributions to the city...their history..and make their own decisions about whom vote for....Google names of Representatives and see what kind of news articles blogs that come up...make informed decisions...don't just read blogs by trollers.... I agree with your statement that we should all work together to make the community a better place

Location hidden

#40 Aug 9, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text>Well I am willing to work with any administration that is going to make a positive change and is involved in politics for the right reasons...as for the political parties not fighting since 2011 I'm not sure that that's true..as a silent observer I have seen and experienced the conflict...as I stated earlier the conflict does nothing but waste energy and time..as well as zSTOP PROGRESSE..the time should be used to make the city a better place to live. I do not care if it's the Unity Party or integrity party in office....what I am concerned about is that those that hold powerful positions are making good decisions that would benefit everyone in the community not just in an elite few... not all people involved in Chicago Heights politics are bad but not all people involved are good....it's up to the citizens to do the research on all the web pages that are available for Chicago Heights institutions...and find out who the players are...their motives.. their positive contributions to the city...their history..and make their own decisions about whom vote for....Google names of Representatives and see what kind of news articles blogs that come up...make informed decisions...don't just read blogs by trollers.... I agree with your statement that we should all work together to make the community a better place
There is no such thing as the "integrity party". It was formed in 2011 and folded in 2011.

Location hidden

#43 Oct 22, 2014
With a month left to file petitions, it seems my prediction is coming true. Only Mayor Gonzalez and the Unity Party will be on the ballot, and that is a very good thing for Chicago Heights!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Flossmoor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
No Confidence in the BI Independent Party 26 min Smells Bad 14
large tree branch down 1 hr Really No One 7
Downed power lines 2 hr Mark J Kuehner 1
Remembering Old Time Harvey (Mar '10) 3 hr Hrongo 242
B.I.P.D. needs leadership now (Aug '14) 4 hr No Code Red 241
Bob Manthei Ousted from Park District? 10 hr Fresh Start 31
Blue Island Park District Woes 13 hr BI Deserves Better 77

Flossmoor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance