Review: Candies Restaurant & Grill

Review: Candies Restaurant & Grill

Posted in the Florissant Forum

Still hungry

United States

#1 Jun 14, 2011
I bought four chicken strips. One of them was the size of my thumb. I got a small handful of fries. Not much.. A can of soda... I paid eight dollars and some change. And the guy working the counter had a pretty nasty attitude. I was disappointed by the taste of the food and I will definitely not go back there. I give this place a few more months and the doors will be closed. Oh, I'm still hungry.
bye bye Candies

AOL

#2 Jun 14, 2011
Still hungry wrote:
I bought four chicken strips. One of them was the size of my thumb. I got a small handful of fries. Not much.. A can of soda... I paid eight dollars and some change. And the guy working the counter had a pretty nasty attitude. I was disappointed by the taste of the food and I will definitely not go back there. I give this place a few more months and the doors will be closed. Oh, I'm still hungry.
Yep, been there and done that. Not impressed.
fed up

Florissant, MO

#3 Jun 14, 2011
i have been there at least 6 time and other than a problem with the ac the food and service was great. hint if you want chichen strips go to burger king they will even give you a free hat with your kids meal.for gods sake look at the menu and try somthing other than a pre made chicken strip ,they have really good food,
Pale Dago

Saint Louis, MO

#4 Jun 15, 2011
Where is this place?
Sight here

Florissant, MO

#5 Jun 15, 2011
Pale Dago wrote:
Where is this place?
Paul and Charbonier. Very small strip mall surrounded by residential.
SDE

Florissant, MO

#6 Oct 22, 2011
OMG, the potato and green bean casserole was awesome!!
btchncletus

Troy, MO

#7 Oct 24, 2011
jus go to churchs chiken theys got da best chiken i wish they take my ebt
questioning

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Oct 25, 2011
btchncletus wrote:
In your mind, is that humor?
Ur Lame

Saint Louis, MO

#9 Oct 25, 2011
btchncletus wrote:
Your sense of humor is not only racist, it just isn't very funny.

But that doesn't surprise me.
Humor requires knowledge, cleverness and some intelligence.
Racists like you usually have a serious lack of all three qualities.

"Stupid is as stupid does."
- Mrs. Gump as quoted by her son Forrest.
Awesome Food

Clinton, MO

#10 Apr 21, 2012
Omg, I have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions. The green bean potato casserole is amazing. The macaroni and cheese is to die for. On Sundays they have soulfood and the sweet potatoes, greens, and cornbread are spectacular. We won't even speak of the peach cobbler, yummy!!!!! Watch out Sweetie Pies, Candies is in town.
angry1

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Apr 27, 2012
You've got to be kidding me. People come to these forums to voice their opinions, which is a great outlet, but they fail to mention whether or not they talked to the managers at said establishments. Continue to whine and groan about bad service, sure that's your right, but at least provide a valid recap of your experience AFTER you've given them a chance to make amends. Coming to an online forum such as this does nothing but prove how much of a complainer you are.
abc

Ava, MO

#12 May 1, 2012
abc
Elicia

United States

#13 Oct 21, 2012
I love the food! The cakes aren't good, but the peach cobbler is amazing!! This is real soul food cooked from scratch, not boxes taking short cuts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Realtor's comissions 3 hr Mouse 8
walmart sucks already 5 hr sharontey 15
How to fight against this racist site 8 hr Harder-head 19
Why is florissant so unkept? 14 hr Poo Tacos 6
Joe Eagan's Monthly Crime Report 14 hr Poo Tacos 4
Dellhood and Ferglock Mon Gee Whiz 36
a good laugh Sun hardhead 19
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages