Florissant Police Blotter: Burglaries...

Florissant Police Blotter: Burglaries Dominate the Latest Crimes

There are 13 comments on the Patch.com story from Oct 24, 2012, titled Florissant Police Blotter: Burglaries Dominate the Latest Crimes. In it, Patch.com reports that:

Oct. 12 Police responded to a residential burglary in the 500 block of Bennie. Oct. 13 A residential burglary occurred in the 2100 block of Keeven.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Patch.com.

conceal carry

United States

#1 Oct 24, 2012
Conceal carry is a permanent solution
new resident

Florissant, MO

#4 Oct 25, 2012
hardhead besides being a dickhead--shows what a true racist sounds like.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

#6 Oct 26, 2012
hardhead wrote:
hey new resident, ilived here all my life and you used to be able to have to not like your doors at night,leave your windows open and we never even took the keys out of our cars.now my wife and neigbors are scared to go to the store in the evenings.you have these blacks coming up to asking for money on the parking lots and they are loud in the stores.wakeup people, florissant use to be very nice the only thing that has changed is the blacks moving in and taking it down.look what happing around you!
I haven't experienced any problems such as you describe with anyone. Not that I am doubting your claims. My neighbor and I still walk our dogs in the evening and the early morning and I have no fear whatsoever.

I've also lived in Florissant for a long time (40+ years) have had a black neighbor for all of those years and never encountered any trouble with them or the new black families in our subdivision. But I never left doors unlocked or keys in my vehicle, never. Although there was less crime then in Florissant and every other community, I think doing such things is not a good idea.

But, I am concerned about the large groups of young adults/teens hanging out on corners. I know the police will come and check out such incidents if you call and usually break up the gathering. As far as I know there have not been any serious problems from such groups, but it does make some older people in the area uncomfortable. Neither have I've had only one encounter with a person asking for help when I was at an area shopping center. A man ask me to buy groceries for his family, but he was much older and was white. He agreed to follow me to the Florissant food pantry and it seemed he was telling the truth because he was placed on their list of residents needing assistance.

I still believe our city is basically safe and I have no intention of moving. In all the years I have lived in my neighborhood there has been only one robbery and that was done by teens who were classmates of the kids of the family that was robbed.(No the teens were not black.).

It's a given I will get some hostile and most likely abusive responses which is fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Still such things make me wonder about the basic character and attitude of the poster(s) who make such remarkds.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

#8 Oct 26, 2012
hardhead wrote:
lots of break in during daytime hours.my wife has had more than one person come up to her on flower valley parking lot asking for money.i have a police scanner and you would not believe the things that go on.grandview apartments is just none stop crime going on, same thing with sunswept.stop all the section 8 bull and maybe the city will come back.the only thing that has change in all these years is the people living there.
I can see where your wife would be upset being approached by anyone under those circumstances. There are city and county laws against 'panhandling'.

I don't know enough about Sect 8 housing to comment on it. I have to believe though that not all persons needing housing assistance are troublemakers. I believe maybe there just isn't good supervision concerning that type of housing. Neither by the housing authority or the city of Florissant.

My biggest concern is rental properties and absentee landlords. That was the problem at Sunswept before it was closed down by a court order. It is my understanding that it is under new management and a lot of changes have been/are being made.

There is one rental house on our street and it seems as if no one lives there for more than a few months. There haven't been any problems that would involve the police but the property isn't taken care of as well as it should be. I wonder if it might not belong to a company or something that uses it for temporary transfers of employees because it is quite an expensive house. Maybe that's the problem though the rental price.
Taco

Moscow Mills, MO

#11 Oct 27, 2012
hardhead wrote:
the black community does not put any importance 0n acting like civil human beings.most of the crime here is not done by people that live here,it"s all their city friends that come up here by bus make, trouble and then steal cars to go back to the city.look at all the problems at valley of the flowers ,same thing happens with it they come here to fight,steal,take shots at people.sit outside at night and you can hear gunshots.don:t worry about racial profiling let the police do their jobs.it:not my problem if the police stop cars and it turns out most blacks have no plates or insurance.i am not going anywhere,lived here to long and have home paid for ,but it sure feels and looks like the hood.
If it walks like the hood, talks like the hood, and looks like the hood..its the hood. Do you see it getting any better?
Mark B

Florissant, MO

#13 Oct 27, 2012
Nikki McMillan wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see where your wife would be upset being approached by anyone under those circumstances. There are city and county laws against 'panhandling'.
I don't know enough about Sect 8 housing to comment on it. I have to believe though that not all persons needing housing assistance are troublemakers. I believe maybe there just isn't good supervision concerning that type of housing. Neither by the housing authority or the city of Florissant.
My biggest concern is rental properties and absentee landlords. That was the problem at Sunswept before it was closed down by a court order. It is my understanding that it is under new management and a lot of changes have been/are being made.
There is one rental house on our street and it seems as if no one lives there for more than a few months. There haven't been any problems that would involve the police but the property isn't taken care of as well as it should be. I wonder if it might not belong to a company or something that uses it for temporary transfers of employees because it is quite an expensive house. Maybe that's the problem though the rental price.
“I CARE ABOUT FLORISSANT”. I do not like LOW-INCOME HOUSING planning to enter FLORISSANT.
Let me make this very clear, the vast majority of Florissant city leaders are unaware of an apartment
(Non owner occupied housing unit) development looking to enter into the city of Florissant.
See my post under low-income housing
So Sad

Florissant, MO

#14 Oct 29, 2012
Mark B wrote:
<quoted text>
“I CARE ABOUT FLORISSANT”. I do not like LOW-INCOME HOUSING planning to enter FLORISSANT.
Let me make this very clear, the vast majority of Florissant city leaders are unaware of an apartment
(Non owner occupied housing unit) development looking to enter into the city of Florissant.
See my post under low-income housing
I agree. Please provide a link to your post. I don't see it.
softhead

Saint Peters, MO

#18 Nov 2, 2012
hardhead wrote:
the police just caught 2 people in the middle of the day hiding in a back yard on delaware,chased them all over the place.don't know what they were up to but glad the cops got them.just goes to show you what has happen to the city,keep your doors locked.
what a fn surprise.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

#20 Nov 5, 2012
hardhead wrote:
why can't the city just say no low income housing, section 8 and protect our property values.the only people making out on it the slumlords.the city needs to make them keep their property's up to code and cleaned up. the city needs to keep tabs on how many people are living in some of these home's cousin's,aunt's, uncle's alot of them are like flop house's.the city needs to wake up and start enforceing the building codes.
Florissant did have an ordinance that only allowed people who were "blood related" or legally married in a traditional or blended family context to live in a single family dwelling. There was already a county law that governed apartment complexes as to number of residents in a unit.

They also had an ordinance that forbid subsidized housing of any kind and sub-lease restrictions. But, several years ago, the ACLU sued the city on behalf of the owners of Stonebridge Condos. The suit charged that the city laws were discriminatory against minorities and lower income citizens. Needless to say after a lot of money spent the city lost the suit.

The state appeals court found in favor of the ACLU not only where it concerned subsidized housing but also who and how many persons could live in single family residence.

And that is why things are the way they are now. Not because the city willingly allows it but because it was ruled by the MO. Courts and Federal court that Florissant engaged in discrminatory practices. And those practices violated the Constitutional rights of citizens.
low pay need apartment

Troy, MO

#21 Nov 5, 2012
what all the fuss? the low income peoples needs a place to live too. where is a good low income place there to live? We thinkin about movin up north to be with some of our familee that moved there from north st louis and east st louis. Is stoneberry a good place? We wants to be near shopping stores and places where we can use Snap and Wic. Thanks for your helps.
Interesting that

Florissant, MO

#22 Nov 5, 2012
low pay need apartment wrote:
what all the fuss? the low income peoples needs a place to live too. where is a good low income place there to live? We thinkin about movin up north to be with some of our familee that moved there from north st louis and east st louis. Is stoneberry a good place? We wants to be near shopping stores and places where we can use Snap and Wic. Thanks for your helps.
You are so concerned about Florissant and not your own area where one of your citizens was arrested for sexual assault against a 5-year-old girl. Or a female jogger was sexually harassed by a teen. or...you want the rest of the list?

I suggest you give up trying to by witty (even though you made it half way as in half-wit) and take care of the problems in your own city.
oh jeez

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#24 Nov 5, 2012
Interesting that wrote:
<quoted text>
You are so concerned about Florissant and not your own area where one of your citizens was arrested for sexual assault against a 5-year-old girl. Or a female jogger was sexually harassed by a teen. or...you want the rest of the list?
I suggest you give up trying to by witty (even though you made it half way as in half-wit) and take care of the problems in your own city.
why do a holes like you always twist shit? the poor person was looking for a decent place to live in your area and you go on the attack. whats the matter jack ball? is there something about YOUR area that you're ashamed of? what a jerk you are.
I think

Florissant, MO

#25 Nov 6, 2012
oh jeez wrote:
<quoted text>why do a holes like you always twist shit? the poor person was looking for a decent place to live in your area and you go on the attack. whats the matter jack ball? is there something about YOUR area that you're ashamed of? what a jerk you are.
you should read the post again. It obviously is some racist twit trying to sound like a black and/low income person. What's the matter that you don't recognize a race baiting Troll when you see one?

Or maybe that Troll is really you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Concerns Regarding Keith English @ Dist. 68 46 min abc 10
shame in libya (Sep '12) 4 hr exposing florissant 20
Hillary Clinton E-Mails (Dec '15) 6 hr exposing florissant 90
What is the DNC Hiding ? 6 hr hardhead 17
Florissant Occupancy Laws (Oct '07) 9 hr Dtb314 27
Poll Do You Feel Safer Than You Did 7 Years Ago ? (Dec '15) 11 hr TTU 185
Hillbilly Hilly for Prez? Nope. (Jan '16) 11 hr Marcus Welby 76

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages