Florissant ordinances
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nicole McMillan

Florissant, MO

#21 Sep 18, 2012
kadidid wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for your suggestions. The petition idea is something my neighbor and I have talked about. How does one get information about this so it is done in the right way and is effective? I'm glad you and your neighbors got a situation resolved, sounds like the owner stepped up and is being responsible. Surely you could understand that not all owners of property will give you those results, which has been my experience.
I have to say though,I don't believe that I'm just griping on a forum and expecting change. I was just responding to the original post of this thread, giving my opinion and personal comments about what I've dealt with as far as how the city handles ordinances. Isn't that what a forum is? Clearly my posts state that I have been in touch and voiced my concerns to my councilperson. We've had many phone conversations and e-mail correspondence. He has forwarded my e-mails to the mayor's office and different department heads, why would I think appearing at a council meeting would make a difference?
Sorry, but I didn't post that particular message. I wish this site had a login so other people can't "swipe" your moniker/name and post things that are misleading or whatever. That would, I think keep a lot of the people who resort to obscenities and name calling off here also.

Anyway, whoever (whomever?) posted it must know something about our neighborhood's problem. Because we did take a petition signed by the majority of subdivison residents and submit it to the council.

I know that sounds mean spirited, but it was, really a last resort. A lot of us had offered to help the family clean up things like getting the trash out on pick up day, helping with the yard work if they had trouble doing it. I really don't know how that would be a problem because none of the residents were elderly or physically impaired. Nothing worked though, so we did what we felt was reasonable and needed.

This kind of situation is really difficult to deal with because most people don't want too look like a person who doesn't care about being kind and cooperative. But, then you get frustrated too, because you take the time and do the work to keep your place up and a few people just don't care. I'm not including people who have fallen on bad times and just can't afford doing some things, that I can understand, even relate to. I mean the owner's of rental properties that don't monitor their tenants and as I said before, those persons who just don't give a darn.

A few of us composed a letter stating what we felt were problems affecting the neighborhood as a whole and then went around the subdivision explaining our position and asked people to sign. Some did and some didn't. We didn't tell anyone which house or the name of the people, that info was given only to the city officials who needed to know. I'm sure it wasn't too hard to figure out, but still we tried to be as subtle as possible.

If you want to discuss an issue at a public meeting you have to be placed on the agenda before the meeting though. Or at least you did a couple of years ago, it may have changed by now.
kadidid

Florissant, MO

#22 Sep 18, 2012
Old Coot wrote:
<quoted text>
The purpose of bringing up the issue in front of the city council is so your concerns will become a public record. That way you have confirmation that you have notified the proper officials and they need to take action.
BTW, I think you sure are sensitive. It's "obvious" to me that the poster was making a general statement and you took it as a personal matter. Which is one of the biggest problems when it comes to these forum things. People get on their high horse acting like they are being picked on when it just isn't so.
BTW, I think you are insensitive. It's obvious to me that the poster replied to my personal post. I appreciated what they had to say and did not feel like I was being "picked on" (until, now) So excuse me, while I go find a ladder to get down off my high horse.
kadidid

Florissant, MO

#23 Sep 18, 2012
Nicole McMillan wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, but I didn't post that particular message. I wish this site had a login so other people can't "swipe" your moniker/name and post things that are misleading or whatever. That would, I think keep a lot of the people who resort to obscenities and name calling off here also.
Anyway, whoever (whomever?) posted it must know something about our neighborhood's problem. Because we did take a petition signed by the majority of subdivison residents and submit it to the council.
I know that sounds mean spirited, but it was, really a last resort. A lot of us had offered to help the family clean up things like getting the trash out on pick up day, helping with the yard work if they had trouble doing it. I really don't know how that would be a problem because none of the residents were elderly or physically impaired. Nothing worked though, so we did what we felt was reasonable and needed.
This kind of situation is really difficult to deal with because most people don't want too look like a person who doesn't care about being kind and cooperative. But, then you get frustrated too, because you take the time and do the work to keep your place up and a few people just don't care. I'm not including people who have fallen on bad times and just can't afford doing some things, that I can understand, even relate to. I mean the owner's of rental properties that don't monitor their tenants and as I said before, those persons who just don't give a darn.
A few of us composed a letter stating what we felt were problems affecting the neighborhood as a whole and then went around the subdivision explaining our position and asked people to sign. Some did and some didn't. We didn't tell anyone which house or the name of the people, that info was given only to the city officials who needed to know. I'm sure it wasn't too hard to figure out, but still we tried to be as subtle as possible.
If you want to discuss an issue at a public meeting you have to be placed on the agenda before the meeting though. Or at least you did a couple of years ago, it may have changed by now.
Thank you for your reply. I didn't realize people would post using other people's names, but now that I think about it, I'm not surprised. This is the first time I ever posted on a topic. I never had before because a lot of times the threads I would read would become argumentative with the silly name calling,etc. and get completely off subject. I never wanted to play that game, so I probably shouldn't of even responded to "Old Coot".
Well, I really can relate to what you had to say. The petition info is helpful. I wish it didn't even have to come to this point. In all the years I've lived here, I've never even thought of calling on a neighbor until this nightmare. It's been a thorn in our sides for too long now. Yes, it is very frustrating because this is definitely a situation of the owner & renter just not caring and our councilperson agrees with that too. I'm trying to stay optimistic and move forward with trying to get things resolved. It's helpful to hear from people like you and others that understand the issue at hand here.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

#25 Sep 19, 2012
kadidid wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for your reply. I didn't realize people would post using other people's names, but now that I think about it, I'm not surprised. This is the first time I ever posted on a topic. I never had before because a lot of times the threads I would read would become argumentative with the silly name calling,etc. and get completely off subject. I never wanted to play that game, so I probably shouldn't of even responded to "Old Coot".
Well, I really can relate to what you had to say. The petition info is helpful. I wish it didn't even have to come to this point. In all the years I've lived here, I've never even thought of calling on a neighbor until this nightmare. It's been a thorn in our sides for too long now. Yes, it is very frustrating because this is definitely a situation of the owner & renter just not caring and our councilperson agrees with that too. I'm trying to stay optimistic and move forward with trying to get things resolved. It's helpful to hear from people like you and others that understand the issue at hand here.
I know it is really, really difficult to deal with it all. Myself and others tried very hard not to see the situation on a personal basis. I have nothing against the residents, they seem like nice people but they just had no interest in being a part of the neighborhood in the matter of upkeep of the property.

It really isn't that difficult to keep your yard and house looking presentable. It isn't necessary to have planters and what have you but mowing and trimming the lawn; keeping your trash cans from spilling all over; putting away bikes, tools, etc. instead of just throwing it anywhere and leaving doesn't seem too much to expect from someone. The city health department cited them several times for feeding their dogs outside which of course created a rodent problem.

There were worse things involving domestic disputes and so forth that's a different matter for different authorities. I was mostly upset that they just didn't make the effort until they and the landlord were forced to do so. I was told the residents have the option to buy contract and so I guess the house is in theory theirs. Maybe that will make a difference, hopefully so.

I found it embarrassing for myself to have to take it to the city council. I really felt like a mean old troublemaker even though I know that's not true.

Anyway, good luck, maybe things will straighten out on there own. Some people actually do "get the message" eventually.
AhhA

Irving, TX

#26 Sep 20, 2012
When does the CHIMP Leash Law take EFFECT???
HMMM

Florissant, MO

#27 Sep 21, 2012
AhhA wrote:
When does the CHIMP Leash Law take EFFECT???
Since it shows your location as being in Texas that explains your ignorance. Yep... Texas where they separate the men from their livestock with a cattle prod.
Of course it could be you aren't from Texas and just another example of someone whose gene pool contains too much chlorine.
hmmmm

Saint Charles, MO

#28 Sep 21, 2012
HMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
Since it shows your location as being in Texas that explains your ignorance. Yep... Texas where they separate the men from their livestock with a cattle prod.
Of course it could be you aren't from Texas and just another example of someone whose gene pool contains too much chlorine.
And since your locations says "Florissant", what does that say for you other than you're obviously a smart a$$.
HMMM

Florissant, MO

#29 Sep 21, 2012
hmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>And since your locations says "Florissant", what does that say for you other than you're obviously a smart a$$.
How nice to see someone sticking up for a racist. But then that doesn't actually surprise me, all things considered.

BTW, thanks for the compliment, I know you meant it as an insult...better luck next try.
AhhA

Irving, TX

#30 Sep 21, 2012
HMMM wrote:
<quoted text>
How nice to see someone sticking up for a racist. But then that doesn't actually surprise me, all things considered.
BTW, thanks for the compliment, I know you meant it as an insult...better luck next try.
I believe you are the real RACIST here, but then again what do I know I'm from TEXAS?? Like you got a problem with TEXAS BOY? Better keep it in the trees before we all get wise and break out the nets....matilda AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH!
You gotta love the

Florissant, MO

#31 Sep 21, 2012
AhhA wrote:
<quoted text>I believe you are the real RACIST here, but then again what do I know I'm from TEXAS?? Like you got a problem with TEXAS BOY? Better keep it in the trees before we all get wise and break out the nets....matilda AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHH!
in-breeders. They keep the asylums in business. Easy to spot because their family tree doesn't have any branches, just goes straight up.
AhhA

Irving, TX

#32 Sep 21, 2012
You gotta love the wrote:
<quoted text>
in-breeders. They keep the asylums in business. Easy to spot because their family tree doesn't have any branches, just goes straight up.
Speaking of trees I saw your mom swinging from one last time I drove down GRAHAM RD....Here is something I thought you might enjoy:Matilda the Gorilla - YouTubewww.youtube.com/watch... A little family tree history for you KUNTA..AAAAAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAAAA A!!!!!!
nude dancing

United States

#33 Sep 24, 2012
The new Bottoms Up tavern in Florissant on St Francois is allowing nearly nude dancing.
They should be closed up.
Really

High Ridge, MO

#34 Sep 24, 2012
nude dancing wrote:
The new Bottoms Up tavern in Florissant on St Francois is allowing nearly nude dancing.
They should be closed up.
No one cares because they are all CHIMPS , it's like beastiality
Really Really

Florissant, MO

#35 Sep 25, 2012
Really wrote:
<quoted text>No one cares because they are all CHIMPS , it's like beastiality
And I bet you are an expert on beastiality! As in, "takes one to know one"

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Cabela's Moving from the Mills?? (Jan '14) 1 hr Taco of Totality 87
Florissant Fire Dept. & Santa Fri exposing florissant 9
Crime Free Residential Rental Seminar Fri White Chick 21
Quote Of The Week (Mar '15) Thu exposing florissant 252
Poll Do You Trust the Media ? (Apr '16) Dec 7 Marcus Welby 45
Republican Weasels Dec 7 Marcus Welby 1
Burning the American Flag Dec 6 White Chick 51

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages