North County Businesses You Can't Live Without, Facebook Fans Name Many

Oct 28, 2012 Read more: Patch.com 8

I had no idea when I wrote that question that so many would have opinions on North County business staples.

Read more
Yea back to work

Florissant, MO

#1 Oct 31, 2012
I was laid off from my job and my 12 year old car broke down. My neighbor suggested The Pit Crew on New Halls Ferry right by Kmart in Flower Valley. Service was great, friendly guys good mechanics cost was really, really reasonable. They work on new and old (I mean OLD) vehicles and know how to fix both. They also won't try to talk you into getting other stuff done but they let you know if they see something that might cause a problem later. They remind me of the garage my dad used to go to where the owners and mechanics treated you like a friend and not like a $ sign. Don't work for them or even know any of them very well, just a very satisfied customer.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

#2 Oct 31, 2012
Hendel's Market/Cafe on St.Denis and Old Town Doughnut on New Florissant.

I have used Pit Crew a couple of times though and they are a nice bunch of people. I usually get state inspections there.
Marcus Welby

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Oct 31, 2012
For any of you who haven't made the connection, Pit Crew is the same business that used to be located at Dunn Rd and New Florissant Rd. They always did good work there as well but their business outgrew the building.
Juaqeen

Lake Saint Louis, MO

#4 Nov 1, 2012
I be likin the Title Max. Without thems, I coudnt be getin my baby momma a present.
jeffreydennis

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Nov 6, 2012
Got some real winners here don't we? The cleaners called, some of you need to pick your hoods and sheets.
Nikki McMillan

Florissant, MO

#7 Nov 7, 2012
jeffreydennis wrote:
Got some real winners here don't we? The cleaners called, some of you need to pick your hoods and sheets.
Yes there seems to be a few malcontents or maybe they are just attention seekers, probably both.

I know some intelligent posters (no sarcasm intended) enjoy responding to them and perhaps they should let them know how ignorant they behave. I prefer to just let them rant as I believe they are so close minded and bigoted they aren't worth spending time on.
Really

Florissant, MO

#9 Nov 7, 2012
hardhead wrote:
that's what we need is the guys with the hoods and sheets to come in and clean up the city.
Since you are so sure about everything you should be willing to go "clean up the city". Why are you asking someone else to do it?
If you think you are big enough to talk the talk then you shoould be big enough to walk the walk.

Unless of course talk is all you can do!
Lots of places

Florissant, MO

#10 Nov 8, 2012
City Diner, Heifer's, D'Lish (fantastic cheese cake), and of course Old Town Doughnuts. There's dozens of great dining and shopping places and stuff to do.

How come there are so many negative people here and the other topics? I love Florissant, lived here for years and years wouldn't live anywhere else.

Maybe the negative people should look elsewhere so they can be happy and quit trying to bring those of us who are happy into being like them. Doom and gloom...no thanks, life is to darn short to sit around griping and pointing fingers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
bus stops 2 hr SevenSixTwo 3
News New fear: What happens in Ferguson if no charges? (Aug '14) 6 hr Old Timer 3,404
Thug gets new heart. Still a criminal 8 hr Tom 2
Poll Vote for Next Florissant Mayor 12 hr Vote For Mark 96
Cabela's Moving from the Mills?? (Jan '14) 16 hr ATVrider2 45
R U a Racist? 18 hr madjacb 14
The STL metro homocide posting thread.... Tue ATVrider2 10
More from around the web

Florissant People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]