Veterans day parade
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

“also know as ratwinger”

Since: Aug 07

FLORISSANT MISSOURI

#1 Nov 1, 2007
what time and where does the Florissant veterans day parade start?
I did not find any thing on the city of Florissant web site.
I guess it is too busy promoting the bob riding an elephant, we all know that stroking his ego is more important than honoring those who have served this great nation of ours.

“Voice of the Valley”

Valley of Flowers

#2 Nov 1, 2007
Sheesh Rat what do you want from the Mayor?? Respect?

You mean you didn't get your VFW membership by kissing ass and handing our favors?

I bet your earned your's the hard way, huh? Like my Uncle slogging around the mountains of Vietnman and Loas and leaving his right leg from the knee down over there.

You know my Dad, My Uncle and all my Dad's buddies are Vets. It's a shame that people in places most American's can't pronounce think more highly of our guys than we do.

The only thing this Mayor cares about Vets is getting his mug in the paper and making some more face time. I mean, heck it's not even an Election Year!!!

Veteran's Day always make me think of a song by Billy Ray Cyrus:

All gave some
and some gave all
some stood true for the Red, White and Blue
and some had to fall

God Bless our Vets, our Troops and God Bless America
Pethead

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Nov 1, 2007
The only veterans Lowery honors is veteran pipe fitters.
In The Know

Sugar Land, TX

#4 Nov 2, 2007
Ratwinger

Here is the press release PLEASE NOTE the date is WRONG the parade is on Novemeber 11th NOT the 12th
http://tinyurl.com/3y5lxb

We are lucky the parade goes right in front of the house!!! Stop by you'll know us by the flags in the front - you won't be able to miss us!!!
We always have a great PARTY and unlike The Bob we will have SEVERAL Veterans there Air Force - Army - Navy and we could always use a Marine! <g> -

The saddiest thing is that The Bob is the Parade Marshall - a man who did not serve - I am sure that we could have found Iraqi war Vets to honor instead of someone who mananged to avoid service during Vietnam - sorry this is a sensitive subject in my book - it still makes my blood boil to think the VFW gave him honorary status - BS you either serve or you don't no ifs ands or buts!!!
ratwinger 63031 wrote:
what time and where does the Florissant veterans day parade start?
I did not find any thing on the city of Florissant web site.
I guess it is too busy promoting the bob riding an elephant, we all know that stroking his ego is more important than honoring those who have served this great nation of ours.
USMCRetired

Troy, MO

#5 Nov 2, 2007
Alright ladies and gentlemen, enough about Bob this and Bob that. This parade hasn't got a damn thing to do with him!! It's about honoring all the brave hearts who put their fannies on the ragged edge every time our great nation called on them to do the heavy lifting. And I don't want to hear any of the BS from those pantie waste posters in here who like to go off on long winded rants and show us how literate they are or the ones who they think they know all about city hall! I don't want to see any crap in here about how you think the blacks are overtaking your city, crime, gangs, or any of the other topics that are worthy of another string! This string is about our Veterans and them alone!! If it wasn't for the men and women of the armed forces doing the dirty work, all you pathetic young punks and know it alls in here with attitudes wouldn't have a platform from which to spew your garbage in the first place! FORGET BOB, THIS IS ABOUT OUR VETERANS. I'M DAMN PROUD OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! In the words of our brother Aaron Tippin..."I pledge allegiance to this flag. And if that bothers you, well that's too bad!"

SEMPER FI!

Since: May 07

Florissant MO

#6 Nov 2, 2007
Nobody is saying anything against our veterans. Your thread had a point, until you called us all punks and know it alls. Way to earn respect, and loose it all in the same post.
The name of this thread is Veterans Day Parade. Its about the parade and the people in it.
North County Girl

O Fallon, MO

#7 Nov 2, 2007
USMCRetired wrote:
...enough about Bob this and Bob that. This parade hasn't got a damn thing to do with him!! It's about honoring all the brave hearts who put their fannies on the ragged edge...FORGET BOB, THIS IS ABOUT OUR VETERANS. I'M DAMN PROUD OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM!"
SEMPER FI!
Hey, USMC, this parade is HEADED by the Bob and has been made "political" in that regard, so you can cut your garbage as well. Bob never served. How does someone like The Bob, who's worked so hard and in so many petty ways to take away citizens' free speech, get to be head of a parade honoring the vets who fought for these same American freedoms? Will he be riding an elephant? Or maybe, since he was declared "Savior," in a "newspaper" he paid for himself, he will be riding a white donkey.

I'm proud of the veterans, too, especially my Dad who served in the Navy in the Pacific during WWII. Having El Robo head up this parade is NOT an honorable thing, in my view.

And thank YOU for your service, if you are retired USMC as well.
Be there

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Nov 2, 2007
USMCRetired wrote:
Alright ladies and gentlemen, enough about Bob this and Bob that. This parade hasn't got a damn thing to do with him!! It's about honoring all the brave hearts who put their fannies on the ragged edge every time our great nation called on them to do the heavy lifting. And I don't want to hear any of the BS from those pantie waste posters in here who like to go off on long winded rants and show us how literate they are or the ones who they think they know all about city hall! I don't want to see any crap in here about how you think the blacks are overtaking your city, crime, gangs, or any of the other topics that are worthy of another string! This string is about our Veterans and them alone!! If it wasn't for the men and women of the armed forces doing the dirty work, all you pathetic young punks and know it alls in here with attitudes wouldn't have a platform from which to spew your garbage in the first place! FORGET BOB, THIS IS ABOUT OUR VETERANS. I'M DAMN PROUD OF EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM! In the words of our brother Aaron Tippin..."I pledge allegiance to this flag. And if that bothers you, well that's too bad!"
SEMPER FI!
The 4th annual Florissant Veteran’s Day Parade is Sunday, November 11, 2007 starting at 1:00 pm. The parade route starts on rue St. Francois near St. Ferdinand and proceeds up rue St. Francois to Florissant Road and turns right and then makes a left on St. Catherine to Waterford and then turns left and ends at the James J. Eagan Center. The 2007 Florissant Veteran of the Year will be honored at the end of the parade.
This parade has marching and mounted units, military vehicles, local high school marching bands and many vehicles carrying veterans and special guests. The Parade Marshall is Magraw Millhaven of KTRS radio who will deliver the keynote speech. The Grand Marshall is Mayor Robert Lowery.
The mayor is not a veteran. People rattling on about the mayor doesn't show any disrespect to our military personel. It's a free country. That's why jarheads like you get to post things here and show their ignorance just like everyone else. You just happen to be better at it than some.
USMCRetired

Troy, MO

#9 Nov 2, 2007
crab wrote:
Nobody is saying anything against our veterans. Your thread had a point, until you called us all punks and know it alls. Way to earn respect, and loose it all in the same post.
The name of this thread is Veterans Day Parade. Its about the parade and the people in it.
The punks and know it alls in here know who they are. If the shoe fits...you know the drill. I'll be damned if I defend my statement to you or anybody else. I stand by my words Jeffy and anytime you feel the need to challenge them, you just name the time and the place. I'll gladly be there!
USMCRetired

Troy, MO

#10 Nov 2, 2007
North County Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, USMC, this parade is HEADED by the Bob and has been made "political" in that regard, so you can cut your garbage as well. Bob never served. How does someone like The Bob, who's worked so hard and in so many petty ways to take away citizens' free speech, get to be head of a parade honoring the vets who fought for these same American freedoms? Will he be riding an elephant? Or maybe, since he was declared "Savior," in a "newspaper" he paid for himself, he will be riding a white donkey.
I'm proud of the veterans, too, especially my Dad who served in the Navy in the Pacific during WWII. Having El Robo head up this parade is NOT an honorable thing, in my view.
And thank YOU for your service, if you are retired USMC as well.
Who gives a rats a** if he is in the parade. It's people like you who can't look past his presence there and get over it. It really bugs you and your buddies that he's involved doesn't it? Quit your whining. The real heroes are the ones who are behind him in the parade genius. If you're that worried about HIM being in the parade then you're pretty short sighted. Get a life.
crab

Saint Louis, MO

#11 Nov 2, 2007
USMCRetired wrote:
<quoted text>
The punks and know it alls in here know who they are. If the shoe fits...you know the drill. I'll be damned if I defend my statement to you or anybody else. I stand by my words Jeffy and anytime you feel the need to challenge them, you just name the time and the place. I'll gladly be there!
I think you need to cool your temper. Nobody is attacking you. You can ignore this thread if it bothers you that much. I bet the all of us here support and love our service men, present and past. We are all thankful for what they have done, and know how lucky we are. We also think its unfair to them that Lowery lies about his military experience and basically made himself a hero. Its not fair to any vetran who served in any war that this lying sack of you know what is taking credit away from real heros.
I can stand by what I said too. If you dont like it, tough.
North County Girl

O Fallon, MO

#12 Nov 2, 2007
USMCRetired wrote:
<quoted text>
Who gives a rats a** if he is in the parade. It's people like you who can't look past his presence there and get over it. It really bugs you and your buddies that he's involved doesn't it? Quit your whining. The real heroes are the ones who are behind him in the parade genius. If you're that worried about HIM being in the parade then you're pretty short sighted. Get a life.
Wow, thanks for setting me straight, Mr. Bully! I agree with you about the real heroes. The visual irony will be perfect.

And might suggest likewise that you shouldn't concern yourself about anyone on here and should spend your time in more productive ways if the people on here so aggravate YOU. You don't have to waste your time criticizing and advising all of the folks here that they should get a life. That's the pot calling the kettle black. You are kind of a whiner, yourself, aren't you, and you call other people that? You can't seem to look past the posts here and get over THEM.

I'll be at the parade with my Dad (look for Navy attire) and kids to honor the vets. Are you coming?

“also know as ratwinger”

FLORISSANT MISSOURI

#13 Nov 2, 2007
hey J Dub no VFW for me us vets of the great cold war (RIP MR. Reagan) can only join the American Legion.
Crab,nope the retired jar head cant 'cool his temper' he is probably a retired GUNNY they all were short tempered when I was in,but I will say that is the rank I have the most respect for.
to you retired USMC thanks for serving and HAPPY BIRTHDAY.
if you cannot stand behind our troops please feel free to stand in front of them.
see you at the egan cnter the day of the parade.
I will be the one on the motorcycle with all of the stickers on it

cowfart

Warrensburg, MO

#14 Nov 2, 2007
I have to say this. For the most part i have been pretty silly on this board but now i will say this with all seriousness.
Thank you Ratwinger, and USMC for what you have done. I dont need to know specifics, but I know that you served, to me that makes you a hero, and you deserve more than a parade. You are what makes this country shine, and if I ever meet you face to face I wont be ashamed to salute you, and give you a big hug. America needs you, dont forget that.
GAD

Allenton, MO

#15 Nov 4, 2007
Can you say PROZAC?
USMCRetired wrote:
<quoted text>

“Live By The Golden Rule”

Since: Nov 07

Florissant

#16 Nov 4, 2007
cowfart wrote:
I have to say this. For the most part i have been pretty silly on this board but now i will say this with all seriousness.
Thank you Ratwinger, and USMC for what you have done. I dont need to know specifics, but I know that you served, to me that makes you a hero, and you deserve more than a parade. You are what makes this country shine, and if I ever meet you face to face I wont be ashamed to salute you, and give you a big hug. America needs you, dont forget that.
Amen
North County Girl

O Fallon, MO

#17 Nov 5, 2007
GAD wrote:
Can you say PROZAC?<quoted text>
GAD, thanks for making my day, my fellow Walnut Parkian.
Pethead

Saint Louis, MO

#18 Nov 12, 2007
While I wasn't able to attend the parade Sunday, my thoughts were focused on the Veterans and our troops in Iraq and other military bases around the world.

I thought Karen McKay's and Tom Schneider's announcements about Veteran's Day were quite touching. Even if Schneider's speech was written, it was well written and he did a fine job on it.

While the mayor praised his brother, 16 years his senior by saying he could tell more about his experience without having to read it like Mr. Schneider did. While I have no disrespect for the mayor's brother. I did find it insulting to Mr. Schneider because one could tell he put very much thought and work into his speech.

And my thoughts and prayers go out to the Hernandez family. God Bless Florissant and God Bless America!

“Voice of the Valley”

Valley of Flowers

#19 Nov 13, 2007
Pethead wrote:
Even if Schneider's speech was written, it was well written and he did a fine job on it.
While the mayor praised his brother, 16 years his senior by saying he could tell more about his experience without having to read it like Mr. Schneider did. While I have no disrespect for the mayor's brother. I did find it insulting to Mr. Schneider because one could tell he put very much thought and work into his speech.
What the heck?? Writing down your speech is something bad??

If the Mayor spoke from prepared remarks, he'd probably stop making an ass of himself by saying stupid things.
bunky

AOL

#20 Nov 13, 2007
Hmm usmc retired You sound like a braggart to me.As you well know this is a free country as you well know.If you were in the marines then you fought for the right of these people to have there say regardless of what is is about.You remind me of my D.I. I had at paris island in 1967,he was a bully and sounded alot like you .Needless to say he was the first ass I kicked before shipping out to nam.If you feel the need to meet someone I will be happy to oblige you.Otherwise shut your face and yap and let this forum be open minded like it was intended.One more hint ( these putors have on-off buttons.
SEMPER FI SIR....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
School Board 8 hr suggest for the mods 28
News Vote dilution was used to keep blacks off of Fe... 9 hr go the f away 11
Poll Do You Feel Safer Than You Did 7 Years Ago ? (Dec '15) 10 hr exposing florissant 195
Hillbilly Hilly for Prez? Nope. (Jan '16) 10 hr Marcus Welby 115
Quote Of The Week (Mar '15) 11 hr exposing florissant 208
Do not use Jim's Handyman Services Wed Boss Taco 9
negro watching (Feb '16) Wed Boss Taco 280

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages