hazelwood central student dies from s...

hazelwood central student dies from swine flu

Posted in the Florissant Forum

hgj

United States

#1 Sep 24, 2009
Ohmy

Florissant, MO

#2 Sep 24, 2009
This is so sad! I saw the little girl's picture on the news and the interview with her mother. I cannot imagine what this family is going through. Prayer to you, Conley family and my deepest sympathy.
seriously

Florissant, MO

#4 Sep 25, 2009
The schools need to be sending kids home if they are sick! This is ridiculous!
no one home

AOL

#5 Sep 25, 2009
seriously wrote:
The schools need to be sending kids home if they are sick! This is ridiculous!
send the kids home to who. most of the time, no one is home. schools will be setting their gyms up as hospital wards before this is over.
seriously

Florissant, MO

#7 Sep 25, 2009
no one home wrote:
<quoted text>
send the kids home to who. most of the time, no one is home. schools will be setting their gyms up as hospital wards before this is over.
So what! Get them away from me kids.
Hmmmmm

United States

#8 Sep 25, 2009
concerned wrote:
this is very scary. people were told to stay home from work or school if they have a fever. but what I have seen at my job is that people still come to work and also the cdc has already said you are contagious at leat 24 to 48 hours before you develop a fever and symptoms. this is not like any other year, when its just the regular flu.
People come to work and school sick like this because if they dont they suffer the consiquences (sp) thats what is sad now adays most parents cant come home to take care of a sick child ebcause of risk of losing their job and who else wants to take care of a kid who has swine flu in fear they or their family might get it...i think if a child is thought to have swine flu they need to be taken to the hospital right then and there...my job good luck trying to leave here if ur sick no one to cover anything...thats why it spreads so much people care more about what school is going to think or if they will have a job when they come back then their own health
seriously

Florissant, MO

#9 Sep 25, 2009
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
People come to work and school sick like this because if they dont they suffer the consiquences (sp) thats what is sad now adays most parents cant come home to take care of a sick child ebcause of risk of losing their job and who else wants to take care of a kid who has swine flu in fear they or their family might get it...i think if a child is thought to have swine flu they need to be taken to the hospital right then and there...my job good luck trying to leave here if ur sick no one to cover anything...thats why it spreads so much people care more about what school is going to think or if they will have a job when they come back then their own health
Thaat is what is wrong with America today. I would never put work over my kids, but that is just how I live my life.
Devil Dog

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Sep 25, 2009
no one said they were being secretive? A little on the defensive, mark?
CJB

Lenexa, KS

#11 Sep 25, 2009
Devil Dog wrote:
no one said they were being secretive? A little on the defensive, mark?
On another topix page someone did say that.
Devil Dog

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Sep 25, 2009
So his post is out of place here? Put it where it belongs.
CJB

Lenexa, KS

#13 Sep 25, 2009
Relax buddy. I was just bringing it to attention if you wanted to go over and read it.
jeanette

Florissant, MO

#14 Oct 30, 2009
Hmmmmm wrote:
<quoted text>
You're right, those are issues that compound the H1N1 problem. But I sympathize with those who fear losing their jobs because a child gets swine flue; and who will care for their child? My single daughter (mother of 3 little girls) has just been told her middle daughter has H1N1. She thinks she has her care covered; but if the other two get it... I'm getting a flight to Minneapolis, where they live, because she is concerned about keeping her job. Also just heard from Northern Indiana and my sister's grandchild has it.(These are relatives who are extremely healthy; and will probably be fine)... but I do believe that it will get much worse, before it's better. Is anyone on this forum thread thinking of getting the vaccine? I haven't; because I'm older and quite healthy. Is the vaccine even available anywhere for those who should get it (young people and those with health problems)? There were 9 other children home from school with suspected (not confirmed yet) flu in my granddaughter's class.
I'd be interested in knowing how many cases in Florissant.
Big Johnson

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 31, 2009
These are tough problems for all to face. Please get your vaccine shots now.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Quote Of The Week (Mar '15) 2 hr exposing florissant 209
School Board 9 hr Boss Taco 38
Are you sick of the racist posts? 11 hr hardhead 3
News Vote dilution was used to keep blacks off of Fe... Fri go f youself 13
Poll Do You Feel Safer Than You Did 7 Years Ago ? (Dec '15) Thu exposing florissant 195
Hillbilly Hilly for Prez? Nope. (Jan '16) Aug 25 Marcus Welby 115
Do not use Jim's Handyman Services Aug 24 Boss Taco 9

Florissant Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Florissant Mortgages