First Prev
of 6
Next Last
new2flo

Kansas City, MO

#1 Sep 13, 2009
I'm new to the area, what are some good bars to go to, don't want a drama bar just a place to relax, with some good conversation. Thanks for any info.
Cards Fan

United States

#2 Sep 13, 2009
Cugino's on 67
Barfly

Saint Louis, MO

#3 Sep 14, 2009
new2flo wrote:
I'm new to the area, what are some good bars to go to, don't want a drama bar just a place to relax, with some good conversation. Thanks for any info.
It depends on what you want in a bar.
Things like atmosphere or decor, nice people running things, nice employees, nice customers, live music, karaoke, games, outside area, good food, cleanliness, good prices and good selections of beverages.
There are NO bars in Florissant that I would give 5 stars. There are a lot of two and three star places and maybe a few 4 star places.
Most places offer some good aspects and some not-so-good aspects so there are few bars in the entire region that would get 5 stars.
jmr

United States

#4 Sep 14, 2009
Bunkers in Old Towne (you can sit outside), Cugino's, and Coltrane's are all good dives.
Watering Holes

Grand Prairie, TX

#5 Sep 14, 2009
new2flo wrote:
Gettemeiers on Thunderbird off of Lindbergh

Locker Room, on Lindbergh by Post Office

Deavers, at Charbonier and Howdershell

All Bar: Gators in Surrey Plaza II, off Lindbergh
Marcus Welby

Saint Louis, MO

#6 Sep 14, 2009
Watering Holes wrote:
<quoted text>
Gettemeiers on Thunderbird off of Lindbergh
Locker Room, on Lindbergh by Post Office
Deavers, at Charbonier and Howdershell
All Bar: Gators in Surrey Plaza II, off Lindbergh
I haven't been to Gettemeiers in about 5 years so maybe it has changed since then. It used to be extremely smoky (more so than most bars) if that's an issue to you.
justsayin

Saint Louis, MO

#7 Sep 14, 2009
Ghettos remodled and expanded. the old place was way to smokey, I havent been there in yrs tho..
yacovellis

Saint Louis, MO

#8 Sep 14, 2009
Yacovelli's have remodeled and renamed the bar. The Sand Trap. Plus, entertainment a couple nights a week.
brewsker

Hazelwood, MO

#9 Sep 14, 2009
Brewskeez, lots of drink specials and live music on the weekends.
Joes pub, very smokey but nice small place to hang out for a while before the croud shows up and makes it smokey
Quicker Liquor

Saint Louis, MO

#10 Sep 14, 2009
I like Bunker's outside area and the bar is old and has some character. It is an okay place.
I haven't been to the new Pete's Pub. I saw that he moved over a space or two at the Rizzo's strip mall. I hope this facility has better ventilation, the old Pete's was pretty smoky at times. Pete's a nice guy.
If you want to hang out with the "in-crowd" Mattingly's is popular.
Deavers is pretty nice.
The new Joe's Pub on St. Francois is a big improvement over the old one but nothing to get excited about.
Cugino's in okay.
Hooters is clean and has some interesting points.

Off the subject a bit.
Tiger's use to be down at New Florissant and St. Anthony where the Gabi's liquor store is located now.
I saw that the "non-union" ALPS grocery that just opened in the old Save-a-Lot building has beer and liquor and at prices that look less expensive than Gabi's just a few doors away. The ALPS will likely cut into some of Gabi's business. I was kind of surprised they had a liquor department.
New Gettemeiers

AOL

#11 Sep 14, 2009
Marcus Welby wrote:
<quoted text>
I haven't been to Gettemeiers in about 5 years so maybe it has changed since then. It used to be extremely smoky (more so than most bars) if that's an issue to you.
You have to give Gettemeiers a second look. They remodeled a couple of years ago. Very nice, about 3x larger, very good food and menu, good pizza and burgers. More sports bar type, lots of quality TV's, smoke all gone.

You won't be sorry.
martiniman

Saint Louis, MO

#12 Sep 14, 2009
Hendels Market Cafe has an awesome new piano bar.. The prices are average and it is first class. There is a guy playing and singing I'm not sure when though.
Plus they have great food.
Marcus Welby

Saint Louis, MO

#13 Sep 14, 2009
New Gettemeiers wrote:
<quoted text>
You have to give Gettemeiers a second look. They remodeled a couple of years ago. Very nice, about 3x larger, very good food and menu, good pizza and burgers. More sports bar type, lots of quality TV's, smoke all gone.
You won't be sorry.
Does Carolyn still tend bar at Gettemeiers? She alone was worth the price of admission.
flores

Saint Louis, MO

#14 Oct 5, 2009
Marcus Welby wrote:
<quoted text>
Gettemeiers has been remodeled and is very nice. The food is good,not smokey and the employes are very friendly
Smoky Stover

Saint Louis, MO

#15 Oct 5, 2009
brewsker wrote:
Brewskeez, lots of drink specials and live music on the weekends.
Joes pub, very smokey but nice small place to hang out for a while before the croud shows up and makes it smokey
I was at a pub recently and I ran into the owner of an Illinois pub. We had an interesting conversation about the smoking ban in Illinois.
I asked if there were problems and the reply was that "enforcement" is tricky. The way the enforcement works, you can get fined or even put out of business by smokers who decide to break the rules or worse, even by a competitor who decides to come in and ruin your business.
I also asked if the smoking ban hurt the business and caused a decrease in sales. The reply was "Yes, for about two weeks and then everything came back to normal. Smokers come to drink and socialize, smoking is secondary. Non-smokers have always out-numbered the smokers and many of them like the smoking ban." This owner was a smoker and did not have a big problem with the ban other than the enforcement problems. They also said that maintenance and cleaning costs at the pub decreased after the ban.
hot bar tender

Florissant, MO

#16 Oct 5, 2009
there was always a hot blonde man working behind the bar at henkes. i think his name was ryan or something. very nice, big hands!
Bonus Bucks

Pleasanton, CA

#17 Oct 5, 2009
Gators is nice. They just expanded and the bar lady Tiffany is worth the trip. The drinks are strong, and the beer is cold. Rich is the owner and he is very nice. Tammy,.......well lets just say she has her moments.
Pool tables, darts and shuffleboard complete the scene.
As a bonus, "NORM" occasionally makes an appearence.
It is a good time location!!!!!!!!!
Bubba

Florissant, MO

#18 Oct 5, 2009
new2flo wrote:
"Fast Eddies" in Alton Il. By Far the best bar in the erea.
Trotter

Saint Louis, MO

#19 Oct 5, 2009
Bubba wrote:
<quoted text>
"Fast Eddies" in Alton Il. By Far the best bar in the erea.
A lot of people really like Fast Eddies. I've been there a half dozen times. I think it's okay but I have never been highly impressed with the place. The food is pretty good especially for the price. But the place is kind of grubby and way too crowded most of the time.
Romy

Florissant, MO

#20 Oct 5, 2009
Seansie's Irish Pub on Dunn Rd. Behind the Steak and Shake up near 270 and Howdershell. live music, great food, and nice ppl. Live music is great, especially on every other thursday nights, I should know, my husband, Jay Phillips plays up there (shameless plug) :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Florissant Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ferguson braces for grand jury decision 1 hr Here Is One 14
Driving While Black - And Poor 2 hr payme 67
more monkey bizz ! 3 hr hardhead 1
Corpus Christi Tue TTU 4
Behrman for Mayor Mon Spuds Cooker 2
ferguson police and council Dec 22 hardhead 1
When is the new Club Fitness location opening up? Dec 22 hardhead 10
Florissant Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web